Kingdom Reborn (Tiny Dungeon 2nd ed. custom game)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 2, 2019 10:41 pm
Playing again has got my creative juices flowing so I am going to run one more game. This one is based on an idea I had a week ago so the campaign will be very open to player direction, I only have the bare bones fleshed out.

The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

War has taken its toll on the land. Battle scars can still be seen in the land. Peace now reigns but an unease now fills the land as their king has died and his son now takes the throne at the age of 18. Untried and untested the people are concerned that war may again sweep across the land. Though they were victorious their enemy still licking their wounds, uncertainty abounds. At the same time the king’s nobles jockey for position of power. Rumors abound. Martial law still holds in many places. The people seek a sign or symbol that all will be well.

This game will be using the Tiny Dungeon 2nd edition. I will be providing a link to a player’s guide to be used to make characters and teach the basic rules which are very simple.

I will be using some of the optional rules which will make combat more dangerous, so solving problems without bloodshed will be important (Retreat will be an option). The focus shall be on roleplaying and will not be a kill them and take their stuff campaign. You start a fight in town, you will be arrested. Kill someone and you will be hunted as a murderer. So choose your battles wisely.

Magic exists though it is not part of everyday life. Necromancy and sorcery are punishable by death. Alchemy is what the average person will most likely encounter in their life (Let me brew you this potion that will help heal you mother). This makes some people have a slight distrust for magic as it was wielded with some effectiveness during the war to destroy. Subtleness is key.

Your character will start off as someone with some experience and loyal enough to the kingdom that if someone was looking for help, your name would be recommended.

I am looking for 1-2 people (3 absolute max) to be able to post daily or almost daily (6-10 or so posts per week is the goal.) This is a setting of my own creation which will develop over time. Since some things are very rules light (especially magic), input from the players will be welcome on how things work and even help in creating how the world works.

Since this is going to be a more relational style game I am going to ask you to apply for the game and I am going to pick who I think best fits for what I am going to run.

Pick either a human noble, fey ranger, or dwarven fighter and make a post based on one or both of these two situations.

1. You are sitting at a tavern recovering with your party from you latest expedition. The sheriff and his men are enjoying a meal at the bar. In walks your nemesis (I mean he just tried to kill you a week ago) and a few of his thugs. He spies you as he sits on the other side of the room. Looking your way he raises a glass to you in a mock toast and drinks. What do you do?

2. As you chase down the man that has the information you need, he runs into an area with a lot of people. He pulls out a wand (you know it shoots fireballs). He points to the crowd and puts his finger across his neck threatening them if you don’t’ back down. What do you do?

You can post in a thread or if you want PM me either is fine.

Once I pick the group I will send invites.
Jun 3, 2019 12:30 am
FYI - I have had 1 submission so the game will be a go. Just going to give it time for others if they are interested.
Jun 3, 2019 3:03 am
We have a dwarf, I would like to have one human or fey(elf).
Jun 3, 2019 3:33 pm
I'd like to endorse this on behalf of viking1031. They are an excellent DM and will bring more to the table than you expect.
Jun 3, 2019 5:13 pm
hey thanks for the endorsement.

Also there is a spot or so open (I have had a few PM interests so the game is a go., if I get enough I may open a second version of it.
Jun 4, 2019 5:35 pm
I have one more spot if anyone is interested.
Jun 4, 2019 5:58 pm
I’d love to try tidy dungeons, but I Not sure I can keep up with 8 post per week in the long run
Jun 4, 2019 6:12 pm
Ah, Tidy Dungeon, the infamous fantasy janitorial sim game.
Jun 4, 2019 6:17 pm
yes you play goblins trying to keep it clean and hidden while orcs and adventurers fight it out. :)
Last edited June 4, 2019 6:18 pm
Jun 4, 2019 6:23 pm
CESN says:
I’d love to try tidy dungeons, but I Not sure I can keep up with 8 post per week in the long run
That is my major concern is that I am keeping it a small group that can post regularly. That is why I am maxing it at three as I want to keep it moving. I do know that most games state 1 per day or so but it always seems to drop off. This game is one especially how rules light it is to keep a dice and things that slowe a game to a minimum but roleplaying as central.
Jun 9, 2019 1:54 am
Hi Viking, if you need another body, I'd be glad to join. Fey Ranger would be a ton of fun. I'm a daily plus poster and I know the Tiny d6 rules pretty well. If you've got enough bodies then no worries. :)
Jun 27, 2019 7:35 pm
Ok it looks like one of my players has disappeared. been two weeks and nothing even in PM so it looks like I need someone to take over the character. It is a human female noble named Gwyn.

If interested send me a post. I want to keep this game moving. We are still at the beginning stages so catching up won't be hard.

Kingdom Reborn

Read the original post as combat is going to be dangerous and won't be the solution to all your problems, This is a roleplaying heavy game instead of dice rolls and combat.

This is why I would like a writing sample based on the original post. remember I am looking for you to take over a character not replace one.
Jun 29, 2019 4:16 am
Still no luck finding a warm body, viking1031?
Jun 30, 2019 12:35 am
nope, not at this time. Hopefully in the next day or two otherwise I will have to do a little revamp. doable but I built the story based on the characters and she was one of them as I personalized some of it to the particular characters in the game.
Jun 30, 2019 5:23 am
I'd be interested in playing another of your games.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.