[Interest Check] Torg Eternity

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 6, 2018 11:41 pm
THE INVASION OF EARTH TOLD IN PREVIOUS TALES OF TORG TOOK PLACE ON ONE VERSION OF OUR WORLD

THE HIGH LORDS THERE WERE SUCCESSFUL FOR MANY YEARS, BUT WERE EVENTUALLY STOPPED BY THE PLANET’S VALIANT STORM KNIGHTS

BUT THERE ARE INFINITE VERSIONS OF OUR WORLD

THIS IS A TALE OF A DIFFERENT EARTH

ONE WHERE THINGS DID NOT GO AS WELL.

The "High Lords," cruel tyrants from other realities have joined together to conquer Earth and steal its living energy: its Possibilities! Where they invade the world changes, forming realms governed by the rules of alien realities.

But Earth is not defenseless against this onslaught. Some heroes absorb the raw Possibility Energy the High Lords covet and become "Storm Knights" — beings who can bend reality to their will. They use magic, technology, miracles, and even super powers against the High Lords and their endless minions.

The Delphi Council needs you, Storm Knight, to protect our reality and fight back against the High Lords!
Checking interest to see if anyone might want to do some adventuring in the aftermath of the invaded earth...... :)
Dec 21, 2018 5:24 pm
I’m actually disappointed no one is interested in this. :(

If it helps, the online reference for game rules is here: Torg Eternity game reference
And a wiki for the game is here: Torg Eternity Wiki

Anyone? :)
Dec 21, 2018 5:29 pm
I wouldn't be too upset to not get much this time of year. New systems tend to take a little while to pick up steam and this time of year is notoriously slow anyway. I'd wait until the new year and try again. You might have better luck then :)
Dec 21, 2018 7:10 pm
And since I'm not one of those people who slow down this time of year I will take the time to read the rules and other resources you've provided. The system is new to me and you don't really need a rank newbie to start with even though I've been playing RPGs for 41 years.
Last edited December 21, 2018 7:51 pm
Dec 21, 2018 7:38 pm
Aldrusian says:
And since not one of those people who slow down this time of year I will take the time to read the rules and other resources you've provided. The system is new to me and you don't really need a rank newbie to start with even though I've been playing RPGs for 41 years.
(been playing Longer than I have, impressive. :) AD&D when it first came out was my intro. :) )

Well, given the system has really only been out a year or so (With a couple of successful Kickstarters for Cosm expansions), I think everyone would be a newbie for the most part, including me. :)

Although, I did (and do) have the original version from back in the 90’s. This is a big improvement IMO.

The one thing I’m not sure of best way to handle is the card decks the game uses. :) I have an excel sheet to simulate the draws/hands for the players, and would probably use that and provide the card info directly in thread/posts.
Last edited December 21, 2018 7:40 pm
Dec 21, 2018 7:40 pm
You can set up standard decks within a game, unless it uses some sort of alternate cards
Dec 21, 2018 7:51 pm
Naatkinson says:
You can set up standard decks within a game, unless it uses some sort of alternate cards
It actually uses two decks, one for initiative/round events (Drama Deck) and another that players use the cards from to modify their actions, give bonuses, etc (Destiny Deck)

The cards of both are numbered and named, so list randomizes, etc can be used to set up the deck from the shuffle...
Dec 24, 2018 6:14 pm
And, in case it helps I found a good summary of the ‘feel’ for the game. :)
What is Torg?

Imagine a role-playing game with an adventuring party consisting of John McClane, Harry Potter, Van Helsing, Captain America, Lara Croft, and Jackie Chan. One week they travel to New York to race against Belloq to find treasures in Land of the Lost. The next week they go to Cairo to fight ninjas in the world of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The following week they go to France and fight the Spanish Inquisition in The Matrix. And all three of those settings are in the same world. That's Torg.
Dec 24, 2018 8:29 pm
A friend of mine ran a long successful campaign of Torg and I often wished I could have been involved in it.

I'm in a lot of games and hesitate to commit to too many more, but this last summary sounds exactly how I like games to go. I likely couldn't do a solid reading of the ruleset until early in the new year, so if you're still looking for people then, consider me in.
Dec 24, 2018 11:16 pm
I’d probably be looking at middle of January before getting stuff really together.

That will give a chance for the latest KS to deliver a few things, and will give me a chance for those interested to talk over what kind of a game they might want. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.