Character Creation

Sep 16, 2015 6:27 am
Your character can be you, or anyone you'd like.

Give a basic physical description and name for the character, then think of a simple reason why your character would be Black Friday shopping at the mall in 2020 (particularly what one item they MUST obtain), and where in the mall they would be at the start of the game.

Everyone starts with 8 Bubblegum, and we'll go from there.

P.S. Just in case anyone somehow didn't quite realize, this entire game is channeling the Duke Nukem quote:
"I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum; and I'm all outta bubblegum."
Gameplay will be fast and furious, and anything goes. Feel free to be as silly or crazy as you want.
Sep 16, 2015 8:53 pm
Submitted my character Samantha "Sammy" Stern:

Samantha is a high school girl of 16. Fairly popular at school she is captain of her soccer team and an honor student. After finding her current boyfriend 2 months ago she knows she has found true love and there could be no other person for her in the world. She often writes her first name with his last name, Sosa, in her notebooks with a frilly pink pen. The name Sammy Sosa is all over her notebooks. Love like this is forever in her mind.

She has come to the mall today to get her BAE a new case for his iPhone. He wants the specific one that has the built in battery pack and doubles as a mug warmer. She starts in the food court, she needed her soy chai latte mocha espresso. She turns to see the massive line outside of the big electronics store in the mall. Game on.
Last edited September 16, 2015 8:55 pm
Sep 16, 2015 10:26 pm
Daisuke Nakagawa 中川大介

Daisuke is a nineteen year old international student from Japan studying in the States. He's about 5' 8", brown eyes, tan skin. His hair is styled pretty conservatively as far as Japanese kids tend to go. He is shopping this Black Friday because his douche-y friend Derek, the local American guy who wants to be cool with the Japanese kids told him that Black Friday shopping is super cheap. He's here to get his own PS5 to entertain him when he does not have homework to do. Welcome to 'Murica, Daisuke.
Sep 17, 2015 2:36 pm
Ben the Chef has had it with this shit. He is working through the holidays, same as he's done every damn year since forever, and he has had it with the rude, crap-for-brains crowds he's had to cook for day in and day out. Not only do you have to crank out tons of food for them to shovel all night into their stupid turkey holes, but when your shift ends hey're all over the streets getting piss-drunk and shit-faced. Ben has spent the night in the kitchen instead of slogging through the streets after the closing the restaurant for the night. Now he's getting ready for another day of slinging plates. He decides to make himself a vodka smoothie but the damn blender is on the fritz! The mall's right next door. He decides to head over there and get a new Blendtec. He takes a pack of smokes, his gum, puts on his coat and heads out.

Ben the Chef is asian (Fillipino), 5'9", a wizard with knives, and has had it with this shit.
Sep 17, 2015 4:01 pm
Gus Gus the Omnipotent is the screen name of Gustavo Martinez, a teenaged engineering prodigy and code cracker wanted by the government for cybercrime. He's 17, Dominican, a slightly weedy tall black kid with no fashion sense at all (he tends toward flashy colors when he's not wearing the hooded cape he uses as a costume for all of his YouTube videos). Currently he's got his Google glass running a live video feed from a micro drone he has tailing Vanessa, one of the FBI agents who've been investigating him, as she is eating in the food court. He loves to lead his pursuers on a merry chase, record them doing it, and then release personal details along with video of the agents online. He's got a backpack full of supplies and is weirding out the shoppers in Victoria's Secret, where he stands, considering what would be the best lingerie to buy for his pursuer. He can't wait to see the expression on her face when she receives the courier package and finds some tacky little number inside, which he will catch on video with the intent of posting it online. He will probably not release the video, though...he doesn't realize it, but he's developing a bit of a crush on Vanessa, and it's affecting his judgment. He's making some poor decisions around her and inadvertently letting her get closer to catching him than any agent has in the last four years. That he's in Victoria's Secret instead of Frederick's or Hot Topic should be a warning sign that he's thinking of getting something that she might (in his imagination) actually like, instead of the most tasteless thing...
Sep 17, 2015 6:09 pm
Alright, I think Gus Gus wins the best character award. That is too good.
Sep 17, 2015 7:38 pm
Hahaha I can tell this is going to be fun as hell! :-D
Sep 17, 2015 8:25 pm
I threw up a first post for the game, let's see what happens :)
Sep 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Just posted, also realized I had no avatar for the character so I added that too.
Sep 18, 2015 5:12 am
Ah, I'm already cracking up at this. This is great. Good GMing Starhelm.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.