Chapter 1, Day 1 Morning: The Witchwood

load previous
Aug 11, 2015 7:52 pm
Zaris walks quickly to Rurik and hands him his water. "Here, you need a drink."
Aug 12, 2015 1:17 am
In addition to the equipment they are wearing, Xara finds an unimpressive sum of thirty gold spread out amongst the corpses, with ten of that thirty on the body of the cleric. Additionally, she notices the cleric's holy symbol is quite ornate and picks it up. It features heads of five dragons, each a different colour.
Aug 12, 2015 1:33 am
"What an absolutely stunning artifact!" Zaris exclaims, practically dropping his bag. "Do you mind if I get a look at it?"

Rolls

Arcana to see if I recognize the symbol. - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Aug 12, 2015 1:56 am
At Zaris' excited expression, I instinctively clutch the fancy pendant closer to my chest before begrudgingly holding it out for him to take a look. "How much you think this dragon thing is worth?"
Aug 12, 2015 1:59 am
Zaris examines it, but the only conclusion he is able to come to is that it's a religious artifact and not something knowledge of the arcane would aid in identifying.

Religion check to identify
Aug 12, 2015 4:27 am
I take the water gratefully, drinking from it gratefully. Seeing the group gather around the clerics body examing something, I step closer. "Hmmm, I think I read something about this in some half forgotten time in the Dalelands" I start muttering to myself as I look at the symbol, searching my memory for any pertinent information.
OOC: don't know if the researcher feature of my sage background would trigger, trying to find information about the symbol

Rolls

Religion check - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Aug 12, 2015 4:41 am
It takes no more than a quick glance for Rurik to recognize the holy symbol. It is the symbol of Tiamat, evil god of the chromatic dragons.

Sage feature not necessary because you aced the roll!
Aug 13, 2015 1:45 am
"What is it Rurik? Are you about to impress us with your vast book learnings or what?" I pick up the rapier that I chucked blindly into the woods and lean against a tree for a moment to catch my breath. I hope I don't look half as terrible as I feel. I feel like death.
Aug 13, 2015 2:39 am
"Yes, Rurik! What is it? Should we be worried?" Zaris sits down against a tree and retrieves a book from his pack and begins reading a short passage about Tiamat. "Horrific...." he mutters under his breath. "I wonder if each of the heads can speak under its own accord?" He lays the book on his lap, leans back against the tree, and closes his eyes to get a short rest.
Last edited August 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Rolls

Hit dice - (1d6)

(1) = 1

second hit die. - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Aug 13, 2015 1:24 pm
I fix Xara with a flat stare, "Ye've been spending too much time with Corban, Xara." Reaching down, I snap the symbol from the thong around the cleric's throat and toss it to Zaris "I wouldn't be too worried, Tiamat didn't do too much to protect this one." I give the corpse at our feet a kick for emphasis. "Though, y'can never be disappointed bein' on guard." I sit against a nearby tree going through the books I have looking for a way to use Tiamat to escape my demonic deal, but it would likely be trading one master for another.
OOC: is there anything else I'd know about Tiamat in the area, like if a band of hobgoblins worshipping Tiamat is unusual, etc.

Rolls

Hit dice recovery 1 - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Second recovery hit dice - (1d8)

(8) = 8

History check for Tiamat worship in the area - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Aug 14, 2015 11:21 am
Better him than you. You're no fun at all. I keep my thoughts to myself and shrug. "At least they had the decency to carry a bit of coin on them. It wasn't a complete waste of time." I sit down in the grass next to the tree and split the gold evenly, handing each party member their share.

Rolls

Hit dice recovery 1 - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Aug 14, 2015 12:56 pm
Rurik reflects on what he knows about Tiamat worship but can't recall anything particular to this area.
Aug 14, 2015 5:12 pm
Zaris rises from the ground and looks around at his companions. "I would suggest that we continue on to civilization and rest for the night. I for one am in need of a night's rest.
Aug 14, 2015 5:15 pm
"aye and it'll be nice to get away from the forests for once." I heave myself to my feet, joints popping and creaking audibly
Aug 14, 2015 10:50 pm
"That is a great idea, Zaris! We could all use a drink and some rest after such an eventful day. Lead the way!" I hum a jaunty tune as we continue on our journey.
Aug 15, 2015 2:16 am
I let the others go about their business as I carefully clean my blade. Slowly, ritualistic, I sheath my sword and loosen my shield as I close my eyes in silent contemplation and prayer, thanking Tyr for the opportunity to rid this realm of evil. To the untrained eye, it would seem my demeanor hadn't changed, but those who were more familiar with me would see a small smile creep across my face. Afterward, I compose myself, stoic as usual, and join my companions. "What do we have here?"
Aug 17, 2015 1:06 pm
OOC: lol Damn lengthy paladin contemplations.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.