Cypher System: Gods of the Fall

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 16, 2019 1:00 am
Forty-two years ago, the home of the Gods, Elanehtar, came crashing down to the surface, plunging the world into madness. Those cities not destroyed by the fall of Elanehtar broke out into riots. The world has calmed somewhat, but where the world was once full of light and possibility, it is now dark and dangerous.

When the gods fell, Nod materialized in the sky above what is now called the Nightland, throwing the area into a state of permanent night. The dragon* Nulumriel has claimed the Nightland as her own empire and has created the Order of Reconciliation to cement her rule. With the Reconciliators crushing out all remnants of worship for the old gods and hunting down anyone who shows signs of rising divinity, Nulumriel is all but unstoppable.

The players begin their journey in Corso, seat of Nulumriel's power. Corso is a cesspool; anything is legal as long as you have the coin to pay off the city watch. Murder, slavery, and torture are three common fates for those without the means to protect themselves. Faced with the reality of their awakened divinity, the players face a tough choice: Hide their divinity and try to live their lives in relative safety and anonymity or[ embrace it, face inevitable hardship and tragedy, and attempt to ascend to Godhood to pull the world from the depths of darkness.

What kind of Gods will you be?

*Dragon: Powerful sorcerer, not a classical dragon

Looking for 3-4 more dedicated players. This will be using the Gods of the Fall book, which is a supplement to the Cypher System.

Keep in mind that I want a generally good party. Characters should have an interest in improving the world. Having a fairly haunted past would be the expectation, based on where the game starts, but isn't absolutely required. You could come from a privileged background as well.

Game Link
Feb 17, 2019 3:28 pm
This is worth a try ! Last time I played a god in a game was in Rifts, and I got trashed in the first session lol

Len

Feb 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Vagabond O.C.C. ftw!
Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm
I’d love to give this a try.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.