Interest Check - Worlds Without Number (SwN PbtA h

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 7, 2019 8:57 pm
Hi all, I've worked up a hack of Stars Without Number using John Harper's very cool World of Dungeons as a template. The idea is to have the quick light play of WoD, but still be able to take advantage of the massive cool world building in SwN. Prior knowledge of either thing is not necessary however; this would more be a game about discovering the universe, and there will be a lot of player collaboration. Is there anyone out there interested in playing in this?

If you want to check out Stars without Number, you can get it free here.

You can find the original World of Dungeons right here. There are a bunch of other hacks that people have using the rules for other settings, and they are worth checking out as well.
Jun 8, 2019 2:11 am
I'll take a look at both hacks but so far your description sounds well worth getting into.
Jun 8, 2019 8:04 am
Thanks Aldrusian, I'll give it a few more days and see if anyone else is interested as well.
Jun 8, 2019 5:11 pm
It sounds interesting. I have almost zero experience with SWN and I've never played any PbtA game but you said that's not necessarily a problem...
Jun 8, 2019 5:15 pm
I might join in. I wonder how much you will allow me to use/be inspired from a concept from the setting of Warhammer 40k(I don't know how similar your setting will be to it)? I'm thinking of playing a psychic character that worships a god of change and fate.
Last edited June 8, 2019 5:18 pm
Jun 8, 2019 5:59 pm
RoAries says:
I might join in. I wonder how much you will allow me to use/be inspired from a concept from the setting of Warhammer 40k(I don't know how similar your setting will be to it)? I'm thinking of playing a psychic character that worships a god of change and fate.
I am not super familiar with 40K, but from what I know I don't think it will be very similar at all, other than being set in space. It's more along the lines of Traveller.

That said, there are psychics in the setting and some of them have formed religious or mystical orders. You could could have a psychic character who believes his powers come from a god. If you are still interested, let me know.
Jun 9, 2019 3:50 am
Alright, I could join as well. Btw, I tried to look up Traveller, but I only found the show about time travel. How unique is it?
Last edited June 9, 2019 3:56 am
Jun 9, 2019 4:45 am
Traveller was big sci-fi RPG in the 80s and 90s, Stars Without Number is sort of an homage to it; the themes of the setting are very similar. Don't worry, you don't have to know anything about it.

I've sent you an invite to the game, if you follow that to the forums you'll see a link to the rules, a super quick overview of the setting, and discussion of character creation. Go ahead and read over those and you can go into the characters thread and start rolling up your character.
Jun 20, 2019 2:03 am
I'm interested, would also be interested in actual Traveller. The new Mongoose Publishing version is pretty good. I like the idea of a non-third imperium setting though.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.