I am out of Coins

Jul 18, 2015 4:32 am
Post here when you are out of coins. Once everyone is out of coins we will have a refresh. Perhaps someone could make a rule for what happens at refreshes.
Jul 18, 2015 4:32 am
I am also out of coins.
Jul 19, 2015 6:10 pm
What would you think of something like the following?

For a refreshment of 20 coins when you run out: Pick an entity that has already been created (e.g. character, tribe, region, city, whatever). Write a brief backstory for that entity (no min or max length). (1)
Jul 21, 2015 4:45 am
Well I have no coins to say one way or the other but I think that particular rule can be abused since writing a Backstory creates more facts for free. I was thinking something more along the lines of "When everyone runs out of coins, refreshment event X happens." But like I said, I have no coin to contest any rules you make right now.
Jul 21, 2015 7:20 pm
Hmm, any ideas for what the refreshment event would be?

The one thing I would worry about is that we're spending coins at fairly different rates, so waiting for everyone to be out at the same time could take a while? Also the last person would just be posting by themself, without anyone to bounce off of? That's why I was trying to think of something you could do to earn a refreshment for yourself without waiting?
Jul 21, 2015 7:34 pm
See I thought it wasn't because of a paucity of ideas but just a hesitancy to overpost. I would see it as those that spend all their coins early have crowded the mic. Now is the time for those who waited their turn to add their touch. If I was worried that either of you were going to write something early on that I was going to contradict or need to save coins for, I would have held back. But this is early game worldbuilding. We haven't even named a continent yet.

I think that having an open board makes it so that you can really write whatever it is you want. Go crazy. If you want to open source ideas, we can have a refresh at your own rate sort of thing.

I think that refreshment event x could be something like, everyone has to create a third of a party that roams the countryside as and adventuring party. Doesn't have to be fully fleshed out but a single character with a backstory that travels with two others. The person to spend coins last gets to theme the group whatever they want.

Or maybe

Once everyone is out of coins, we each have to create a former civilization that walked the world when it was young. The three created existed at the same time. It can be unlike any other races created so far. The last player to spend a coin gets to frame the age. "It was when the ________ ruled the world." The world is battlescarred and has ancient fortresses and secrets aplenty.

Or maybe

A rule that says the person that spends the last coin gets to decide what refreshment event x is.

It's up to you two. How do we want to shape the game?
Jul 30, 2015 7:53 pm
Aaaand I'm out. Only started with 25 though, to catch up.

No idea re: refreshment event. Will think about it.
Jul 31, 2015 1:53 am
I like Jaeger's idea that the person who goes out first gets to decide what the refreshment event is that time around? That way it won't always be the same thing. So maybe this time around Jaeger determines what we must do to earn our keep?

Also, how many coins should a refreshment be worth? 25? 30?
Jul 31, 2015 2:58 am
Sorry, I meant the person to go out last. I think 30 should be good. Harden blasted through his 25 like it was nothing.
Jul 31, 2015 3:32 am
Last person out will most likely be Margaret, then, if her McMoneybags is accurate.
Aug 6, 2015 1:04 am
Muahahaha I have all the power!

Ok, refreshment event: Everyone has to come up with a origin (think Adam and Eve) myth for a people. Post it in the thread that pertains to that group (bog elves, bullywugs, orcs, whatever). Only one origin myth per people (obviously) so there is a bit of incentive to get it in. The origin myth costs no coins from the refresh, but you are of course free to spend coins to add to others'.
Aug 8, 2015 8:48 pm
As soon as you run out of coins, we will start the event. Go crazy!
Aug 16, 2015 4:12 pm
Oh, sorry! I for some reason thought the last person was SOL. The event would start everyone over at the same amount. Now to go on a spending spree....
Aug 18, 2015 6:44 am
Jesse, did you still have coins?
Aug 18, 2015 11:17 am
I think those last two are the ones he spent in the Thand thread.
Aug 20, 2015 1:14 am
So now we wait for Jesse to add an origin myth and then we all get coins? Or write and origin story and then get coins?
Aug 20, 2015 2:45 am
The first one is probably better. If we all start at the same time then there's more opportunity to bounce ideas back and forth rather than going in waves.
Aug 21, 2015 2:23 am
REFRESH!
Aug 21, 2015 3:23 am
IDEAS-HAVING +30

(tomorrow. Bed right now.)
Sep 5, 2015 8:17 am
I am out of Round 2 coins.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.