Welcome to Ironholme (first adventure)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 17, 2015 8:49 pm
Before we start this I need some players to submit their characters sheets and backgrounds for review. Your backgrounds are influential on the world-building of this homebrew campaign setting, your character may originate from another country of your design with some of the Dungeon Master's influence to help fill in blanks of your country. You may also be working for a invented guild or one of the ones I have named on the History and Culture thread.
Then we need to work on how your characters have met and your reasons for coming to Ironholme, if you have secret reasons you may PM me and tell your cover up reason to your team mates.
I need some yeas to confirm each of you are ready to begin this adventure.
Oct 17, 2015 11:02 pm
I will work to submit the character by the end of my day.
Oct 18, 2015 4:02 am
Quick question: how do you want us to generate characters? We can use the die-roller feature here to do our rolls in the open, if you like.

My concept is of another guild - potentially a lesser one? - called something like the Consortium of the Unseen, which is dedicated to the study of and accumulation of knowledge. I'm thinking my character might be an Initiate Acquirer, who is sent by the Consortium to investigate reports and collect samples. The class might be a bard, monk, ranger, or warlock. The Consortium is not necessarily part of the Crucible, or even interested in governing or production of goods.
Last edited October 18, 2015 7:01 am
Oct 18, 2015 5:06 pm
The character I'm working on, Chorbyl, is a 1st-generation Hulk Warforged constructed by the dwarves for the Order of Steam and Gears. He was originally designed to act as a mobile tank and line-breaker, spearheading into the front to soak up enemy attention and allow the normal soldiers greater freedom. In order to achieve the requisite strength and intimidation, Chorbyl and his siblings were built to be big and heavy, and tower over the battlefield.

In the current day, Chorbyl is among the last of his kind. Subsequent generations were faster and lighter, capable of greater craft, and more suited to the way battles were fought now. There was little need for a slow and cumbersome warrior, and Chorbyl found himself relegated more and more to the back lines, little more than an oversized guard.

Eventually, Chorbyl was assigned as the sole guardian of a little-known and unassuming laboratory deep in the countryside. He did not involve himself heavily into the activities of those who worked there, as his responsibilities were to be a defender, not a socializer. But he spoke with the dwarves and gnomes when he was addressed, even if he didn't understand what they were talking about.

Something happened to this laboratory, and now Chorbyl is without orders. This wandering ronin is unable to speak about why he is no longer at that place, but suffice to say, he is currently free to do as he pleases.

Chorbyl would easily join the party, if anything for the purpose of something to do. If there is another warforged in the group, he feels a certain kinship (inasmuch as can be had if he or she works for a rival guild). Dwarves and gnomes would be considered as figures of authority, with humans a close third; he has little experience with other races due to his isolation.

I just rolled up the stats using the dice roller on the character sheet, using the 4d6-drop-lowest method. I can reroll if we need more transparency.

http://img14.deviantart.net/8f38/i/2011/236/e/c/warforge_by_deadxcross-d40flct.jpg
Last edited October 18, 2015 5:15 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.