CHAPTER 1: The Tainted Village of Hommlet

load previous
Sep 10, 2019 2:32 am
Might not turn out good for us this, he whispers to the others as he turns to head down stairs.
Sep 10, 2019 6:26 am
Brock follows Cootufy down the stairs. He replies in a whisper "It may well not. I suggest we keep the old man's errand to ourselves."
Sep 10, 2019 7:28 am
Downstairs, you are all provided with a beverage of your choice on the house. In short order, there are a number of footsteps that are heard outside heading your way.
Sep 11, 2019 3:24 pm
A tall man wearing scale mail and a small helmet, with a longsword and shortbow strapped to him walks over and introduces himself. he has a thick brogue to his speech, "Greetings gentlmen, the name's Rolph, Rolph McKilly. I couldn't help but overhear what those tow leaving the inn had to say about ye, and frankly, it sounds like ye could use some small amount of help. I may be an adventurer now, but I used to be a lawyer for a short time, and while my skills are rusty, I might be able to help talk you out of this mess. But first, what're yer names?"
Sep 11, 2019 7:55 pm
Brock offers his hand to Rolph.

"I am Brocken Mountainsword. It is a pleasure to meet a fellow adventurer."

"I am grateful of your offer, but it seems to me we are in need of no lawyer, as we have done no wrong."
Sep 11, 2019 8:21 pm
Rolph shakes his hand. "Well, I would certainly hope that's the case. But, if those blokes what ran outta here a moment ago went to tell the constable that ye've murdered the ol' man, then the constable's gonna want some kinda proof that yer innocent. Of course... ye could always just flee before that happens. If so, i'd request to come with ye. I've been meanin' to get out of 'ere for a while, but I don't much fancy travellin' alone."
Sep 11, 2019 9:10 pm
"To flee now would be a mistake; too much time has been lost. We must meet with these constables and hope that reason carries the day. Rolph McKilly, if you wish to stand with us, I have no objection, though you must realize you draw scrutiny upon yourself by doing thus. I hear footsteps approach, so we shall soon know the outcome, for good or ill."
Sep 11, 2019 9:19 pm
Cootufy hides the ring upon his body then walks out, Hi Rolph I’m Cootufy
Sep 11, 2019 9:25 pm
"Nonsense, just tell them I'm yer lawyer and they'll think ye paid me to defend ye, but let's hope it don't come te tha'. Now, did these men say anything about why they were lookin' fer the ol' man? Or anythin' suspicious while they were talkin' to ye? I got an ill feel from them, makes me think they were up to no good themselves."
Sep 12, 2019 1:13 am
I felt the same, especially about the thin weaselly one. They mentioned they played cards with him last night but there was no sign of this in the room and he was still in the same seat as when I meet with him yesterday, but I don't think you should mention that, and if they had played cards they did not even know his name which you think they might have.
Sep 12, 2019 8:33 pm
"What makes you think the constable will take the word of that pair over ours?"
Sep 12, 2019 8:58 pm
Maybe we should follow that pair, they might not be getting the sheriff, Cootufy makes a move towards the door to look out.
Sep 12, 2019 9:22 pm
"Aye, Cootufy. Ye may be right about that too. Perhaps they said it just te throw ye off and get a head start. If they are the killers, and I suspect they are, it might be best to make sure they're 'ere when the conner do come a knockin'. Let's go catch'em. And if not, we can catch the constable quickly and point the finger right back at'em." Rolph follows Cootufy.
Sep 12, 2019 9:27 pm
"You lot change your minds faster than I can draw breath" mutters Brock as he follows Cootufy and the lawyer.
Sep 12, 2019 10:40 pm
Cootufy walks out the door and looks for the Monk and Knight, or any sign of them.
Sep 12, 2019 10:56 pm
"That's how you keep your enemies confused, Mister Brocken. See anythin' Cootufy?"
Sep 12, 2019 11:01 pm
This is just a mess to deal with. I like to see it all end. as he partakes in a drink.
Sep 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Mathfuric says:
Maybe we should follow that pair, they might not be getting the sheriff, Cootufy makes a move towards the door to look out.
OOC:
Just FYI, Tani's last post said we were already hearing footsteps right outside the door, which I think is the sheriff.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.