Worldbuilding Q&A

Aug 1, 2015 2:36 pm
Moofsalot: Why has your temple tolerated the twisted darkness of the Warlock's Wood until now?
harlandski: How did you first hear about the great treasure in the ruins deep within the Warlock's Wood?
foolsmask: What superstition about the Warlock's Wood holds truth?
Jabes.plays.RPG: What will happen if you don't return with the Queen's Heart?
Aug 1, 2015 10:12 pm
Legend speaks of a pair of young lovers who met a tragic end. During the full moon their vengeful Spirits roam the woods eternally seeking each other out, but never meeting. The attack any living person they meet. Throwing a pinch of salt at them will ward you for a time, but it only makes them angrier.
Aug 2, 2015 12:38 am
Nice! I like it!
Aug 3, 2015 2:50 pm
If I don't return with the Queen's Heart, the ruby pendant which is the symbol of Her Majesty's authority, the kingdom will fall into chaos. More importantly, if I fail, how could I profess my love to her then?
Aug 3, 2015 6:00 pm
Absolutely fabulous.
Aug 4, 2015 3:57 am
She who brings our god Zorica an offering of the darkest essence of the Warlock's Wood will bring glory unto her. However, we are told that, until that corrupt power manifests itself into the form of one being, we are to leave the corruption to fester.
Last edited August 4, 2015 3:57 am
Aug 4, 2015 3:17 pm
I overheard it from a really annoying young elven noblewoman I robbed. Whilst I was waiting for just the perfect moment to relieve her of her excess purse, she was boasting to her equally irritating noble friend about this divine treasure kept in the Warlock's Wood for only the brave to discover. Said she was going to go and hire 'a few good men' and retrieve it herself. She didn't look like the adventuring kind herself, but she certainly had the money for hirelings - what I stole was just her small change.
Aug 6, 2015 6:01 am
Great answers folks, definitely getting some awesome stuff to populate this dungeon. Already seeing a lot of conflicting goals here; seems like most of you want the the treasure for yourselves for your own personal reasons. This is good!

Moofsalot: What dark stain from your past did Zorica wash clean?
harlandski: What did the Bright Matron ask you to steal from the castle? Did you succeed?
foolsmask: How did you earn the trust of the the froglings of the Warlock's Wood?
Jabes.plays.RPG: How did your first love break your heart?
Aug 6, 2015 3:04 pm
Some time ago, a clan of kitsune came to the wood. Most of the time kitsune are more nuisance than threat, but frogs were something of a delicacy to these fox spirits. The froglings proved doubly so as their sentience made them ideal for sacrifice as well as food. The primitive froglings were no match for the cunning and magic possessed by the kitsune and would have been wiped out without the druid's help. When she came to their aid despite a primarily antagonistic history, the shaman and chiefs saw her in a new light. She taught them to hide from kitsune magic and how to distract them from their hunts. They even launched couter attacks. Eventually, the kitsune became bored and tired of working so hard to catch their food, so they left. Now, the froglings welcome the druid openly into their villages and camps, even seeking out her advice from time to time.

(So, I probably don't need to help with this but I will point out that the kitsune survived this little adventure. Some may have been killed but not all. There may be resentment there, just saying.)
Aug 6, 2015 3:38 pm
Really should play less poker. Especially with Fey Ladies. But the chance to win a gossamer cloak was just too damn tempting. Should have known that I would lose, and when I lost I would agree to something really stupid to clear my account. So yes, it was me who famously attempted to steal the Crown Prince's baby son, and only just escaped in one piece.
Aug 7, 2015 6:22 pm
Hello_Newman says:
Jabes.plays.RPG: How did your first love break your heart?
She didn't. I broke hers. There probably isn't a town from here to Arunshire that hasn't got some poor lass whose heart I've broken. But my love for the Queen is true!
Note that Elestren is female.
Aug 7, 2015 6:42 pm
Loving these, folks! Digging the fae vibes, that will definitely play into it.
Aug 10, 2015 4:11 pm
As a child, I murdered my best friend. Technically it was an accident, but I stilled blamed myself and worried that it was my temper that got him killed. For many years I avoided getting close to others for fear of repeating the same mistake. Zorica showed me forgiveness and pointed me in the right direction, one that allowed me to channel my emotions towards a greater purpose.
Last edited August 11, 2015 3:26 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.