Character sheets

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 28, 2019 6:16 pm
Hi guys!
Does anyone know if there is a way to program custom character sheets?

I am basically looking to have some sort of a basic table/column structure with some boxes where players would put some numbers on, instead of a line per line description. Bonus points if it can do calculations :)
OOC:
Did I see it mentioned somewhere that python 🐍 may be involved?
Last edited May 28, 2019 6:18 pm
May 28, 2019 6:24 pm
On this site? No, not that I'm aware of. But if you want to make your own custom sheets hosted somewhere else, sure this is entirely possible.
May 28, 2019 7:04 pm
Spreadsheet!! ALL THE MATH :D
May 28, 2019 7:43 pm
Yes! Everyone gets an excel!!!
Indeed, nothing would feel more like pen and paper :D

How would hosting elsewhere work? Would the players have a link in their custom GP sheet? Could it be linked to the character directly?
May 28, 2019 8:23 pm
I play in several games that use a Google doc custom sheet, and you can just post the link in your custom GP sheet. Works fine.
May 28, 2019 9:08 pm
I do intend on having a method of creating custom character sheets, but it's not implemented yet. And yah, I've been considering Python/Django for the updated API, though right now it's still PHP. The custom char sheet thing will likely be done through Angular.
May 29, 2019 1:17 pm
78RPMLife says:
I play in several games that use a Google doc custom sheet, and you can just post the link in your custom GP sheet. Works fine.
Here's a link to a Tales from the Loop character sheet I made up in Google Sheets
May 29, 2019 1:24 pm
wow, that is really nice!
May 29, 2019 2:54 pm
Thanks! I tinker a lot with Google Sheets (as part of my job) -- if anyone has a character sheet they'd like converted to a Google Sheet, let me know. Here's an oldie-but-a-goodie
Last edited May 29, 2019 2:55 pm
May 29, 2019 3:04 pm
mmm... are you tempting me? I have little experience with google sheets, even though I can handle some excel ;)
May 29, 2019 3:26 pm
They are quite similar -- it just depends how much you want to put into the sheet. You can now paste images into cells in Google Sheets which is a new feature making things a bit easier.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.