Character Selection/Creation

Oct 9, 2015 3:43 pm
Hey Gang,
So here is what I need from you all,
1) I need you to each make a post in this thread. Please include character name, class: Archetype ,and as much/little backstory as possible (as you like), I understand it will be vague at the moment. The thread will help fill in the blanks and tie your character to the setting.

2) I need you to come up with a list of five things that you would like to have happen to your character. This can be an event of some sort, or your character acquiring an item, or just about anything that you can think of. This helps me create side missions and story elements for your characters in this setting.

For those of you wanting to play something out of the 'normal' let me know and we can work that out.

EDIT: Also please follow DMKiado's example. lets keep this to ONE POST per character. You can always edit and add more information. This will help us keep track of background info for everyone as this will be semi important for me too!
Oct 9, 2015 6:57 pm
(I will maintain and edit this thread with Character information.)
Name: Wenric Wayfoot
Race: Lightfoot Halfling (Male)
Class: Sorcerer
Level: 1

Appearance:
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/dmkiado/Wenric_zps9drh4uv2.jpg
Wenric is a 20 year old male Halfling. He is handsome for a Halfling and isn't as heavy set as other Halflings. With brown hair, and hazel eyes flecked with Gold. He keeps under his cloak with the hood up most of the time. He is very friendly and talkative to his friends and others though. He has a love for life that all Halflings have despite his dark past, and urchin life.

Background:
Wenric started his life in the Shire, with his parents and the other Shirefolk. To Wenric life was good, his mother had no more children so he was well loved by his mother. He doesn't remember much of his father. He seemed to always be gone. Then one day a few weeks after his 6th year of life, his parents said they had to leave the Shire. They didn't tell Wenric why, but he remembers a lot of the Shire watched them leave, and they were all angry and no one said goodbye to them. He figured by some of the words spoken that his father did something, something that wasn't said, but the reason they were leaving their Shire.

Wenric still remembers the little wagon they left on. How his mother helped him fall asleep in the bouncing wagon and on the nights when the sounds of the wilderness would keep him awake. It was one such night that now haunts his dreams. He awoke to screaming, the screaming of his mother. He looked out of the wagon to see his father laying on the ground with a large spear through his chest, pinning him to the ground with a vicious looking fiend with a grey skull emblem (which he now knows are Orcs) staring wild eyed in he and his mothers direction. His father only stared at the sky as the Orc removed the spear from him. Another Orc stepped from behind the one that had just impaled his father and started heading towards his mother. Wenric went to jump down and protect his mother, but was grabbed just then by another Orc that had come around the back of the wagon. They probably weren't expecting such easy targets. Wenric doesn't remember much beyond this point. He was punched visciously when he wouldnt stop screaming for his mother and darkness swept over him.

Wenric awoke in a clearing. A human man, radiant and beautiful stood above him. Golden hair, and liquid gold eyes started down at the boy. The mans skin nearly shined gold in the morning sun. Swinging his head left, Wenric could see the Orcs, or what looked to be left of them, burnt and charred in a pile to the side. Swinging his head right, he could see two constructed wood piles, with the bodies of his parents laying on them. Tears began to well in his eyes as he turned back straight. The man spoke then, with a voice like a fine bard, "I am sorry little one, your kin have moved on to the next life, but I will see them respectfully sent on their next journey." The man moved his hand to this forehead, and warmth and power coursed through Wenric. "You must heal little one, you were near death before I saved you." That is the last he remembers of the man, as a bright light filled his vision, and the next he awoke he was alone in the clearing. Ashes were all that remained, and his mother's necklace that now hung around his neck.

Wenric walked to the nearest city and lived much of his young life on the streets, an Urchin, having to steal his food, hide in dark alleys, and scrape by from handouts. He learned how to survive, and survive well. He could find work taking messages around the city due to his small size and sneaky nature.

Things started to change as he got older though. Sometimes things would happen that he couldn't explain. Fire erupting out of thin air when he thought about it. Specks of gold seemed to start growing into his skin as he came into "manhood". Luckily his parents had taught him how to read. Most thought he couldn't which helped him get the messenger gigs, but that only added more informaton for him to sell at times. That became less of his interest though, as he sought to find out what is going on with him. He read many books on arcana and magic lore and to his astonishment started to realize he has the ability to do some of things these books described as magic. Now after four years, he has honed his skills far better. With a little bit saved up, Wenric is ready for new adventures now. To find the man he is starting to resemble from all those years ago that saved him. He feels he might know more about what is happening to him, but has never seen them man again since that distant memory, but a man and face he cannot forget. Knowing that those that don't want to be found, rarely are, his Halfling nature is kicking in and patience is on his side when it comes to finding the golden man.
Last edited October 19, 2015 9:19 pm
Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d8/fb/0c/d8fb0c471f9d20cbd20e7a1966b2f8e9.jpg
Luc Etienne d’Yves-Boudreaux (Ok, that was the most pretentious name I could come up with)
Half-Elf Swashbuckler (who thinks he's a bard)
Entertainer (singer) background.

Luc is a guy who is convinced he's a bard, but he doesn't actually have the Talent. Not only do his songs suck, but there's no magic in them. Mechanically he's a rogue (swashbuckler). With an actual bard in the party it gets even funnier because someone would actually be buffing the party and half the time my guy would think it was his doing. He loves to sing while he’s buckling swashes with his rapier and scimitar.

Trait: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Ideal: Beauty. When I perform, I make the world better than it was.
Bond: I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person’s.
Flaw: I'm always in debt. I spend my ill-gotten gains on decadent luxuries faster than I bring them in.

Five things for this character: Coming soon

Swashbuckler Rogueish Archetype from Unearthed Arcana Waterborne Adventures.
Last edited October 19, 2015 7:21 pm
Oct 11, 2015 5:30 pm
Thurbrek Amberale

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23420524/1394769541841.jpg

Hill Dwarf Bard
Brewer's Guild Artisan

Thurbrek Amberale was born with a deformed foot, and, after much difficulty learned to walk without a cane, but still suffers a pronounced limp. He was mocked as an adolescent dwarf for not being a capable fighter, so he learned how to tell good stories and make good ale. Once he became a good brewer, he opened a tavern, which quickly became very popular in his small-ish dwarven town, as much for his ability to make others laugh and feel things deeply through words as the quality of the fare.

Thurbrek has become almost obsessed with his brewing, to the point where he simply handed the deed of his tavern over to his cousin (on the condition that he could drink for free any time he visits) in order to leave on a quest to brew the perfect ale.

Personality Trait: I like to talk at length about my profession.
Ideal: I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.
Bond: I want to prove my worth to my clan through my work.
Flaw: I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by rivals.

5 things Thurbrek wants to see happen:
1. create the perfect brew
2. overcome his insecurities about being a "good dwarf"
3. join a Bard's college
4. after creating the perfect beer, open a new tavern in a metropolitan city
5. obtain a nobleperson patron (for either storytelling or beer-making
Last edited October 19, 2015 6:17 pm
Oct 12, 2015 2:34 pm
"Hungry" Hao Klek

Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Background: Sailor (Pirate Variant)

Ability Scores:
Str: 17
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 11
Wis: 13
Cha: 15

Personality Trait:To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city
Ideal:Freedom: The sea is freedom-the freedom to go anywhere and do anything
Bond:I'll always remember my first ship
Flaw:Once I start drinking, its hard for me to stop

"Hungy" Hao is a former slave turned pirate. He was sold into slavery at a young age. Over the years, he became fed up with his bondage to a cruel master. In the end, he burned down his master's manor house with him inside. After that he found a berth aboard the Ravens Flight under Captain Flint, not realizing until they were out to sea that Flint and company were a crew of pirates.

Hao found he enjoyed the pirate life, respected the code and the freedom offered by the sea. However, during his last shore leave, Hao got blackout drunk, and awoke in a strange city, with no crewmates in site and no word of the Ravens Flight.

He is currently just trying to make his way in the wide world the best way he knows: by fighting, drinking, and making love to as many beautiful people as he can (he is indiscriminate about sex; man or woman, makes no difference to him, so long as they are beautiful to look upon). Hao himself is not so beautiful; he sports a prematurely bald head and long mustaches and beard. He is usually greasy and filthy, and most often drunk. Despite his foul odor and appearance, Hao seems to have no problem finding willing partners in any city or port.

Note: If anyone is unhappy with the "sexual" content of this background or its future application, I will change it. I'm more interested in maintaining a game environment all are comfortable with than I am in staying true to this idea. Just PM me if you have issues, now, or as the game progresses. I am open to such feedback. :)

Five things to happen to my character:
-Encounter a jilted lover from his past; this could be a nemesis or an NPC.
-Somehow, Hao gets a clue as to who is parents were...and perhaps why the gave him up for slavery as a small child.
-A chance to bust up a slave trade ring.
-Acquire his own ship and take to the sea!
-A worthy target to plunder; someone who deserves it.
Last edited October 19, 2015 7:25 pm
Oct 12, 2015 9:51 pm
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjHPwO5FPPDTXFS33KJiPIJ_QlxcLVRt_dQ77FDkAm2StPbfOxMw
Name: Xadania
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Cleric of Sydoni (Goddess of Life and Healing)
Background: Hermit
Appearance: Muddy brown hair, copper skin and sombre greenish brown eyes. Carries herself like someone trying to be as graceless as possible.
Level: 1
Ability Scores:
STR: 15
DEX: 15
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 17
CHA: 12

Trait: I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer
Ideal: Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit
Bond: My isolation gave me great insight into a great evil that only I can destroy.
Flaw: Now that I've returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much

Five Things To Happen To My Character:
Convert and/or train a young acolyte to assist me
Obtain the favor of Sydoni, or gain some sort of sign that her presence is still strong in this world of new gods. Perhaps I can partake in a pilgrimage to one of her forgotten temples?
I have my calling, but I need to discover my true purpose by traveling far and wide and meeting and influencing as many as I can.
Last edited October 20, 2015 3:16 pm
Oct 21, 2015 11:46 am
Kiado, if you can set up the spell selection soon as you have time I'd appreciate it. Other than that we are locked stocked and ready to roll!

Also make sure everyone has a list of five things their character wants. This helps me plan little side journeys or hooks for the characters!
Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm
Been super busy, I will do that today. Both of the things above.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.