Southern Orcs

Jul 1, 2015 6:59 pm
Not all orcs will bend to the will of the North (1). They may not fight as effectively but the Beast Riding (1) orcs of the Southern Lowlands (1) fight the grokking orcs of the north with lightning guerilla strikes. (1)
Jul 3, 2015 4:19 pm
So I'm assuming the southern orcs are the tribe whose camp Breena and Gaja came to, right? What do we want to do about worldbuilding in places where we have existing stories that establish some truths/realities? Should we go ahead and put those characters (Urhug, her lieutenant, the fact that she takes the hands from those whose leadership she challenged and defeated within the tribe) in the thread free of charge, and build around that? Or should we recreate those things at-cost? Or do we say this is a different tribe?

Basically, what's our worldbuilding strategy for things that already exist in some of our stories? Are we trying to avoid touching things that already exist (The Onarfi, Grigori, Midland, etc.) -- meaning this southern tribe is not Urhug's tribe, or are we going to add-on and build-out existing elements?
Jul 4, 2015 12:03 am
I think they exist for free since they are established. I think that if you wanted to change something that has been established, or maybe want to tie it to the worldbuilding, that it would cost a coin. Such that these orcs of the Southern Lowland could be something new or they could be those led by Urhug.

I would propose a rule for a coin such that tying campaign worldbuilding to this worldbuilding costs a coin.

If you want to spend a coin to tie the southern lowland (or even the norther plateau) orcs to Urhug or instead want to spend a coin disputing the rule.
Jul 4, 2015 8:26 pm
I like that rule. Basically a coin to introduce them to the arena of creation. Makes it simple and straightforward.

I have one other question after your post though. Are the Southern Orcs discussed in this thread south of the Northern Plateaus, or in the southern part of the Northern Plateaus?
Jul 11, 2015 5:10 pm
Led by Urhug (1) [Introduced from play]
-Urhug has a reputation for taking the right hand of her enemies within the tribe. Her lieutenant is a lefty former chieftain, who she overtook. He is her most trusted advisor.

In times of war, Urhug's tribe is known to bribe a nearby ettin clan (1) with promises of loot and food. This small clan is lead by:

YarnaVarna (1) Ettin Leader(1)
-Yarna so dominated her twin, that Varna's mouth has been sewn shut(1). For this reason, Yarna never suffers from the confusion or bickering that other Ettins do.
Sep 8, 2015 9:36 pm
Tuntaf, lieutenant of Urhug (1). He is small for an orc, but a powerful warlock and crafty fighter, seamlessly mixing magic and martial skill (3). His pact is to the Great Old One, Don Joswee (1).
May 28, 2017 4:10 am
The orcs have a superstitious fear of blood outside of battle and ritual (1). Blood magics are prohibited within the loosely affiliated tribes and is one of the only common rules (2). Ritual scarification by a tribal shaman is one of the few bloodlettings that are not considered taboo (1). This is actually also a biological evolution as the sight of blood can send the orcs into an aggressive frenzy (1).
Aug 24, 2019 11:59 pm
Urhug's Mount is known as Deathtusk. It is missing it's left tusk and has a scar along it's mouth from a great battle. Urhug, with the help of Tuntaf, crafted a new tusk for it that is infused with necrotic magics. A hit from Urhug's mount will desicate an enemy in a single blow.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.