Character Creation Thread

load previous
Feb 16, 2016 11:29 am
Gotta let Paladin's gears start turning, he's making the campaign from scratch I believe.
Feb 16, 2016 1:30 pm
Sorry, Yesterday there were technical difficulties. Handle is right, I am making this up from scratch and as we go along I will change things to reflect your actions, but I do know where we're starting.

I should have caught this before, but the only character that I see with a Lifestyle listed is Fadeout, I see Andy's Lifestyle listed in the character bio section as "Middle to Low" did pay some of your starting nuyen for a lifestyle?

If anybody forgot to buy it, don't sweat it. Buy it now and let me know what it is. Alternately, if you don't have any cash left, I'll let you have a single month of Low lifestyle on credit, just remember to pay up ;-)
Feb 16, 2016 2:03 pm
The game is on!
Find the first scene HERE!
Feb 16, 2016 3:42 pm
I couldn't find anything describing the cost for lifestyle. I did use my starting nuyen to purchase an automotive shop, but wasn't sure what that included. I can readjust the budget to include the lifestyle once I find the numbers.

I think I really need to get the core rulebook. Having the quick-start PDFs and online searches leaves a lot of gaps.
Feb 16, 2016 4:25 pm
Lifestyles cover the day-to-day expenses of living. Basic food, rent, utilities, Matrix access, etc. are all covered by Lifestyle. Here's a quick and dirty description.

Streets: Literally, on the streets. Living in a cardboard box, eating out of the garbage, and freezing in the winter. - Free
Squatter: You live in a run-down squatter building probably shared by other squatters. You eat low-grade nutri-soy and yeast, adding flavors with an eyedropper. It sucks. - 500¥/month
Low: You live in a crappy apartment whose key feature is that the door locks. Payments to the local street gang are part of the lifestyle cost. Power and water are available during assigned rationing periods. Factory workers, petty crooks, and folks stuck in a rut tend to have this lifestyle. - 2,000¥/month
Middle: You have a nice apartment or condo with some comfort. The auto-cook has a full suite of flavors and you occasionally get natural food. This is the lifestyle for ordinary wage-slaves or reasonably successful criminals. - 5,000¥/month
High: You have a roomy house or condo, good food, and technology that makes life good. Your home is in a secure zone or protected by good bribes to the local police contractor. This is the life for the well-to-do on either side of the law. - 10,000¥/month
Luxury: Ha ha! Yeah, right! - 100,000¥/month
Feb 16, 2016 4:37 pm
Thanks for the breakdown!

I made some budget adjustments and set aside enough to live 9 months on a Middle lifestyle. Could I have this condo set above my automotive shop?

Actually, I think the Runner flavor is better at a Low lifestyle. I will set aside 22 months' payment for a bare studio above the automotive shop, if that's okay.
Last edited February 16, 2016 4:41 pm
Feb 16, 2016 5:49 pm
CancerMan says:
Thanks for the breakdown!

I made some budget adjustments and set aside enough to live 9 months on a Middle lifestyle. Could I have this condo set above my automotive shop?

Actually, I think the Runner flavor is better at a Low lifestyle. I will set aside 22 months' payment for a bare studio above the automotive shop, if that's okay.
That sounds fine. You can always spend a little extra on good food when you're in the mood.

Since nobody asked about any of the optional lifestyle stuff from Run & Gun, I'm just going to cross that out and run entirely with lifestyles straight from the core rulebook.
Feb 16, 2016 6:59 pm
Vision is super broke, so i will have to owe you a months payment once we get paid. i will make a note on my sheet.
Feb 16, 2016 7:07 pm
what are the pixel limits of avatars? is it 150x150?
Feb 16, 2016 7:28 pm
I don't know if there's a hard limit, but avatars do scale appropriately. Andy's avatar is actually 450x450.
Feb 16, 2016 9:16 pm
I got a low lifestyle, I pay it month to month.
Feb 16, 2016 10:42 pm
Lo is living that sweet, sweet low level life style.
Feb 16, 2016 10:44 pm
szemely says:
Lo is living that sweet, sweet low level life style.
don't you mean the "Lo" lifestyle?
Feb 16, 2016 10:49 pm
Almost typed it in that way... :-)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.