Chapter 1, Day 1 Afternoon: Drellen's Ferry

load previous
Aug 31, 2015 2:14 am
"'Til morning? Alright, I suppose I can wait until then. We'll discuss our plan of action tonight. Is that all you can tell us?"
Aug 31, 2015 2:26 am
Norro nods, "That is all I can add. Unless you have any specific questions, we shall need to go and begin arranging your payment."
Aug 31, 2015 2:34 am
"If it's all the same to you Xara, I would suggest we talk quickly," the wizard says. "I will need sufficient time to prepare myself for this...excursion tomorrow." He looks to each of his comrades with a look of utmost seriousness. "I am all willing to help, but this seems highly dangerous for a small group such as ourselves."
Aug 31, 2015 3:40 pm
I turn to Zaris with a lighthearted smile, "Think of the good we could do by saving this town."
Aug 31, 2015 8:38 pm
Zaris chuckles and smiles back at Kaiakas. "Yes, I suppose you're right. Let's just be careful and prepared!
Aug 31, 2015 11:14 pm
"To goodness! No other questions, good man." I pat Norro on the shoulder, then turn back to my companions. "We've much to drink and discuss. Preferably in that order."
Sep 1, 2015 3:33 pm
Nodding in agreement, Zaris walks back to the Inn, finds a nice comfortable chair at a large table near the fire and orders up a plate or roasted meat and vegetables. No sense fretting with an empty stomach he thinks to himself before opening up his spell book and carefully considering his options.
Sep 1, 2015 3:35 pm
The food is delivered to Zaris quite quickly, and when he goes to pay the halfling who delivered it smiles and says, "No need sir. Overheard your conversation with Norro, meals for you and yours are on the house today."
Sep 1, 2015 4:18 pm
I head over to Zaris' table and plunk down next to him. "The same for me! And a round of your finest ale! Who am I to pass up a free meal? We may not live to see another!" I drum my fingers on the table before addressing Zaris. "Got something in that book of yours that will help us, or are ya just reading to calm your nerves?"
Sep 1, 2015 6:00 pm
Some time later, Corban stumbles up to where Zaris and Xara are enjoying their ale. "Where in the hellsh have you two been? Shhome clown down at the bar bet me I couldn't polishhh 6 bottles of Gnomish bitter. HAR Jokes on him... " With that, Corban unceremoniously flops himself to the floor near the fire, a confused expression on his face.

"Did we get new friends? I could have sworn there was only one Xara when we got to this town... Oh well... whells. Say Zaris, can we go practice fireballs?" Before Zaris can have a chance to respond, nothing but snores are coming from Corban's slumped form.
Sep 1, 2015 6:22 pm
Shortly after Corban passed out on the floor, I step in looking particularly pleased will myself "well that was worth the gold it cost to keep him from making the obnoxious jokes for an evening." I join the rest at the table "Do, mass quantities of hobgoblins stand between us and funding for future endeavors?"
Sep 1, 2015 9:01 pm
"Well thank you much graciously," Zaris exclaims. He puts down his spell book and eats deliberately and quickly. "Excellent goat meat!" He says in the direction of the kitchen, but much too quietly for anyone to hear. Seeing Xara approach, the wizard smiles and thumbs through his book again.

"I'm still very much an academic at all of this spell casting," he admits with a bit of embarrassment. "I wish I had more to offer, but these things take a great deal of time. They continue to eat and chat about their mission tomorrow.

"Corban!" Zaris exclaims as the man drunkenly walks into the room. "Do you really think this is best right before we-" Zaris doesn't bother finishing his thought has Corban slumps, snoring on the ground.
Sep 1, 2015 10:11 pm
"Why yes, Rurik. I believe so. However, thanks to my excellent skills in negotiating, we'll get half payment in the morning. They sure do have a lot of faith in my, I mean our, abilities."

You do not have permission to post in this thread.