Chapter 1 - The City

load previous
Oct 27, 2015 9:38 pm
"Sorry, but you're not the only one trying to rescue family here, buddy. If there was some other way to help you I would."
Oct 28, 2015 2:34 am
-- Inside --
As Kel and John make their way towards the front all of a sudden a gunshot rings out from the front of the store. People instantly scatter in all directions. Most surge away from the sound and people start to flood your direction near the back portion of the store. Another shot rings out, still sounding like it's from the front of the store.

John looks at Kel, "What should we do? Find the back exit?"

-- Outside --
Having his plan foiled the husband here looks sadly at you but sees that his arguments aren't really making headway. He looks like he is searching for a new line of reasoning when you hear the loud crack of a gunshot come from the store. He flinches at the noise and quickly pleads with you again, "Please, just help us get out of here. We only live about five miles away." Another shot rings out from the store behind you.

GM: The two outside give me charisma checks. Same as last time (2 positive, 2 negative). We are going to do an opposed check to see who is more convincing, and if you can resist his impassioned pleas.
Oct 28, 2015 2:46 am
Jacob fights with his self as the man pleads his case. "Five miles ain't so bad... NO! Have to get to Kel's place..."

CHA 2

Rolls

Positive Dice - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (6) = 6

Negative Dice - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (4) = 4

Oct 28, 2015 3:22 am
Kel looks at John "I don't want to find more rats in the alley...one guy with a gun we can deal with, and if it's a cop we just pay for this stuff, right?"
Oct 28, 2015 7:46 am
Howard really doesn't want to turn into a monster himself, even if zombies are actually real. But it's not his call! But they're a family!

TWO social stress and a failure - ouch!
Last edited October 28, 2015 7:47 am

Rolls

CHR check (positive dice) - (2d6)

(46) = 10

CHR check (negative dice) - (2d6)

(33) = 6

Oct 29, 2015 3:01 am
-- Inside --
You start to move closer back to the entrance and you spot the gunman. He has a small pistol and is firing it into the air. By now most people have left the front of the store either through the front or have piled towards the back to look for other exits. The man has a black ski mask on and is wearing a puffy black vest with the word POLICE across it in yellow. You would guess maybe a bullet proof or kevlar vest. The man is shouting for the rest of the people up front to leave and that this is his place now.

As of now Kel and John are in a small electronics section that is near the front. From here it's about a 60 ft sprint to the exit. The man is almost directly in that path. You have seen him stop two other people by menacingly pointing the gun at them to make them leave shopping carts full of supplies as he shouts that all of this is his now.

[ GM: Remember, if you want to move in combat you can move up to 20 feet a minor task (not requiring a roll of anything) in a single round. If you want to use your whole turn to sprint you can get up to 60 feet with a vitality test (undetermined difficulty yet). However if you fail it you may either come up short in distance or sustain a minor injury. That is just one option here. ]

-- Outside --
As another shot rings out from the store the man has almost gotten to Howard but Jacob interjects. Seeing there is no help to be had here the man turns and leaves the other direction, wanting nothing to do with the P&G with the sounds that have been coming from inside there. He and his family hurry off down the road.

You've now heard three gunshots come from the store and Kel and John are not back yet with supplies. You can also hear occasional shouts from inside the store but from across the parking lot you can't make out what they are saying.

[ GM: You definitely took the stress of the situation, but you were able to keep up your persistence and kept all of your vehicles and space. ]
Oct 29, 2015 10:39 am
"That's not a cop....cops don't wear a ski mask and say "This place is mine".. Do we look for a back exit or take him on?" Kel says, looking towards John's training for guidance.
Oct 29, 2015 9:38 pm
"What do you think's going on in there, Howard? I say we give them a few more minutes and then I'll go and see what the hell they're doing."
Oct 31, 2015 12:49 am
Howard flicks his eyes nervously at Andrew, who has fallen somewhat catatonic. How are we going to get to the cabin if he doesn't snap out of it? But he replies to Jacob: "Yeah...yeah, that seems like a good idea."
Oct 31, 2015 3:31 am
-- Inside --
John looks around pondering his options quickly, "We should find another way out. He hasn't used the gun on a person yet, but someone like this, I don't think they are the type to test." He turns and heads away from the store back where most of the others went. As you get towards the back you see a large group of people trying to file out of a small single back door. There is also a garage door, probably used for shipments. But it is down and has a large padlock holding it closed.

If you want to wait for the door, it make take about a good 5 minutes with how many people are trying to get out of one door. Otherwise you'll have to look for another way out.

[ GM: If you want you can make a Logic check to find an alternate route out of here. I'll give you three white, two black if you want to do it. Default white, one for your armchair survivalist, and one because you've probably been in this store before. Two black because stress of the situation, gunman in store and all. ]

-- Outside --
A few minutes passes and people stop trickling out of the front of the store. You see some people who appear near the back and the run off from the store. As Jacob and Howard are watching the store intently Howard looks back to check on Andrew. He was standing right with you two, but suddenly he is gone. Not a single trace. Scanning up and down the street you see nothing.
Oct 31, 2015 12:31 pm
Kel looks around for the Hardware section sign. "Lets get a bolt cutter and open that door. The fact that people are filing out and we don't hear screams tells me it's safer back there than I assumed"

Rolls

[+] 3 Dice - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (1) = 1

[-] 2 Dice - (1d6, 1d6)

Oct 31, 2015 12:31 pm
YAY!
Oct 31, 2015 3:29 pm
"Andrew? ANDREW?? Jacob, Annette, did you see where Andrew went?"

Howard turns around, and around again, looking for his driver. Is Andrew's car still there, with Annette and all their cop supplies in it, or did they all vanish, too, despite our guarding it? If the car's still there, are the keys still in the car, or did they disappear with Andrew?

"WHAT THE HELL?? We're going to his family's cabin...!"

Is there anyone suspicious nearby, anyone who could have taken him?

"AAAANDREEEEEW!!"
Last edited October 31, 2015 3:55 pm
Nov 3, 2015 3:54 pm
-- Inside --
Kel, familiar with the store quickly and easily finds a hefty bolt cutter nearby and snaps the lock right off the door. As the door rattle up the crowd quickly surges out through the new exit, more than likely grateful for such resourcefulness. Kel and John heft the cart down off the loading bay and are now behind the store away from the gunman.

-- Outside --
The strange thing is that all of Andrews stuff for the car are still there, but there is no sign of him. His car is still there but he had been outside of the car with the rest of you during the encounter with the man. Remaining incredibly quiet. Now he is simply gone. You don't see anyone suspicious around you.
Nov 3, 2015 4:06 pm
Kel tosses the bolt cutters into the cart and smiles confidently at John. "Let's get back to the guys"
Nov 3, 2015 5:13 pm
"Jacob, did you see anything? Where did he go? What's taking the guys so long in the store?"
Nov 3, 2015 10:57 pm
"I wasn't paying any attention to Andrew, he must've just slipped off some where." Jacob shrugs as he continues, "Stay with her, I'm going to see if I can figure out what is going on with Kel and John."

Jacob will move towards the store and take a peek in the front door if he gets that far without any issues.
Nov 4, 2015 6:06 am
As Jacob nears the font of the store he sees and hears a man shouting from inside, then another gunshot rings out. Only a few moments after Kel and John come sprinting from behind the store with a shopping cart full of stuff. You catch their eye and they signal you to follow them. You are able to get back to the cars without incident. Most people in the area have fled the store.
Nov 4, 2015 3:39 pm
Howard keeps an eye out as they all unload into the cars, shotgun still in hand. He explains to the others: "Thank God; I was worried that something had happened. We had a guy and his family try to take a car, and now Andrew has disappeared." Then, as an aside to Annette: "Baby, can you see if Andrew left the keys?"
Last edited November 4, 2015 3:41 pm
Nov 6, 2015 3:42 am
Annette walks over to Andrew's car and checks. "Looks like his keys are still in here. He's just gone", she looks back at Howard.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.