Looking to Try out Lancer

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 19, 2019 6:24 pm
How's it going, folks?

Long time PbP'er here, looking to give a new community a shot. I've poked around before in the past, in search of new groups to get into, but didn't have much luck. But that's alright - I was looking for something uncommon in the past.

Actually, that's not much different from this request: I'm looking to try out Lancer. Now for those of you who have no clue as to what I'm talking about, Lancer is a semi-rules-lite mech game inspired by Titanfall, Mech Warrior, and a lot of other giant robot games. The mech combat is a little crunchy, maybe a bit more so than D&D 5e, but out of pilot mechanics are very free-form.
Furthermore, Lancer is FREE!! Even after the kickstarter releases the full game book, the system will remain free.

Now, I know me and my style of things, and know full well that I'm not well suited to running Lancer (I'm more of a crunchy GM with an emphasis on fantasy plots), so I'm hoping to find someone who wants to take up the mantle of GMing, along with some fellow players. I'm willing to help out where I can, though.

Any takers?
Last edited June 19, 2019 7:01 pm
Jun 19, 2019 8:54 pm
I am always up for learning new games, and I love sci-fi (I cut my teeth on BattleTech Classic at 8 years old). But I have never played it before. So I would need time to read it over, study it, toy with it and such, but I would be willing to give it a shot as a GM, or if someone worthier is willing to GM it, then I would certainly love to play and help figure out how to run it PbP.
Jun 19, 2019 9:04 pm
I've run Lancer a couple times now, and it's a blast. Deep customization and highly tactical combat. It's been a great time. Unfortunately, I'm a bit too busy to run a game right now, or I would definitely like to give this a try in PbP.
Aug 17, 2019 8:20 pm
Ooooh, I'd love to play! I would never be able to GM but i can learn the system to be a player.
Aug 18, 2019 6:33 am
Just letting you guys know here, I'm currently reading through the book planning to run a game soon
Aug 18, 2019 9:31 pm
I'd love to join that once you start it.
Aug 20, 2019 4:14 pm
Let me know if/when that happens!
Sep 1, 2019 11:11 am
Hey, I've started the game, you're all welcome to join! https://gamersplane.com/games/2020/
Last edited September 1, 2019 11:14 am
Sep 4, 2019 10:48 pm
Heya, we are still looking for people for this game. We haven't decided anything yet.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.