The Game

load previous
Sep 23, 2015 5:38 am
GM: Alright Sammy, so that's going to be a failure, but I'll give you the chance to surrender a piece of bubblegum if you'd like to still succeed. What would you like to do?
Sep 23, 2015 12:41 pm
Ben carves two entire pigs and a side of beef every damb morning before most people have gotten out of bed to pee. He is STRONG! And he knows how to deal with moms, especially Ms. Porkchop here. He grabs her arm and bellows for everyone to hear, "FREE CUPCAKES! FREE CUPCAKES AT THE BAKING SECTION!!!"
Last edited September 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Rolls

Does that kick ass? - (1d10)

(6) = 6

Sep 25, 2015 11:26 am
Sammy, as you try to force your way through the crowd in a blind rage Gus Gus is lifted out of your hands and involuntarily crowdsurfs further away from the entrance of the line. You reach after him to try and maintain your grip but suddenly you are shoved from behind and your phone goes skittering out of your possession and under the feet of the manic shoppers.

Ben, as you call out your ruse the woman whose arm you are grabbing turns and gives you a snarl.
"Excuuuse me, asshole! Get your damn hand OFF ME!"
She grabs the BlendTec with her other hand (you can't help but admire that the packaging has such a convenient handle for transporting it) and whips it around with surprising power, clocking you right in the face. You fall back on your ass and by the time you stop seeing stars she's nowhere in sight, and there are no BlendTecs left either.

Gus Gus, as you are crowdsurfed away from Sammy, you get deposited roughly on the side of the line. As you find your footing and check to make sure you still have all your belongings, you look up to see Vanessa about a hundred feet away. She's walking towards you along with her partner. They must have regrouped when you lost sight with the drone. She makes eye contact with you and speaks into her cuff as she breaks into a run.

What do you do?
Sep 27, 2015 5:34 am
Seeing my phone skittering away I find myself on a Lacrosse field in my mind. There is no way Sammy loses. I start running and weaving between people and legs. I check a few people and make a breakaway for my phone before the mob busts it to pieces.

Rolls

Badass vs 7 bubblegum - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Sep 27, 2015 10:18 am
"DAMMIT!" With no blender Ben decides to get a drink straight up. He doesn't feel like going back to the kitchen just yet so he heads for the pub at the mall's top floor.

Rolls

mundane - scoring a Glenlivet - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Sep 27, 2015 5:59 pm
Gus looks sadly at his present for Vanessa.
*Oh, well...*
and tosses it aside. Maybe she'll find it in the aftermath, or maybe someone else named Vanessa will.

Then he pulls out his gas mask, dons it, and throws down a tear gas grenade to obscure sight and cause even more of a distraction (I'm spending a gum to guarantee success).

After that, he hunches down, miming gasping and covering his face from the poison like everyone else, and tosses his brightly-colored jacket over the railing. Underneath he wears nondescript clothes that should be hard to distinguish from everyone else in the smoke. (1st roll)

I think the roll would be mundane, but it's your call; I'm just rolling the die.

Having spent a gum, I'm down to 7 gum.
Last edited September 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Rolls

1st roll - (1d10)

(1) = 1

Sep 28, 2015 5:47 am
GM: An equal roll goes to the player, so Sammy succeeds on her kick ass roll.
Sammy, you are water and you flow through the other people in the crowd effortlessly. A few people, dressed in the colors of your school's hated rivals the "Crosstown Cougars", get in your way and they snarl as they try to block you but you lash out with mighty kicks, punches, and elbows and they practically melt before you. You powerslide through the legs of an overweight woman strangling another woman over a set of wind chimes, and scoop up your phone as you spin and strike a victorious pose at the edge of the balcony on the fringe of the crowd. As you turn and look back in your wake, the lacrosse field fades and you see a swath of broken and bruised bodies, and a few shoppers looking at you in horror. Most continue with their crazed deal hunting, unphased.
Sep 28, 2015 5:55 am
Ben, you find that there's actually a crazy Black Friday deal on Glenvilet going on, with a large blackboard sign displaying that shots are 2 for $1.
Also, the pub is startlingly calm and other than you there's only one other patron in the place.
You're not sure what gender they are, but they're sitting at the bar in a trenchcoat that straddles the creepy/badass line.
Sep 28, 2015 6:01 am
Gus Gus, you see that your jacket flutters down to the second floor and lands on a dude-bro who does a fist pump and immediately puts it on. In the confusion and chaos you see Vanessa and the young man run out of the cloud towards the railing choking and coughing, where the see the dude-bro strolling away in your coat into a crowd on the second floor and run off towards the escalator, talking frantically into their cuffs. It's seems you're in the clear, at least for the moment. You look over past the chaos that you caused and see a pile of badly beaten shoppers scattered about, and that girl Sammy who had been talking to you in line standing near the railing and holding up her cellphone in a pose reminiscent of some sort of pulp fantasy comic book cover.
Sep 28, 2015 6:20 am
With my phone intact I decide to confront Brensen. I call him up on my cell ready to give him an earful. We will see if he will actually be getting his iPhone case/mug warmer.

Rolls

Mundane vs 7 bubblegum - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Sep 28, 2015 6:23 am
"THAT'S IT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS SHIT!!!" Ben vaults over the bar and grabs two bottles of Glenlivet. He sticks one in the pocket of his jacket and hurls the other one into the wall of booze bottles. Then he takes out his matchbook, strikes one, and tosses it into the mess. He lights a cig and takes a swig from his bottle as he walks away from the flaming pub.
OOC: I don't know how many ass-kicking rolls you want for that. Here's one for starters. Spending bubblegum for auto-success. I believe that brings Ben down to 6 Bubblegum.
Last edited September 29, 2015 5:47 am

Rolls

Ass-kicking roll. - (1d10)

(3) = 3

Sep 29, 2015 3:53 am
Daisuke understanding his question perfectly folds his arms indignantly. "Japan actually. Are you from the Wild West or something?" he asks mustering his English as best as he can to have some form of snappy comeback. It might be rude but this man here was truly the type of American that was the stuff of legend. He points at the PS5, "I'm planning on buying it."
Sep 29, 2015 5:35 am
Gus takes this opportunity to retreat to a higher vantage point before mall security arrives to help with the tear gas victims. As soon as he's clear, he doffs the mask and puts it back in his bag. Then he ascends the escalators to the top level (5th floor?) and will stand at the railing looking down over the atrium as he monitors what his drone is recording.

Oops. That's six gum now.
Last edited September 29, 2015 5:36 am

Rolls

Mundane (riding the escalator) vs 7 gum - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Sep 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Sammy, as you tell Siri call Bae and the phone is ringing, you hear Brensen finally pick up.
He begins to say something, but before he can get out more than a "Hey-" his voice is cut off and when you look at your phone you realize the battery has died, but your doubts are very much alive.
Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm
"Aggghhhhhhh!!!", I scream as I can just hear the end to his sentence. It was probably something like, "Hey, I've totes been cheating with some skanky ho". Flames consume my eyes and I crush my phone to bits with one hand. As I rage I remember. Sammy doesn't lose to anyone. I'll show him there is no one better than me. Forget the phone case. I need lingerie. That guy. Gino or whatever. He had some. I must find it.
Last edited September 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Rolls

Badass phone crush vs 6 bubblegum - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Sep 30, 2015 12:41 pm
GM: Ben, I'm not sure exactly what triggered your reaction (lol), but 1 successful roll would have sufficed or the sacrifice of 1 piece of bubblegum. No need for both if you're going to spend BG anyways so we'll just disregard the roll for now.

Ben, as you walk away from the flaming pub you hear a crash of shattering glass and see in your peripheral vision that the figure in the trench coat has just leapt through the plate glass display, and landed seemingly unharmed in a crouching position. As he straightens up and fixes the positioning of the coat, you swear you catch a glimpse of a metallic sheen underneath. He's far enough away that you can't quite make out his face, but he yells over the fleeing bystanders to you.
"Now that was simply uncalled for, Benjamin. But I forgive you. It's been a stressful day."
As you turn to see him more fully he fades into a mob of people and disappears, and a few blinks later you see no trace of his ever having been there at all.
Sep 30, 2015 12:46 pm
Gus Gus, as you go to step off the escalator your shoelace gets caught in the track and is now being pulled into it! You trip and fall flat on your face, and as you try to get back up you realize your foot is stuck.
Your gas mask tumbled out of your bag when you fell, and you can't quite reach it from where you are. A bystander sees it and begins screaming, "TERRORISTS!!! AHHHHHH!!!"
Sep 30, 2015 12:52 pm
Sammy, as the fragments of your phone fall to the ground, the people around you who weren't already freaking out over the beatings you'd delivered begin running from you in sheer terror. You scan the area for Gino and you catch a glimpse of his bright jacket in the crowd on the floor below you, then he goes down as he gets roughly tackled by multiple people in suits.
Sep 30, 2015 3:54 pm
Ah, this is the stuff.
Sep 30, 2015 3:58 pm
Gus Gus pulls off his shoe and leaves it, stuck in the escalator and preventing it from moving, which strands everyone below him. He kicks the gas mask off the landing into the atrium below and adds his scream to the noise: "EEEEK! TERRORISTS! WITH GAS MASKS!!! WHAT ARE THEY DOING DOWN THERE???"

...or not...
Last edited September 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Rolls

Mundane: step out of shoe and kick mask (vs 6) - (1d10)

(10) = 10

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.