Welcome To Gamma World

Sep 10, 2015 4:31 am
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/49/640x415_9535_Base_2d_post_apocalyptic_base_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Welcome to the world after the cataclysm. Few remember the cause, even fewer seem to care. Those that claim to remember always spout stories about shadow governments, or angry gods. None of that matters anymore. All that matters is to survive this hellscape of a planet that was left after all of the past, present, and future realities came crashing down into one world. The majority of the planet is now a desert wasteland, the rest of it is so deep in war the only people who can seem to enjoy the lush landscapes are the ones who's bones it grows over.

You all have your reasons for being here. You all brought something to the table to help you survive this long. Brute robotic strength, or possibly being made out of a massive pile of highly intelligent rats. Your mission became clear after you started to hear the stories. It was always the old crazies, or the near insane that spoke of Haven. A bastion of peace and prosperity in this otherwise bleak landscape. Story after story lead you to dead-ends, but the legend never seemed to dwindle. It only grew with intensity.

You've finally found it. Days spent out in the desert driving mindnumbingly boring stretches of unchanging sand had you thinking maybe you imagined it. Maybe the heat has finally been getting to you. Your supplies, and gas, are running a low. You are sure it has to be real though, this vision hasn't faded since you saw it. At night lights glow from it, during the day small stacks of smoke rise from it. There has to be others. There has to be a place free from all this. It's only about half-a-day's journey now. You could get there by midday. This close you can see today they have a particularly large set of smoke stacks floating up from the city. You hope it's a celebration. This hope has never been proven right.

[ GM: So where is everyone? I think we have two pick-up trucks. Who is driving and who is riding shotgun, or in the bed, of these trucks? Feel free to give us all a little flavor text of your character and how they perceive this situation. ]
Sep 10, 2015 6:53 am
Ssilas sticks his head out the window and feels the breeze against the scales of his face. The truck swerves a few times as he closes his eyes against the stinging sand and dust, but before it careens out of control he pulls his head back in and let's out a satisfied hissing sigh.
"It'll ssure be nice to sspend a day doing ssomething other than driving over these damned wasstess," he thinks to himself. "Maybe I would've been better off sstaying home at the cabin."
Ssilas shakes his head rigorously, rattling his scales and freeing a small cloud of dust. No use for such doubts now, not with Haven finally on the horizon.
Last edited September 11, 2015 11:04 pm
Sep 10, 2015 3:11 pm
Sterlin Toth slides across the back of the truck and bangs into the side of the box. Again. He doesn't wrap his knuckles on the truck cab this time, what good does it do? An angry hiss forces its way between his teeth. Bah, Ssilas drives like a madman but there isn't a path even to follow most times, leastways when I gandered my eyes forwards. Toth keeps his eyes on the way behind. The dust kicked up is worrisome, but occasionally he can pick out the other truck, at least when that truck isn't going neck and neck with Ssilas trying to get them all killed no doubt. He pulls his rugby helmet down low on his forehead and keeps his speargun somewhat ready.

Toth would spit in disgust, if his tongue wasn't so dry. Dry. Heh, never thought I'd complain about being dry. My smeggin gills are probably seized up for goods. Wouldn't mind me a swim in the ... bah, they'd have me divin for sewer nuggets soon as they see me. Smeggin breathers.

Something changing in the vehicles motion warns him, and he pears over the cab. Haven?
Sep 10, 2015 4:09 pm
Quath was a surpisingly good driver for being comprised of two rats holding the steering wheel, three working the manual pedals, at least four watching the road in different directions, and one perched in the center console that would occasionally scan through radio signals trying to catch whatever there was to offer.

One rat just stares at his companion.
Sep 10, 2015 6:09 pm
Garrthon stares back at the rat meanwhile double checking that none of his wires are hanging loose within reach of it. While somewhat expressionless it is still evident that he is a little unsure of Quath, albeit more out of a sense of intrigue than anything else.

"I am certainly glad I chose to ride up front with you Quath. Seeing Toth being tossed about like that in the back of Ssilas' truck I am sure I would have had quite a few more dents and scratches. I have enough of those already from fighting in the wars."
Sep 10, 2015 6:54 pm
Out of the corner of his eye, Ssilas thinks he sees a faint shadow of something far to the left of the caravan. He rubs his eyes, and does a double take, but now there is nothing but wasteland.
"Sssterlin, did you sssee that?"
Ssilas turns his head back to look in the bed of the truck, and it starts swerving off to the right as he does so.
Sep 10, 2015 7:19 pm
BUMP, BUMP, BUMP, "Smeg! Huz?" Toth pushes his helmet off his eyes. "I sees nothing." He then follows Ssilas' gaze, and peers to the left of the trucks, wondering.
Sep 10, 2015 7:26 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to blade1981m,themightykobold
After dismissing what you thought you had seen as another trick of the eye in this horrible desert you start to hear a sound you had hoped not to hear. All of you can hear it now. It's that ominous hum of drones. As your pick-up trucks barrel through the desert you see them in the distance behind you. Sterlin spots them first. Two mecha-nazi shock drones. Gaining quick. They must have skirted around and flanked your position.

Those damn Nazi drones. The Fourth Reich. If anything has caused more grief in the piecemeal world it was when Hitler and the Third Reich found themselves here. The only thing that was worse, then momentarily better, then far worse was the arrival of the dreadnaught Mecha-Hitler. He flashed into being just above Hitler, crushing him flat, but he turned out to be a far more ruthless enemy.

You thought you had finally escaped the reach of the Fourth Reich.
Sep 10, 2015 7:46 pm
Ssilas puts the truck in cruise control and props a metal rod he keeps handy into the steering wheel to (hopefully) hold it straight as he grabs his compound bow and a single arrow from where they sit on the passenger side seat. He leans out the window and takes aim at the lead drone, waiting for it to close the distance.
"I ssurely do hope you're a good sshot with that sspear, Ssterlin!"
Sep 10, 2015 8:17 pm
High shrill speech resonates inside whatever positronic mess Garrthon has in his head. "Weapons. Get. You Fight. We Drive."
Sep 10, 2015 8:28 pm
Sterlin, eyes wide in surprise, then narrow in concentration, prepares his speargun. "You maniac, hold it steady so Is can shoot." What haven of madness is this, nazi drones so close.
Sep 10, 2015 10:25 pm
Ssilas looses the arrow and let's out a hearty combination of hissing and raspy growling that almost passes for laughter.
He puts the bow back in easy reach on the passenger seat and returns focus to driving as steady as a wild and crazy Saurian can.

(Edit: I didn't properly format my roll, there should be a +3, 1 from DEX and 2 from proficiency)
Last edited September 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Rolls

Ranged Bow Attack - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 10, 2015 11:54 pm
Garrthon's hand shifts form into that of a small pistol. "I'm going to be much more effective with my hammer if you can get me up close." Garrthon then proceeds to lean out of the window taking aim with the pistol and fires as soon as a drone is within range.

Rolls

Ranged Pistol Shot + extra roll in case of advantage/disadvantage - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (12) + 2 = 14

1d20+2 : (11) + 2 = 13

Sep 11, 2015 12:32 am
Quath turns the truck to start on a flanking course with the mechs. It tries to steer as close to the mech for Garrthon to strike but far enough to strafe the mechs. It makes sure to use its blinkers to signal intention.
Last edited September 11, 2015 12:32 am
Sep 11, 2015 1:11 am
As the drones swoop in closer you can hear their positronic arian hyperdrives thumping in a steady rhythm as they each break off to follow a separate truck. The static that had been coming through the radio in Quarth's truck suddenly is overtaken by that damn nazi war song that seems to broadcast on every channel when those things get near.

As you hear the high pitched charge of the electro cannon charge up Ssilas looses the arrow and it connects with the drone.

Likewise the other drone following Quath's truck gets struck mid-swoop by the bullet from Garrthon.

[ GM: Roll damage for Ssilas' and Garrthon's damage, then everyone roll for initiative. Looks like we got ourselves a high speed chase. ]

Rolls

Drone Initiative - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Sep 11, 2015 1:44 am
Sterlin, seeing arrows and bullets whizzing, takes aim and prepares to fire.
Last edited September 11, 2015 1:45 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Sep 11, 2015 3:12 am
Ssilas lets out an excited whoop as he sees the arrow connect, and accelerates steadily, trying to provide a stable shot for Sterlin.
Last edited September 11, 2015 3:14 am

Rolls

Arrow damage - (1d12+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Sep 11, 2015 3:24 am
As the first arrow hits a drone it spins wildly and spirals towards the ground. As is custom with the mecha-nazi drones, in it's death spiral the on board speaker calls out "Heil Mecha-Hitler!" just before it hits the ground and is consumed in a ball of fire. Looking past the downed drone another pair of them is in the distance. Haven draws closer as do the drones.

[ GM: Two more drones are coming up and are in the same initiative group as the other drones. ]
Sep 11, 2015 4:53 am
The rats that make up Quath begin to loosen up. The largest of the rats, the size of bulldog, the one wearing the armor, that has been lying in the driver's seat sleeping up until now, stretches out its limbs then jumps back in the swarm. It is a few moments before it rises into view at the top of the everchurning scrum of rats. In its hand are the halberd and pistol and it weilds them fiercely, pushing the multidirectional navigation system down, assuming control of horde.

"We will come around them on your side. Be ready, machine."

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-1)

(8) - 1 = 7

Sep 11, 2015 2:14 pm
Garrthon prepares his hammer to strike the drone as they pass.

Rolls

Garrthon Initiative - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Bullet Damage - (2d6)

(26) = 8

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.