Late night, late launch

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 27, 2015 4:31 pm
One of these days, I'll launch code when I intend to. Obviously, this is not that time. I think about two weeks ago, I mentioned on Twitter that I was getting ready to launch some code that would fix some bugs, clean stuff up, and add some useful functionality. Two weeks later... I did!

I'm currently working on adding Shadowrun 5e, and in the process, I did what all developers do (and regret doing): "fixed" other pages! I made a few pages, including the "My Characters" page Angular, and I created loading spinners for the Angular pages for when content is loading.

Most of the changes are things you guys won't notice, unless it broke something. And if it did break something, let me know as always and I'll fix it.

Oh, I guess you might notice I changed the input box colors.
Aug 27, 2015 9:04 pm
The characters page seems to be messed up a bit with regard to special characters (most of these should be é í ő and the like).

http://i.imgur.com/s5DxiLX.png

All of the other pages seems to handle them correctly though.
Last edited August 27, 2015 9:04 pm
Aug 27, 2015 9:36 pm
Hm... we may be back to the problem we had earlier... I got it working in HTML, but this time its coming in via Javascript. I didn't expect this issue, and I'm definitely well less knowledgeable at Javascript... this'll take some figuring out. Can I get links to some of those for their ID numbers? I'll see if they're in the library as well.
Aug 27, 2015 10:43 pm
Those names are showing up correctly on the character sheets? And I'm guessing you're not using a standard English language set? I'm trying to recreate some of those names locally to figure out what's wrong, but they encode ok for me. If you edit the characters, so the names look ok in the input fields? If not and you fix them then save, does it fix them?
Aug 27, 2015 11:35 pm
The names show up everywhere else (that I've seen) correctly. It is only on that page that they get weirded out. If I edit them (nice inline editing feature BTW!) they appear OK, but if I navigate away from the page and go back the get even worse (and then get screwed up in the pulldown "Characters" menu as well).

Apro was fine before the inline edit and there are now even more extra characters in Nyil's and Apro's names.

http://i.imgur.com/yEPfUku.png
Last edited August 27, 2015 11:36 pm
Aug 28, 2015 12:22 am
The I line edit works off the same tech that the My Characters page does, so if one is screwed up, both will be. To confirm, you're not using an English keyboard, right? I'm sorry, I'm really having trouble with encoding...
Aug 28, 2015 12:32 am
I'm using a US Mac Keyboard that set in US Extended mode.
Aug 28, 2015 1:02 am
Hm... So you're using keyboard codes for the accented characters? I did the same with no luck...
Aug 28, 2015 1:48 am
Yep. Alt-E + i, for example, produces í.
Aug 28, 2015 1:51 am
Here's an example of the same thing happening in my mail subjects from some time ago. Notice how the number of garbage characters grow each time...

http://i.imgur.com/uvSjuIu.png
Aug 28, 2015 3:53 am
New code in place. Give it a shot.
Aug 28, 2015 11:07 am
Thanks. I'll give it a go after work and let you know.
Aug 28, 2015 4:13 pm
Still a bit off. The old characters (the ones I haven't tried to edit) are OK now, but the two that I tried to edit, now have '?' in place of the accented characters.
Aug 28, 2015 4:54 pm
Haha, that's unexpected... We're getting closer...
Aug 28, 2015 5:12 pm
Try again (last time, I hope).
Aug 28, 2015 5:17 pm
Other than the ő character, everything else appears to be working!
Aug 28, 2015 5:18 pm
One specific character isn't working...? I... don't understand that.
Aug 28, 2015 5:20 pm
Weird, innit, but that's the only one that I use that isn't going. The rest, í ó é Ü, all work fine.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.