ICRPG?

Nov 28, 2018 8:08 am
Anyone interested in trying this one out? I'm willing to GM and be flex on the setting
Nov 28, 2018 9:21 am
Never played but sounds fun from reading the free starter PDF. So sure.
Nov 28, 2018 6:05 pm
Awesome! What kind of world do we want to build?
Nov 28, 2018 6:55 pm
I'm interested. *raises hand*
Nov 28, 2018 6:59 pm
I'd give it a whirl! I love trying new stuff.
Nov 28, 2018 7:37 pm
Awesome! You can pick up the QuickStart from DriveThru RPG for free. It's basically a d20 system, but with some clever tweaks and a lot of flexibility. Our first goal is to figure out the world we want to be in. I'd like to create it together. Does anyone have any preferences of genre?
Nov 28, 2018 8:09 pm
I'm new to the system too, but I'd be down to give it a try!
Nov 28, 2018 8:21 pm
As to world building, I'm open to anything, but I'll start the conversation by proposing a Magic School.
Nov 28, 2018 8:29 pm
Nice, tell me a little bit about the school. Is it divided into schools by the arts, by houses ala Harry Potter, or is it organized another way? Does anyone want to weigh in on the world we're in? Maybe our school is under threat because it opposes the dominant cultural paradigm, or we have a mortal enemy, or we are the ones trying to rebuild after a cataclysm....
Nov 28, 2018 8:33 pm
How about a steam punk/Victorian setting, and the magic school is a training/recruiting facility for agents who protect the Earth from Shadow Earth, a demonic parallel universe.
Nov 28, 2018 8:35 pm
Possible storylines:
1. The new school administration is corrupt and is slowly committing more and more unethical acts which are unknown to the general public
2. The unknowing, non-magical public has discovered the existence of the school
3. The school has become cursed and the students/faculty are beginning to disappear under mysterious circumstances
Nov 28, 2018 8:49 pm
I like the idea of the school pumping out agents to do a serious task protecting others as Qralloq mentioned. There might be people joining to do the right thing and a few renegades just to seek thrills, but all of them know that after training things get real. Also the steampunk thing with magic sounds awesome.
Nov 28, 2018 8:49 pm
I like it! We're in a Victorian/Steam Punk world, where the public is largely unaware of the fact that there is a Shadow Earth slowly encroaching on us. Our agents, and students - the future agents - are the last line of defense. Meanwhile, strange happenings are occurring at the school that may indicate that the administration has been compromised, but only a few students seem to be awaking to that fact. Does that work?
Nov 28, 2018 8:50 pm
I got the feeling that the possible conflict with this "shadow earth" is ongoing, always looming for the students.
Nov 28, 2018 8:51 pm
Yes that sounds really good!
Nov 28, 2018 8:55 pm
Oh my gods, that sounds awesome.
Nov 28, 2018 8:58 pm
Whoohoo! What's the name of our school, and where is it located? Who's the headmistress/master?
Nov 28, 2018 9:05 pm
Is it a "league" or an "academy"...?
Nov 28, 2018 9:07 pm
Oh, an academy definitely. The Eton of magical schools ;)
Nov 28, 2018 9:08 pm
well perhaps "The Academy" then? Mysterious or just boring?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.