OOC - Next Steps

Oct 29, 2015 9:22 pm
Hey gang,

As we approach the finale, I've picked up the (free) additional adventure that follows on the wake of the beginner game as something to read. But I'm also perfectly happy to continue it along if you guys like the: (a) setting, (b) party, (c) character you have, (d) GM you have. If we want to one-shot this or swap in different characters we can do that.

I will probably also run an EOTE or AOR (maybe both) game to get a better feel for the mechanics that make them different from FAD and eventually look to figure out how to have cross-over campaigns (as I think having ~8 people in a campaign is just too many). I thought about going to 6 people -- but I'm new enough with the system that I don't know how to scale difficulty in a way that is guaranteed -- so I want some more learning time before I push a party into > 4.

Anyway, lemme know -- I'm happy (and intending) to do it, unless you guys wanna treat this as a one-shot, at which point, I'll figure out a different plan. :)
Oct 29, 2015 9:40 pm
I'm good continuing on as is. I curious to see how many more things Dagger can happily blunder safely away from! :-)
Oct 29, 2015 10:28 pm
Oh yeah, I have plans for Dagger, I'm game for any continuation of this world.
Oct 29, 2015 11:24 pm
I think our characters are bonding during the adventure for a relationship background link, I might rub dice on Dagger if we need to gamble though. I'd like to check out the other settings as well but I don't want to block out someone else from trying the system for the first time plus if you do a mix mashup (It'd be odd have three characters in the same game XP, doing but still) it might get wonky especially if someone bows out of the games/isn't on the site for an extended period of time. Have you thought of how things would work? Seperate campaigns with mini arcs that actually connect/conflict/contribute? The short of it is I'm up for continueing with whatever since so far the system seems pretty cool... plus new sourcebooks are still dropping (for FaD)... D= my money!
Oct 29, 2015 11:26 pm
He could always just start up a new forum thread, or subforums for new adventures in the same world. It's possible to morph this adventure into a bigger one.
Oct 29, 2015 11:32 pm
I love the idea of Force users hunted by the empire, and between the sourcebook and GM kit adventure and the freebie there's enough material that I can start to get sufficient a hang to start weaving my own adventures into the story at some point.

As to the other settings -- my objective would probably be to run through the beginner campaign (and freebie) of the other setting, then find ways to connect the story arcs. In EOTE this could be by mixing the two groups because one has hired the other, or some such. Or it could be in AOR because one is being sent to find another in order to offer them the aid and support of the Rebellion in return from some Jedi kickassery.

Could go a lot of ways.

In this construct, I'm able to keep Duty, Morality and Obligation separate, too, until I'm more adept at using them and making them count.

Note that I'm also quite happy if you guys want to spin up a new/additional character to try out a different setting. While having multiple characters could be challenging, I can also see how it might be a fun roleplaying task.
Oct 29, 2015 11:33 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
He could always just start up a new forum thread, or subforums for new adventures in the same world. It's possible to morph this adventure into a bigger one.
Mechanically I hadn't really thought about it -- but I like the idea of subforums. That way it's all contained in the bigger "campaign universe". That would also make it easier for the sessions to overlap from time to time.
Oct 30, 2015 1:12 am
I've had a similar idea for my new modern magic 5e campaign but we will see how it goes.
Oct 30, 2015 11:51 pm
I think for now, I'll start a new game for the AOR game. I can then create a third game when I move into 'campaign mode' that enables me to bring the stories together better. This also helps get the word out about the new campaign because of the email that goes out.

Otherwise, I do really like the subforum idea.
Oct 31, 2015 3:47 pm
I see a new player who'd like to join a FAD campaign -- since this is the only one (and I'm not planning on another one right now) - an option is to extend us to a 5-person party. I can probably work with that adequately. Thoughts? Happy to not do it if we're good with the crew. I figure he could be a latecomer to Hethan's rescue once you've wrapped up with Malefax -- so he can enter in as we segue into the new adventure.
Oct 31, 2015 3:56 pm
More the merrier and someone is going to have to replace Dagger when his luck runs out. :-)
Oct 31, 2015 5:22 pm
Definitely, bring them in.
Oct 31, 2015 11:51 pm
falryx says:
I think for now, I'll start a new game for the AOR game. I can then create a third game when I move into 'campaign mode' that enables me to bring the stories together better. This also helps get the word out about the new campaign because of the email that goes out.
When you start the actual game thread in that game (and if it's public), would you post a link to it here, so we who are not playing in both can jump to it and subscribe (or just easily check it periodically) if we want to follow along?
Nov 1, 2015 3:00 am
spaceseeker19 says:
When you start the actual game thread in that game (and if it's public), would you post a link to it here, so we who are not playing in both can jump to it and subscribe (or just easily check it periodically) if we want to follow along?
Yeah, that would be great to keep up with whatever the other groups are doing. I'm really excited to see how an extended universe game set like this goes.
Nov 1, 2015 4:35 am
Yup, shall do -- I think the game is open -- can you see it in the open games list?
Nov 1, 2015 11:12 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Definitely, bring them in.
He wanted to AOR with his (RL) brother -- so the point became moot. :)
Nov 1, 2015 11:12 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
spaceseeker19 says:
Yeah, that would be great to keep up with whatever the other groups are doing. I'm really excited to see how an extended universe game set like this goes.
http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1222/

Thread locked