The Keep on the Borderlands

Aug 4, 2019 8:03 am
PLEASE NOTE:
Please use normal text for actions etc, BOLD for all IC (In Character/In Game) communication. RED for all non-verbal/vocalized communication and GREEN for other forms of communication. Use
OOC:
OOC
for all OOC (Out Of Character) communication - GM communication, questions to other players etc.

EXAMPLE:
Overhead torches shine down on the card table; peering around the room, you are barely able to see the backs of the cards of the other players. A modest pile of coins and gems sit in the middle of the table.

I look at my cards; with the cards on the table, I think I have a pretty good hand. I roll a gem into the middle of the table and say "Call."
OOC:
I get ready for a fight.
At that moment a flashing light in the corner of your vision alerts you to a growly voice. The merest thought brings the humanoid into view; there was no way you would be able to concentrate on the rest of the game knowing that someone wanted to butt in on the game. As the player on your left folds, the voice in your head whispers:
"Fold young one! You aren't going to win this round!"

Distracted from the game now, you tap out of the game by quickly folding. "Where are you?"
In the meantime the shadowed figure opposite raises. The only other player in the game folds. It's down to the nerd and the tough. A good pair maybe, but what did the other guy have? At the moment all he had was a wide grin, but that wasn’t anything new. The man always smiled.

The nerd says, "Call. Show ’em."

A flush. Typical.

I stand up from the table. I tell him "It’s all yours." On the way out of the bar I grab my cloak and hat from the hook next to the door and step out into bright daylight.

The sun glares down and reflected off last night’s snow, broken and brown where the bar patrons had stumbled in and out, but clean and white otherwise. You take a second to deeply inhale the mountain air. Before you can exhale, a voice snaps you out of your moment of peace.

"You get half!"

"Might be that I will. Who’s giving?"

"Uh, you don’t need to know, but we need to get to the Keep by midnight. Can you do that?"

"Meet me at the corner of the road in twenty minutes."

That would give you time to check him out before traveling with him. Amateurs were usually trouble. It was time to make a few inquiries.
Aug 4, 2019 9:12 am
I think this type of post would be better suited in your game forum rather than a public one since it only matters to the players in your game
Aug 4, 2019 5:53 pm
What is the posting rate? Casual I hope?
Aug 9, 2019 6:04 pm
Valdus says:
What is the posting rate? Casual I hope?
Hi! I am posting at least three times per day so that the adventure keeps moving. Hopefully, you are able to post at least two times a day.
Oct 6, 2019 3:18 am
You still looking for players? If yes, what does the party lack? I could be talked into playing some BECMI, if you don't mind that I am familiar with the module to the point of memorization. I can separate player knowledge from character knowledge.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.