Interest Check: Simple mythology game, creation.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 13, 2019 2:17 am
I've always liked the idea of making a world (especially in D&D) behind the actions of characters as gods. I've made a very simplistic Roleplaying Game, based around just a D20, a Jenga Tower, and the character sheet about the size of a Cue Card. That being said im not sure how to adjust it to a PBP game, I would be open to suggestions and help, but I've been wanting to try this for some time and no one in my area is available or willing. So, Who wants to make a world?
Last edited June 24, 2019 6:55 am
Jun 18, 2019 4:16 pm
Just want to say that this concept looks pretty interesting, but I think I have gotten in too many games to join for now.
Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm
I appreciate the comment at least, thank you for the support.
Jun 19, 2019 12:12 am
Popped in here to say good stuff on the simple rules and concepts!
Jun 20, 2019 8:19 am
I'm waiting on mythos game that I'm not sure is going to start... that may free up some time for me to check this one :)
However, I'm not sure we mean the same mythos...
Jun 20, 2019 9:13 am
I think what CESN means is that in gaming circles, "Mythos" is nearly always short for "Cthulhu Mythos". This may mean that just about everybody who bothers to look at this thread assumes (like I did) that you're recruiting for CoC and loses interest when they find you're not, while the people who might actually want to play your game don't read the thread because they don't want to play CoC.

If you change the thread title from "Simplified Mythos Game" to "Simplified Mythology game", you won't be giving anyone the misleading impression that it has something to do with the stories of H. P. Lovecraft, and recruiting might go better. Just a thought.
Jun 20, 2019 9:24 am
Right on the spot VinegarTom 👍 I agree that is probably the issue here.

... While I guess we can always play as Cthulhu, god of insanity and general unpleasantness!
Last edited June 20, 2019 9:25 am
Jun 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Hey, I'd be interested in playing!
Jun 24, 2019 3:03 am
if anyone can help me change the title. I didn't know Mythos was a system that already existed, I apologize
Jun 24, 2019 3:18 am
You can edit the first post, and that will change the title of the thread.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.