Warforged

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 15, 2015 12:08 pm
Before the building of Ironholme The guilds rivalry boiled over into full blown war over resources. Warforged were built as a disposable super soldier constructs. After the war the Warforged began to develop sentience and after many years the Council had deemed Warforged as living people with emotions and aspirations just like the flesh races.

Standard Warforged
Traits
Ability Score increase: Strength and Constitution+1
Medium sized
Speed of 30feet
Composite plating: Your metallic skin gives you extra protection of+1 to AC
Living Construct: You are immune to disease and do not need to eat or breath, eating and drinking is optional. Instead of sleeping you go into an inactive state for 4hours fully aware of your surroundings.
Languages: You know Common an other languages of your choice depending if they are available.
Oct 16, 2015 9:20 pm
This is a neat concept. Do warforged require a power source?

I'm very interested in playing as one, and have a basic personality concept in mind.
Oct 17, 2015 12:10 am
Warforged are just like the ones from Ebberon, I searched for 5th edition stats I think there is a pdf for download from the offical D&D Website. These are stats for the standard *model* of Warforged you may persuade me with let's say a Warforged built for assassination or casting magic.
Warforged are Asexual in nature but since the Awakening and being newly sentient they have made their own identity from their surroundings, for example Femforged(lol) are an uncommon sight.
Oct 17, 2015 12:32 am
I was envisioning something like an intelligent golem, built as a line-breaker... in that you send him/it to the line with heavy armor, large shield, and a blunt object like a hammer. Perhaps one of the first models created, so he's very bulky and basic and not flashy like later variants.

I'm not familiar with Eberron, so I apologize if I'm way off.
Oct 17, 2015 12:58 am
I just realised I did not answer your question properly Warforged were built with the almost near complexity to the human physiology but with metal flesh and organs. I'd imagine there would be a gem of some kind that functions like a Human heart. They don't have lungs which in place would be the equivalent of a cooling/heating unit in your PC tower. They do have stomachs, they can almost eat anything to act as fuel but they seldom need to.

Now about the line-breaker Warforged. Would you say this is like a Goliath sized Warforged, 7 feet tall and weigh about 300 pounds? +2 Str Instead I reckon and Intimidation advantage. I think these guys were the first model but due to resource constraints they resorted to make smaller, faster ones. We could call this a Hulk Warforged as "subrace"
Oct 17, 2015 1:04 am
Thanks, that's what I picture when I think of using 1st-generation warforged in battle. If it's all right, I'll set up a character along those lines.
Oct 18, 2015 4:25 am
Do you envision class restrictions on warforged? Could one play a gadgeteer warforged, for example? That's not what I was thinking of playing, primarily, but the idea intrigues me.
Oct 19, 2015 6:49 am
I've always wanted to play a sorcerous robot. This adventure looks like it's the ticket! :-D I'm thinking Stormborn from Unearthed Arcana - Waterborne Adventures.

http://img.bibo.kz/6669/6669915.JPG

For this concept do I use standard warforged template (+1 Str & Con) or do you have an alternate template for a warforged that was built to be a caster?

I'm stumped for Background. I'll need to get a better understanding of the setting.

Can we roll for stats, or array/point buy only?

Even after having said all that, I am tempted by the gadgeteer class! :-D
Last edited October 19, 2015 6:52 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.