Character Creation

Sep 3, 2015 2:07 pm
I've been thinking about what sort of character I want to play. Fremen was my first thought of course but I think I want to do something a bit more complex. Like maybe a Tleilaxu assassin working for one of the Houses. He could just have a few implants or he could be a full on Face Dancer. I don't know.
Sep 7, 2015 7:45 am
I don't want to recreate or modify the story written by Herbert. We're not going to play on Arrakis, no Fremen or Spice-control factions. We're going to make up our own houses, star system(s) and use that.

I want to focus on a House Minor, with the characters being the leaders of that house. Mentat, BG, noble, swordmaster, CHOAM strategist, etc. An advisor or two employed by the house but from outside of it is OK, but not more.
I'll update the game description, I think I was obscure on this.
Sep 7, 2015 8:31 am
Sounds good :-) Are the Bene Gesserit and Bene Tleilax going to be part of our universe?
Sep 7, 2015 2:11 pm
Yeah, same universe, different time and space.

Between the Battle of Corrin and the life of Muad-dib, we have 10.000 years and a galaxy to pick time and location.
I hope it's enough to avoid messing with the original story. :p
Sep 7, 2015 5:11 pm
Yeah I don't want to have to deal with Herbert's timeline. And I'm far from an expert on the subject either, having only read the 1st 3 books, and not really remembering much of Messiah and Children in any case.
Sep 10, 2015 5:35 pm
Im also partial towards avoiding the original story. It's just better to let it lay.
Sep 12, 2015 7:42 am
We're almost full. I'll wait till Monday for a sixth player, then we'll start, and whoever wants to join, will add where we are at that stage.
Sep 13, 2015 12:40 pm
Really digging the idea of an artist-mentat. Triggered when I saw that fogwood and Sapho both come from Ecaz.
Sep 14, 2015 2:43 am
OK, we have six players, let's jump in. Character ideas and reflecting on them, and setting ideas are the first two steps.
Sep 14, 2015 3:53 am
Cool. Re: character, the House Mentat, artist. He's been at least temporarily crippled through contact with a neurotoxin. Severe neuropathy in his left arm. Sculpts fogwood from Ecaz with his thoughts.

Re: House, I'd personally like to see something more of the Guild and space-faring in general than what we usually see in the books. To that effect, possibly House Wykiru, house minor to the Tseida, with close ties to the Guild.
Sep 14, 2015 8:44 am
OK, a basic thing I always forget at first: how about expected post rate, everyone?
Sep 14, 2015 4:02 pm
Every other day? Two or three a week? Somewhere in there works for me.
Sep 14, 2015 4:03 pm
I can likely manage that.
Sep 14, 2015 4:40 pm
Fine for me as well.

So far only the three of you have reacted, I don't know what's up with the others.
I'll leave the game and the advertisement open until I see some activity on their part or more people join.
Sep 15, 2015 1:32 am
I'll try to make 2 to 3 a week, but can guarantee 1 a week.

As I said elsewhere, looking to play a chemist dealing with spice refinement into various products. Thinking the character has fallen (like many in the Dune universe ) into a dependency on the Spice and that might cause a little friction.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.