GM post as player :)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 27, 2019 3:27 pm
So, I recently needed to edit a player's post (basically move just that one post to the right thread) and noticed that, as a GM, I can't post as the player or the player's character. Now, this makes sense, so I don't take control of the player's PC, but... what if I need to take control of the player's PC? Let's say a player will be off for a couple of weeks and I need to keep the character going until there is a chance to move it off-screen?

Do you think it would be worth letting the GM have permission to post as anyone or any character?
(I mean, I can already secretly change their posts, right? ;) )
Jun 27, 2019 4:02 pm
Yes, but you can also just say X does things... and make roles

Its as if you did it irl, your not him but you do it for him by proxy. But then doing that i feel like if the GM posts as the player they should have the option to have like an ugly picture for the proxy image of the player :D so everyone knows someone dun goofed...
Jun 27, 2019 4:39 pm
The GM can just upload a character sheet with the PC name and a profile picture and post with that
Jun 27, 2019 5:10 pm
That's a decently good idea, though the underlying mechanics would be on the more complex side. I'll look into it.
Jun 28, 2019 10:00 am
Thanks! This is probably one of those things that look really easy... until reality shows you the code :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.