[Interest Check] Werewolf the Apocalypse 20th

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 26, 2018 5:48 am
I've barely started my next new pbp game, and it makes me think of all the other cool games I have that I don't get to play. "What's the harm in asking, taking the temperature of the waters, so to speak?" I asked myself. "Probably no harm," I answered.

Oh, no, I'm talking to myself.

So, I'll ask you, instead, going forward. Who'd be interested in a game of Werewolf 20th? I don't have a pitch in mind or anything like that. Just trying to see how many fans with room in their pbp game queue there are.
Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm
It's been a while since I've played some Werewolf, but now I'm interested. I should have the time to post fairly freely (I have the advantage of posting from work during the day), so if we get enough people, I would be down to play.
Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm
OOC:
Mumbles something, monitors thread guiltily
Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm
Qralloq says:
OOC:
Mumbles something, monitors thread guiltily
I love Werewolf. It takes the World of Darkness feel but adds in these amazing spiritual and philosophical elements (Wild, Weaver, Wyrm; the Intereggnum; etc.) and then gives you superhero level physical badassery with a sloppy coat of magical tricks.

I recall our pack jumping out of a small airplane, freefalling a thousand feet, then crashing through the top of a telecom building to fight a Wyrm infestation.
Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm
Played once where I used Might of Thor, a fetish, and Hare's leap (and some loose interpretation), with my back braced against a building, to kick a shipping container through a First Team. There was a boot left. I want to say that my effective strength was something ridiculous (high 40's, low 50s maybe?) for that roll. Ah, good times.
OOC:
Now I want to know, so let's napkin math things.
5 base STR, plus 4 for Crinos, I think the fetish was a 3 boost for a scene (or there was a totem helping? it's been a few years). 12 so far. 24 with Might of Thor, and Hare's Leap was allowed to apply for the purpose of that ill fated kick, so 48. Yeah, that game got sillier than normal...
Last edited November 26, 2018 6:42 pm
Nov 26, 2018 9:49 pm
.....yes. I can't quit you World of Darkness
Nov 28, 2018 3:43 am
Wow, well, that's 5 people interested! That's great. Now I'll have to run a game of it...
Nov 28, 2018 4:20 pm
What's the term, blessed pack? When there is one of each auspice?
Nov 28, 2018 10:43 pm
Sounds good!

I've never run a game in the NW of the U.S. Does that sound like fun? Then, I can have a Rokea NPC. :D
Nov 28, 2018 10:50 pm
Interesting for sure. Gurahl could be out there as well. Grew up in Oregon, and it's always fun to have a game that takes place in familiar (ish, it's been a decade) locations.
Nov 28, 2018 11:02 pm
Sounds like fun to me! (I would normally go Seattle, but I also like Shadowrun a lot :) )
Nov 28, 2018 11:48 pm
Everybody loves Seattle. That's Russell Wilson country!
Nov 29, 2018 12:07 am
I was also thinking Seattle, but because that's the first city that pops into mind. Because of Shadowrun.
Nov 29, 2018 12:10 am
Well, that's appropriate... All Glasswalker party, Shadowrun fuzzy edition?
Nov 29, 2018 12:28 am
Nah, I don't want an all GW game. There's too much good stuff from other tribes that we'd miss out on.
Nov 29, 2018 12:34 am
Fair enough. Was mostly joking. Mostly. Was thinking of rolling Get, but that can all wait until there's a game to collaborate on *wink**wink**nudge**nudge*
Nov 29, 2018 2:52 am
I'm a big Uktena fan, so that would be my first choice if we didn't do some kind of one-schtick pack
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.