Rohit's Giving Tuesday (12/11/18)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 11, 2018 4:23 am
Last week's donation went to the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You're welcome to give as well!
For a bit now, in part thanks to the fact that I have a good job and savings, and in part because my immigration situation penalizes me for doing well, I've found myself donating to a bunch of causes, from charities to "go fund me" kinda things. I have money to spare, and there are people out there who deserve it or need it. So with Giving Tuesday having just ended, I decided I'm gonna do this consistently.

Every Monday evening (that I remember), I'm going to put up a thread like this, and take suggestions for charities, organizations, creators, background folks who go unrecognized, people in need, etc, and Tuesday evening, I'll donate $25 to them.

Guidelines:
- They need to have some means of me getting them money in a secure fashion, be it a direct donation link, a donation service (Patreon or the like), etc. I won't mail checks, I won't hand off cash.
- I won't do Kickstarters unless that Kickstarter is for a cause. This means I don't support a KS for a product, but if there's a KS for someone trying to build solar farms for rural villages in third world countries, I'll consider it.
- It has to be something I can personally support. It is my money after all, I'm just looking to find more places to put it. If the organization has a goal or a process I don't agree with, I won't donate to them.
- I will do research on the entity as much as possible, including checking if they have records of finances and how they're spent. For example, I'm not giving money to a charity where a significant portion of it goes to overhead.

I'll donate to a different entity each week, unless we really run low on options, in which case I'll double up. You can submit yourself for the donation; if you're doing something that deserves recognition, this is your chance to ask for it.

To submit, give me the entity's:
- Name
- Link to content
- Where I can donate
- Why you think they deserve a donation
- If you'd like to be credited for the donation

If you don't feel like making the entry publicly, you're welcome to email me at contact@gamersplane.com and put "Giving Tuesday (12/4/18)" in the subject.

If you posted someone to donate to last week and want to submit them again, you can link to the post you made last week if you don't want to copy/paste the suggestion.

This is entirely a personal undertaking, in no way connected to Gamers' Plane. I may choose to end it or modify it at any time, without notice. Please don't give me reason to?
Dec 12, 2018 4:12 am
That's awesome. Can't really go wrong with Make a Wish

You do not have permission to post in this thread.