General Discussion

load previous
Oct 23, 2015 4:39 am
Yeah, unfortunately he has also gone AWOL. I have one new person joining in and I'm seeking out a second. If you know anyone wanting to join up to the site feel free to invite.
Nov 6, 2015 9:53 pm
@PhantomNimbus - Obviously it worked out fine in the first round, but Opera has the Magnetic mutation, metal weapons have disadvantage against her. So you described the Porkers using guns, if that is the case future attacks should be at disadvantage.
Nov 7, 2015 4:15 am
Ah, totally missed that. Thanks for the heads up!
Nov 8, 2015 2:47 pm
Sorry weekends been crazy. Delay of post. I'll have something up tonight.
Nov 10, 2015 6:59 pm
My streak of incredibly bad rolls on GP continues! ARGH!

I'm so sorry, blade1981m!
Nov 13, 2015 6:59 am
A Guide to General Mothra's expressions:

Homicidally Furious:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/30/45940509_3806bbe7e0_m.jpg

Serenely composed:

Mildly amused, and slightly hungry for a snack (maybe some chips):

Trying to act like he is in on the joke, but secretly worrying that everyone is laughing at him and he'll never get a date to prom:
Last edited November 13, 2015 7:00 am
Nov 13, 2015 7:25 am
Oddly enough, when Psibocorn said his line, the last image was actually the expression you got. Also that list of images earns the entire team inspiration. If you don't have an inspiration point, you get one!
Dec 8, 2015 6:41 am
I keep forgetting to use the inspiration I have, in each of the D&D5 games I'm playing. Oof!

Anyone seen or heard from PhantomNimbus recently? I get the sense that December is difficult for many of us, in terms of maintaining time for gaming.
Dec 8, 2015 12:03 pm
Yeah. Posted in the other game too. Dropping the ball hard here. I may hiatus the game till after xmas, if I can I'll try and get something before then.
Dec 28, 2015 5:21 pm
Alright, hope everyone had a good holiday break. The craziness is over here so I'm back on it. Let's get into the final leg of this journey.
Dec 29, 2015 11:21 pm
Is it possible we can try to work together to figure out this console? My guess is that operating it is at least a moderately difficult task (DC 15), but all of us on our own are rolling crap right now.
Dec 31, 2015 4:46 am
If someone is being assisted they can roll with advantage. Roll 2d20 and take the higher roll.
Feb 4, 2016 9:07 pm
I think I'm rolling 1d2 instead of 1d20 haha
Feb 10, 2016 4:01 am
o.O Death checks!
Feb 10, 2016 11:42 am
That was my bad, numbers fumble. None of you are dead yet. :)
Feb 10, 2016 2:14 pm
Been there, done that, heh.
Feb 22, 2016 6:20 pm
It looks like Psibocorn should be adding INT modifier to the attack roll, as well as proficiency bonus, which is probably 2 right now. So it should be d20+6. I have a feeling that will make quite a difference.
Feb 22, 2016 6:54 pm
I think his attack roll was 1d20+6. It was his damage he was wondering about. I can't say for sure. Obviously since theses are fan made rules they may not have been checked for balance.

I looked to the spells in the PHB though, because basically that's what this power is. From my research spells do not get the ability modifier all the time. Eldritch Blast, a cantrip for the Warlock does not get an ability modifier until at least level 3 and only if the player character chooses Agonizing Blast as one of their Invocations. At level 5 there is an extra ray that adds another die to the damage but requires an attack roll along with that extra die. Dissonant Whispers also increases damage if cast at higher levels and does not get ability mod damage. Looking at a few other Cantrips from other classes I see the same trend. Occasionally an ability mod gets added, but not often.

It makes me want to ask a developer about that. A fireball spell rolls 8d6 out of the gate, giving it a range of 8-48, average 24. A fighter with greatsword and a 16 Str (the 5th ed. version of high stat) has a damge range of 4 -14, average 7(but usually has multiple actions by 5th level when fireball can be cast). In the past editions spells usually had ability mod damage bonus, but there have always been complaints about casters overshadowing the fighters as levels got higher.

I guess they decided the way to balance that better was to lower the damage output of spells some. Plus the eye ray is an at will doing 2d6. 2-12, average 6. My character's weapon choice was a simple ranged meaning I do 1d8+3, range of 4-11, average 7.

So I guess in the end I think that no, no ability modifier added to damage, but that's OK because it is balanced against all the other characters.
Feb 22, 2016 7:44 pm
This is true, normally spells don't add additional damage like standard weapons, they usually tell you exactly what dice to roll for damage.
Feb 24, 2016 9:07 am
Yes, that's the direction I was leaning. But I thought I'd ask.

OK, another question: my psychic shield ability reads that it activates every time I would be hit by an attack. I assume that means that it can activate multiple times in a turn? That could potentially be VERY powerful...except that Psibocorn's CHR is so low that he only gets the minimum bonus of 1 HP every time it activates.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.