Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

1.0 - The Lion, The Witch, and the Demon

Nov 20, 2015 4:10 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2c/13/a3/2c13a33da5c1f292cc5d5bd88edb3b7e.jpg

After loading the pertinent details onto your datapad and loading your equipment into the van you start heading down to the docks districts. Keeping off the main road gets you there within an hour. The docks are the hub of all incoming and outgoing shipments to the city of San Waterdeep. As you get closer to the docks a light fall of rain starts coming down.

As Tymora explained before you left, she has arranged a bit of a deal with Daemon, in exchange for the 300 gc you received for the last job you are getting:

- 5 healing stims
- 100 rounds of sidearm ammunition
- 100 rounds of SMG ammunition
- 40 shotgun shells
- 2 Incendiary Grenades

Those of you in the know realize this is a crap ton of stuff for only 300 gc. Unfortunately that kit is kind of an offer you can't refuse. Tymora seems to know Daemon from her past, but wouldn't elaborate much, just that he's returning a favor.
Nov 20, 2015 5:44 am
Breecha sits in his customary position in the back of the van. The amount of cargo they are set to receive should stow nicely without having to squeeze in everything.

Since the back of the van doesn't have windows, the construct reaches out with his audio receivers, trying to pick up the surrounding traffic and note anything unusual for the area (ie military-grade engines, communications, etc). Meanwhile, a portion of his HUD scans the available camera feeds in the area or around the perimeter, at least those easy to tap into thanks to PHANTOM.
Last edited November 20, 2015 6:22 am, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

( 18 ) + 3 = 21

Nov 20, 2015 6:32 am
PhantomNimbus sent a note to CancerMan
[Handing note to Breecha]

Breecha runs a quick hack in RAIN through PHANTOM's connection. He is able to crack into a few perimeter feeds for the location you are going to it's an old manufacturing complex with a large warehouse at the center. This is where you are supposed to be meeting Daemon.
Nov 20, 2015 7:02 am
Breecha screen-captures a few images from his quick scan and disconnects from RAIN. He uploads the pictures to the team's datapads, each one noting a number of armed guards around the perimeter (4 to 6 individuals), plus two makeshift towers with snipers.

"Assessment: Disadvantage In Numbers And Firepower," says Breecha, relaying the obvious. "Implication: Increased Security Personnel And Fortified Positions Inside Facility. Armed Confrontation Not Advised."
Nov 20, 2015 7:33 am
"Copy that." replies Kessel. "We're just going for a nice little chat with Tymora's friend, right? What could go wrong?" the half-elf says with a grin that says he expects everything to go to shit real fast.
Nov 20, 2015 7:35 am
"That is exactly the point Tymora was trying to make back at the shop BR33CH. This Daemon is doing us all a favor. Getting into a fight here is the last thing we want." Preserver is staring at his right hand, flexing it as though seeing it for the first time.
Last edited November 20, 2015 7:36 am, a total of 1 time
Nov 20, 2015 11:13 pm
Mack grunts assent. He's brought along some side-reading ("Absolute Abjuration!") as a result of his recent study into more defensive magical spells and options and it rests tucked between his seat and the center console as he guides the van calmly and coolly along the streets of San Waterdeep.

"Still. I wouldn't be surprised if some other shoe dropped. This deal is too good to be true, so I suspect there are strings attached, one way or another."

OOC: Going the 'bold conversation' route you all have chosen for consistency. :)
Last edited November 20, 2015 11:13 pm, a total of 1 time
Nov 20, 2015 11:49 pm
Breecha's red optics flicker as his processors compute Kessel's question. "Answer: Transport Malfunction. Answer: Sabotaged Cargo. Answer: Law Enforcement Raid. Answer..." Breecha continues listing scenarios that qualify as "wrong."
Nov 21, 2015 3:37 am
As you approach the complex you see what Breecha has already relayed to you. Two makeshift guard towers stand just inside of a 12-foot tall brick wall. The wall surrounds a few warehouse buildings and storage buildings. The remnants of a sign outside shows it was once an Astral Pie factory. The armed guards outside, however, clearly indicate that is no longer the function of this complex.

As you pull the van up to the entrance a guard comes out of a small booth next to the main gate. He has a small SMG slung around his shoulder and a helmet with a dark visor covers his face, but he seems to be a dwarf, at least judging by his short, but stout build, not to mention his long braided beard.

State your business, he says, eyeing Mack in the driver seat. Or at least you think he is, it's hard to tell with that helmet.
Nov 21, 2015 4:12 am
"We're here to see Daemon. We have an appointment for a cargo pickup." Mack states, smooth as silk.
Nov 21, 2015 5:06 am
The guard turns away a bit and talks into a comm. He turns back, Who sent you for the pickup?, the dwarf questions.
Nov 21, 2015 5:28 am
Mack sighs, "Who's asking? I'm not sure Daemon would be excited for us to blabbermouth associates of his across town."
Nov 21, 2015 1:26 pm
"Hey c'mon, man, Uncle G sent us." Kessel transmits 5 creds to the guard's electronic purse. "Be a pal. Daemon's expecting us. Let's not keep him waiting. Daemon's happy, everybody's happy, yeah?"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

( 12 ) + 5 = 17

Nov 21, 2015 8:53 pm
The dwarf looks blankly at you for a second. Probably. That visor really masks where he is looking. You hear a small audible notification noise from his comm as he is informed of of a small credit transfer. He sighs and turns to talk into his comms again. You overhear, I think it's Tymora's crew... Yeah... I'll send 'em in, he swirls his hand in the air looking up to one of the guards in the guard towers. The guard acknowledges and hits a button in the tower. The gate opens and you are waved in towards the big warehouse at the center of the complex.

As you start to drive in you hear the dwarf chuckle as he heads back to his post. You can hear him say, Yeah, they bribed me... No clue why...

Driving through the complex the rain is picking up and you see some of the guards of the smaller outlying warehouses have donned ponchos over their gear. When you get to the main warehouse a guard advises you to park near the entrance, he comes up to Mack in the van, Daemon's expecting you. Just head inside, his office is on the far west wall. You will need to surrender your weapons inside.
Nov 21, 2015 10:54 pm
Breecha remains quietly seated in the van. There has been no need for his involvement in anything thus far, and considering the circumstances, that is a good thing.
Nov 22, 2015 12:03 am
Preserver give Kessel a playful nudge as he piles out of the van. When he is out and stands aside, taking the role of heavy lifter. He produces his scimitar and mace and freely hands them to the guard checking weapons, secretly pleased to know he isn't giving up his true advantage.
Nov 22, 2015 5:18 am
As the guards speak to each other on their comms Kessel attempts to hack the comm frequency. At the weapons check-in he surrenders his knives (he has left his firearms in the van).

OOC: EDITED to add soundtrack: "Armory"
Last edited November 22, 2015 5:21 am, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Hacking (Investigation) - (1d20+2)

( 10 ) + 2 = 12

Nov 22, 2015 5:30 am
Once parked, Mack ensures the van is secure (using the parking brake) and slides out of the driver's seat "Breecha, you coming with or you gong to hang out here?" Once all are gathered and proceed indoors, Mack surrenders his pistols, thinking he really needs to try using a backup arcane focus one day. But then, he likes his pistols. Maybe his hat... Chiding himself, he makes a point of paying attention for a change.
Last edited November 22, 2015 5:31 am, a total of 1 time
Nov 22, 2015 5:09 pm
The rear double-doors open and Breecha steps out. He has left his weapons in the van so he has nothing to turn in. He closes and locks the doors, then scans the vehicle with his optics to capture its current status into memory. He then joins the others to proceed indoors.
Nov 23, 2015 4:32 am
PhantomNimbus sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
After surrendering what weapons you had you proceed into the warehouse. The machinery inside has layers of dust, it hasn't seen use in some time. The warehouse itself is dark, lit only by the ambient light streaming in from outside. On the west side of the warehouse, however, is a faint orange light. As you approach you see a small side office with two guards standing outside.

The guard on the left is a large male, a barbarian's build if you've ever seen one. He has three large barbed javelins strapped across his back, and he is currently holding an automatic rifle. His hair is blonde, long, and thick. It appears almost mane-like around his face and neck.

The guard on the right is a slender woman. Her hair is a brilliant green the wraps down around her shoulders. Strapped to her hips is a dagger and a pistol. Her armor and clothes are ribboned with green glowing bands of color. A fairly standard effect in most modern clothes.

As you approach they only casually seem to notice your approach and stand aside to let you enter the office. Inside you find a small, but lavishly furnished, office filled with warm orange light from a few lamps. A fireplace also crackles with flames keeping the inside warm. There is a red velvet couch and a large dark wood desk. Behind the desk is a red leather chair and 4 large vidscreens showing security feed from around the compound.

In the chair sits a muscular, but well dressed, demon. His red skin matches much of the interior decorating here. His hair is jet black and slicked back. Outside of his dark grey suit you see two large leathery red wings protruding from his back. He spins around in his chair and you see a thin smile cross his face. His grin seems to try and convey a warm greeting, but his demonic nature makes it look far more insidious. Ah, you must be Tymora's crew. Welcome! Welcome. I've been expecting you. I hope the trip wasn't too terribly difficult.
1 of 4
1 2 3 > Last >>

Thread locked