1.1 The Singing Sword

Sep 26, 2015 9:46 pm
The brave group of eight orphans arrive at The Market. The Market is only a short walk from the orphanage, and this early in the morning it is bustling with activity. The barrows are loaded with fruit and vegetables, and the barrow boys are yelling their prices in competition for sales. This is a popular time for most customers, because the products are fresh and plentiful.

You arrive at The Market from the south, and you know the Singing Sword is at the eastern end of the area known as The Market. With all the hustle, passing through the crowd as a group of eight, it may be difficult to stick together.

Ooc: roll perception, describe your actions.
Sep 26, 2015 9:52 pm
Seneia starts making her way through the crowd with the ease of someone who has grown weaving through large groups of people. She instinctively places her hand on her bag to protect her few belongings.

"Slink can be very elusive if he wants to", she says. "It might be a good idea for couple of us to cover the backdoor of the tavern, in case he thinks the questioning becomes too intense. Anyone want to volunteer?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Sep 26, 2015 9:58 pm
Picking his way through the crowd Szent tries to keep up with Seneia. "I'd gladly cover the back entrance, but I would need to know who it is I'm looking for. I have no idea what this Slink looks like."

Rolls

Perception [+1] - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Sep 26, 2015 10:39 pm
"I hate this place." said Feyline tring to keep the pace with the others, moving through the crowd. She saw Seneia cover her belongings and so she did the same.

"He's an Halfling Szent and he owes me some coppers too" she answered before describing Slink as far as she could remember.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Sep 26, 2015 10:43 pm
Speaking to Seneia and the others:
"Seneia, how about you point Slink out to the girls, and I'll take Szent - and Rufio? - around back to watch out for him there?"

Weylan is impressed at both Feylinde's attention to detail and her way with words.
*That was a perfect way to describe him - I would never have thought to put it that way. She's so good with words!*
Last edited September 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Sep 26, 2015 11:34 pm
Confident that he could identify Slink after Feylinde's description of the rogue Szent gives Weylan a slight nudge - "Sounds like a fine plan."
Sep 26, 2015 11:44 pm
Elden listens to the conversation and keeps his eyes peeled for anyone matching Slink's description, "I do believe I will go around the back as well, I'm not gonna be any help speaking to Slink," he says to the party.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Sep 27, 2015 12:29 am
I greet everyone I pass with a "Good day to you!" and casually make my way towards the Singing Sword. I look around to see if I recognize anyone along the way with whom I could chat. Perhaps Slink wasn't the only one who saw something?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Sep 27, 2015 1:32 am
http://www.buzzland.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/enhanced-20751-1419016485-15-366x492.jpg

Rufio swaggers down the street. The docks are his turf but even here (and all the seediest parts of this city) he is known by reputation. It's hard to miss someone with his distinctive hair after all. He and Weylan lead the group covering the back, Rufio chuckling to himself at Szent and Elden who stick out like sore thumbs in this part of town. The young street tough keeps a sharp lookout for trouble.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Sep 27, 2015 3:59 am
The orphanage is rather aptly located on a street called Warriors Way, running north to south through Castle Ward. Roland specifically chose the location because he considered himself to be a divine warrior, and he hoped the orphanage would follow that trend. Warriors Way crosses Bazaar Street before opening directly into the Market to the north.

You are now weaving in single file to the east around the southern perimeter of the Market as it is slightly less congested with less obstructions. Your marching order is Seneia, Szent, Feylinde, Weylan, Eiden, Alanya, Rufio and Samej. Much of the conversation is difficult while walking along, and some of the strategy is lost as only those immediately adjacent to you can hear you.

Merlin sent a note to Moofsalot,Naatkinson
Sep 27, 2015 5:37 am
Elden will attempt to alert the others to the sounds he heard (noise, shouts, in a nearby alley) and will head in that direction, trying to move as quietly as possible.

Ooc: Oh sweet Lathander those are some good rolls!
Last edited September 27, 2015 5:38 am

Rolls

Stealth [disadvantage] - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (19) = 19

1d20 : (19) = 19

Perception - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Sep 27, 2015 9:04 am
Walking in front of the line, Seneia has little chance of hearing Elden's alert. She keeps making her way towards the Singing Sword.
Sep 27, 2015 9:45 am
Rufio follows Elden towards the commotion. He makes no attempt at stealth.
Last edited September 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Sep 27, 2015 9:50 am
Feylinde, unaware of what's happening behind her, continues to follow Szent's back.
Sep 27, 2015 11:46 am
Seneia roll perception, disadvantage
Szent roll perception
Weylan roll perception with advantage
To see if you hear Elden's alert.

I need all players to post actions.
Sep 27, 2015 12:22 pm
I see Elden and Rufio head towards the commotion to my right. I wait til I see Samej and grab his arm, pointing him in the direction of the alleyway. I try to signal to him to stay quiet and keep his ears open as I lead him in that direction, following behind the other two.
Sep 27, 2015 12:34 pm
Seneia continues making her way through the crowd, towards The Singing Sword. Focused on the task at hand, distracted by the noise of the Market.
Last edited September 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Rolls

Perception (disadvantage) - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Perception (disadvantage) - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Sep 27, 2015 12:49 pm
(Ooc: as a general comment to everyone, when I ask for a die roll please allow me to determine the outcome. As DM only I know the DC, and as many actions are simultaneous if no initiative has been rolled, then I should have the prerogative to interpret the outcome of the round. This is particularly important in play by post)
Sep 27, 2015 2:33 pm
OOC: I think evryone is refering to your previous description Merlin, in particular when you wrote:
Quote:
"... Your marching order is Seneia, Szent, Feylinde, Weylan, Eiden, Alanya, Rufio and Samej. Much of the conversation is difficult while walking along, and some of the strategy is lost as only those immediately adjacent to you can hear you."
Sep 27, 2015 3:10 pm
Weylan, busy admiring Feylinde's facility with words, continues following her through the crowd and may or may not hear what Elden is saying...

(OOC: That's a 14 and a 10)
Last edited September 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Rolls

Perception to hear Elden (with ADV) - (2d20+5)

(95) + 5 = 19

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.