PbP system

May 9, 2019 9:17 am
Hi guys,

A while ago, someone mentioned somewhere in some thread something about the ideal PbP system (yes, my recollection of the event is exactly this 🙄)

Inspired by those highly influential posts (that I wouldn't find again even if my life depended on it!), a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned in the GM mentoring thread that was looking for a minimalist system that would generalize well for PbP. The idea is that we're all busy and long rules take long time.

I have read very little about very few systems and I am about to have something kind of ready to be trashed by everyone 😁 And it is inspired by GP functionalities!

I'm going to attempt running the Master's Vault, the very basic one-shot introduction to D&D from roll20 here, with the twist that it will be converted to this new PbP system so no one knows the rules! I'm looking for brave people with as vast experience as possible to join me on this quest!
[ +- ] Disclosure
OOC:
What could go wrong? 🤔
Last edited June 11, 2019 3:57 pm
May 9, 2019 10:03 am
Sounds great, count me in!
I have a few years of experience with various systems going from rules light (I'm running an ongoing Lasers & Feelings adventure on here) to rules heavy (Pathfinder and Shadowrun).
Quote:
I'm not in your time zone
What time zone are you in? Because that is usually my disclaimer, too
May 9, 2019 10:12 am
bowlofspinach says:
What time zone are you in
Well... I'm actually in your time zone tough... 🤯
May 9, 2019 1:49 pm
Sign me up! I don't know the roll20 sim either, and I'm happy to help mentor you, too, if you want!
May 10, 2019 8:36 am
Great, everyone invited :) Thanks for the interest 👍
Anyone else brave enough to join?
May 11, 2019 9:02 am
Ok! Time for one last push and just post randomly to force this thread to the top for when people wake up !
Also, i’ll use dubious advertising and big letters:

ARE YOU AMAZING? IF SO WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!!
JOIN THIS GREAT NEW GAME AND YOU’LL GET THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO
GET YOUR OWN CHARACTER ROLLING! *
[ +- ] * Small print
Last edited May 11, 2019 9:06 am
May 11, 2019 12:51 pm
Okay, I'd like to give it a shot. :)
May 11, 2019 6:19 pm
Great! Welcome aboard:D
(Another victim 😈 mwahah)
May 11, 2019 6:50 pm
Im up for some punishment lol
May 11, 2019 9:17 pm
not sure if I shouldn’t be the one afraid by that now 😥
May 14, 2019 1:38 am
Sounds like trouble lets get into it.
May 14, 2019 7:03 am
ahah, everyone is already invited :D
May 16, 2019 9:46 am
Last call in case there is someone else out there looking for some random gaming :D
(or to check the great introductory roll20 adventure for completely new and clueless players being adapted mashed up into unrecognizable collection of quests!)
Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm
just discretely reviving this thread :)

Is there anyone else interested in trying it out? Some players did make it through to Chapter 2 and, even though there are some clear signs of insanity creeping in, most can still form coherent sentences :D
[ +- ] Feedback so far
OOC:
If there is interest, I'll re-run this short adventure
Last edited June 11, 2019 2:15 pm
Jun 11, 2019 2:22 pm
Yes, me, Obvs ! :D
Jun 11, 2019 3:50 pm
Colour me intrigued
Jun 11, 2019 10:22 pm
Wow, two more so quickly. I must be doing something right (good lying marketing strategies I assume ;)

One last call for willing victims?
Jun 11, 2019 11:48 pm
Why not, sanity wasn’t really there anyway.
Jun 12, 2019 7:30 am
mmm... another one 😈😈😈
I'll have you guys join the other "game" so we can chat about this before making a new game ;)
(just to add unnecessary confusion and chaos -> press here)
Jun 20, 2019 6:19 am
I'm a few weeks late to the party (pun not intended) but I'd also be interested in trying a system built with PbP in mind.

I'm in one of the largest campaigns on GamersPlane and we've been using 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons but with a team-phase combat system instead of traditional initiative. Players act in any order, but the effects (such as damage or spell effects) don't apply until the end of the round, as if everyone is acting simultaneously, so players don't need to wait for each other as often. It's been quite efficient! Though it definitely has its downsides.

I'm curious to see what sort of system you've come up with!
Last edited June 20, 2019 6:20 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.