Adventure Thread - Oak Grove Whispers

Nov 14, 2015 1:30 am
White Oak Square map
1. Grove of White Oaks - The namesake of this district. You see children playing under the shade of these trees.
2. Well - A community well at the center of the well
3. Brand's Meat Shoppe - A butcher
4. Loaf & Pastry - A bake shop
5. The Burning Light - A chandler
6. The Gray Mule - A tavern
7. Tailor Shop
8. Temple of Artenas the Builder
9. A Manor House
10. Cobbler's Row - Shoe makers and repairer's shops/homes
11. Tenement - This place looks a little run down and the building isn't level
12. Tenement - All the doors are painted red. Rough looking dogs sit on one of the upper floor balconies, watching the streets
13. House - There are children all over the yard. An old granny is watching over them.
14. The Stone Hammer - A stonemason's shop. Back yard is surrounded by a 2m tall stacked stone fence. Geidemar recognizes dwarven craftsmanship.
15. Warehouses - Lumber, cloth, and other items coming to and fro. Some guards yawn, leaning on their spears.
Nov 16, 2015 5:22 pm
You arrive in the evening. It appears that most of the cobblers on Cobbler's row have closed shop. Several are walking together towards the Gray Mule, looking quite jovial.
Nov 16, 2015 7:34 pm
"Hmm, well they look quite happy. I guess business is good around here..."
Nov 18, 2015 3:13 pm
"looks like it! I need a drink after giving the guild half my coin, maybe we'll even find someone willing to let me take ny frustrations out in their face!" Bart carries on toward the Mule
Nov 18, 2015 4:23 pm
As the heroes enter the Gray Mule, they see the place is somewhat empty. There is a delicious smell coming from the kitchen.  A church bell sounds outside, indicating the end of the work day, and soon the place starts filling up with men - mostly cobblers judging by how they are dressed.  They seem to all know each other.  The bar patron (a man with a peg leg) starts serving up hot stew and mugs of beer to the hungry patrons, including you if so inclined
Nov 18, 2015 6:11 pm
"Beer me wench!" Bart cries out, unreasonably loud. Once he receives it he'll look around for Atarin.
Nov 18, 2015 8:00 pm
"Time to put those gold pieces from the sell of those lizard skins to good use. Innkeeper, we'll have your stew and your best beer!"
Nov 18, 2015 9:47 pm
"No wench here, lad, but I've got beer" the one-legged barkeep, Dannod Harven, says as he plops a bowl of stew down in front of you along with a frothy mug of beer. As you sit and drink, discussing what you will do next in your adventuring career, eventually Atarin himself makes an appearance. Seeing you, he smiles and sits down with you.

He brings out a bag of gold quite casually, and plops it on the table. "There you go, gents! A little bonus...Thanks again for rescuing me!" it's clear to Alden that this man doesn't understand the dangers of thieves.

"Now, I have to go before the archaeological guild to request another group of students. Then I would love to have you back at the agreed rate of 10gp each per week for guard duty. I suspect we'll have trouble from both the Lakemen and the cultists. I'll be ready in two weeks time. So I will come looking here for you again then." With that he enjoys some wine and conversation, but his talk is about lakeman tools and loincloths, a bore to most of you.

Three women come into the tavern, one somewhat unattractive and gruff looking. The next a fairly attractive girl with long, dark hair and the last is a dazzling red-head. A few of the drunken cobblers whistle, calling out to the girls "Red Kirsten, here, girl!" "Molli, sing for us darling!" and a few say "Jennan, get your ass over here!" The woman (except for Jennan, who looks like she's not thrilled) smile and parade around the room flirting with the cobblers and other patrons. Red Kirsten talks to a few shoe workers but is looking at your table...
Nov 19, 2015 12:55 am
Half-listening to Atarin's story, Esteber notices when the three women (especially the two attractive ones) enter the establishment. He follows them with his eyes as he drink, eats, and pretends to listen to Atarin. When Red Kristen looks at their table, Esteber smiles back at her.
Nov 19, 2015 4:03 am
Esteber watches the woman, a prostitute no doubt...very attractive and has a spark of wit about her. She chats with a cobbler but looks again to your group.

Meanwhile Molli takes the small stage and begins singing. The whole place claps along:

In the shoemaker's shop
This refrain would never stop
As he tapped away
Working all the day.

At his bench there was he
Just as busy as a bee
Little time to lose
With the boots and shoes.

But his heart went pop
Inside the little shop
When a lovely girl
Set him all a whirl.

She had come to choose
Some pretty dancing shoes
And he heard her say
In her charming way,

"Shoes to set my feet a-dancing, dancing,
Dancing, dancing all the day.
Shoes to set my feet a-dancing, dancing,
Dancing all my cares away."

Then he tapped and he stitched
For his fingers were bewitched
And he sewed a dream
Into every seam.

Making shoes, oh so neat
Just like magic on her feet
And he hoped she'd know
That he loved her so.

But she danced, danced, danced
As tho' she were entranced
Like a spinning top
All around the shop.

On her dainty feet
She whirled into the street
And he heard her say
As she danced away,

Dancing, dancing all the day.
Dancing all my cares away."

song imagine a bit more drunken polka style

The crowd cheers and beers are raised. After the revelry dies down, Red Kirsten comes over to your table. "Is this seat taken, boys?" She points at Esteber's lap.
Nov 19, 2015 8:23 am
Alden somewhat tipsy almost spits his beer when Red Kirsten makes his move and starts laughing.
Nov 19, 2015 1:28 pm
The red haired woman introduces herself "Hello Gentlemen, I am Red Kirsten and by the way you are dressed and equipped I can see that you are adventurers." She smiles as she feels Esteber's arm.

"I am looking for some men of discreet professionalism to help me with a troubling task. One of my favorite and prized customers has suddenly become unavailable. His manservant refuses to let me in or allow him to see me. I am growing worried that something strange is afoot as the man is unmarried and our relationship is very private. I'm looking for someone to investigate and see if he is OK and find out what has happened as I am refused contact with him."

She sips Esteber's beer. "I would be willing to pay for your quiet investigative services."
Nov 19, 2015 1:46 pm
Herja has been scowling at the women since they arrived. "What would your friend think of that, eh?" she says, gesturing at the way Kirsten is seated in Esteber's lap. "Maybe he's hung himself after you got too friendly with his cobbler."
Nov 19, 2015 2:35 pm
Kirsten smiles at Herja "Oh, sugar. It's only business. " She looks the healer up and down. "Say, if this whole adventuring thing doesn't work out for you. .."
Nov 19, 2015 3:32 pm
"This is certainly some unusual work, but I'm sure we could work something out. Where does this client of yours reside?"
Nov 19, 2015 3:51 pm
Caressing Esteber's back "Master Galenar is the owner of Shoehaven Manor, just down the street."
Nov 19, 2015 3:56 pm
"And how long has this been going on?"
Nov 19, 2015 4:17 pm
"Two weeks, he normally sees me every three days or so"
Nov 19, 2015 9:57 pm
"Doesn't this Galenar has friends and family who would be worried about him? I mean no disrespect, but I find it odd a... courtesan would become worried about one of her client, and to be the only one to raise such worries..."
Nov 19, 2015 11:23 pm
Red Kirsten looks over at Bart. "What does your friend here have against helping a poor girl out?"
load next

Thread locked