Jorune: general discussion

load previous
Jan 15, 2016 9:01 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
You might have to use some skills (Bargain?) or wiles to get on board, or try to arrange to work for passage, or stowaway, or borrow cash from others...
Ok, just wanted to make sure we didn't have a surplus of cash laying around somewhere!
Jan 22, 2016 10:03 pm
I know it's just a typo but my first reaction to
Naatkinson says:
Mario begins his climb up the mast
was a joke along the lines of "Usually it's customary to wait until after the corastin grabs Miniri, climbs to the top, and starts rolling barrels before you begin climbing" but maybe Jorune Kong never would have put Nintendo on the map.
Jan 22, 2016 10:20 pm
Wow, I'm bad lol! I will fix that. Damn autocorrect
Jan 23, 2016 7:16 am
Haha yeah I also wanted to make a Mario Bros. or Donkey Kong joke but came up empty. Good one, Spaceseeker! :-D
Jan 27, 2016 7:00 am
Sorry for the delay; I'm working on some more artwork to post and am composing a montage sequence so we don't have to play out all the details of operating the ship (keeping in mind foci, of course).
Jan 31, 2016 7:47 am
So, at this point I'm happy to continue the discussion in this evening when you spot Hentak and Elonpo aboard ship. But if you'd like now - or perhaps after we play out the rest of any conversation - we can go into a "shorthand" mode, where I will describe an overview of each day on the ship, and, each character may interject with two declared activities:
a) something you do publicly during the day (possibly using a focus or other skill, either as part of working on the crew or in a break). For example: "I go down into the galley and help prepare meals (using my Cooking skill)"
and
b) something you do when you're not on shift (surreptitious or otherwise private activity), if anything. For example: "I follow Renno on his rounds because I find him suspicious (using my Tailing skill)."
Jan 31, 2016 8:11 am
I vote the shorthand but am perfectly okay with either option. :-)
Jan 31, 2016 2:16 pm
Shorthand sounds good to me, too.
Jan 31, 2016 2:46 pm
I'm ok with the speedy way
Feb 2, 2016 8:18 am
The Crystal Ship. (soundtrack)
Last edited February 5, 2016 8:20 pm
Feb 5, 2016 5:20 pm
Both Gythaar and Marik have a contact - a non-party NPC known from before this trip other than Hentak and Elonpo - aboard the ship. Naatkinson and Jabes.plays.RPG, you can decide who that is for each character, or whether it's the same person. Contacts may provide information, assistance, or other resources depending on circumstances.

I like to incorporate your ideas and give you some freedom to create parts of the world, BUT if you'd rather not, I can make them myself. I don't want it to be a chore for you!
Naatkinson says:
When you say to come up with sketches of these people do you mean for me to create some NPCs?
Yes, that's what I was thinking: just a quick overview like name, race, a word or two about personality. I'll take it from there (but see my comment about the chore, above: tell me if you'd rather not, and I'll make the contacts).
Feb 6, 2016 3:36 am
Jatix, a woffen, an old crony of Gythaar's from his time in the militia. Personality: Secretive. A little paranoid. Loyal. Trustworthy.
Last edited February 6, 2016 3:37 am
Feb 6, 2016 4:27 am
It might take a couple if days before I can get to mine
Feb 8, 2016 3:16 am
New contacts:

1. Agnar, an old Muadra sailor. Grumpy, very knowledgeable in the tasks required to run a crystal ship. He's taken a bit of a liking to Marik.

2. Vex, a young human, A compulsive gambler who can charm anyone. He only works on the ships occasionally, and usually only until he has enough money to catch up on his gambling debts.

3. Targus, a bronth, he is very kind and is very good with handling the heavier cargo that the ship hauls. He has connections to the bronth anti-slavery movements.

Old Contact:
Elvar: Marik's ex-best friend. He is quite jealous of Marik's ability in harnessing Isho, though they do sometimes still help each other in the most dire of circumstances
Last edited February 8, 2016 3:16 am
Feb 8, 2016 6:55 am
Whoa, Elvar is on the ship, too?? That's really interesting!
Feb 8, 2016 12:14 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Whoa, Elvar is on the ship, too?? That's really interesting!
Yeah, I thought that might make things interesting!
Feb 19, 2016 2:26 am
Sorry, everyone, for the long delay. First there was prep for DunDraCon, then my daughter and I got very sick. I'm ramping up again now and don't want to keep you all waiting any longer.
Feb 19, 2016 5:58 am
It's all good, Spaceseeker! We're excited to continue but take as much time as you need to recover. :-)
Mar 8, 2016 7:01 pm
Qralloq says:

Miniri nods enthusiastically to Marik. She is a big supporter of plans that require doing little right away but accomplishing lots later on.
This got a big laugh from me. Thank you!

I love these characters.
Mar 18, 2016 7:49 pm
How far away from Marik is Elonpo?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.