1.3 Slaver's Lair

Nov 29, 2015 4:26 pm
After a hectic exploration of the sewers the orphans decide to rest. After some discussion they decide the safest place to rest is the passage with the grate. Being 30' long there is enough room for 6 of the party to rest with one on guard duty.

Seneia takes first watch for 2 hours (perception rolled by DM below)
Feylinde takes next watch for 2 hours (perception rolled by DM below)
Alanya third watch 2 hours (5 perception)
Szent last watch 2 hours (15 perception)

First watch - Seneia (personal note from DM)

Merlin sent a note to Gargoyle

Rolls

Seneia perception - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Feylinde perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Nov 29, 2015 6:05 pm
Rufio dreams.

He climbs a hill so steep it might have been a cliff face. The wind buffets him and every so often he slips, losing ground, as he scrabbles slowly up the rocky surface. At the top, watching him intently, is a pack of wolves. Rufio nears the top and the pack leader, a great, scarred male, snarls at him, teeth bared, hackles raised. Rufio leaps to the top and snarls a challenge. The two circle each other, growling. The alpha leaps, jaws snapping at Rufio's throat. Rufio dodges, and counters with a solid fist to the ribcage. The wolf yelps but deftly reverses direction, clamping painfully on the human's leg behind the knee, causing him to falter. Rufio turns his stumble into a headlong dive, locking the wolf in a bone-breaking embrace. The combatants roll around in the dirt, scratching and biting, blood and spittle mingling with the dust. Somehow they break free of each other and begin circling again, both wounded and limping. Now that they have taken the measure of each other, there is respect in their eyes. But there is a contest yet to be decided. The wolf lunges first. Same old tactic: jaws aimed for the throat. Rufio is quicker, and ready: he ducks, and grabbing the wolf's throat and foreleg as it overshoots, uses its momentum to slam it, muzzle first, into the ground. The wolf tumbles, dazed, scrabbling to right itself. Rufio kicks, punches, gouges and tears. He grabs the alpha's fractured jaws and pries them apart with all his strength, not stopping until he hears bones crack. The wolf goes limp. Rufio lifts the defeated pack leader, raises it over his head, and hurls it from the hilltop. He turns. The pack, his pack, is watching him. He raises his head and howls.
Nov 29, 2015 6:51 pm
Her mentors would probably frown at her. Not sitting down to calm both her mind and body, while still staying alert. Instead Seneia stays on her feet, silently prowling around the quiet campsite, her eyes narrowing as she peers at this shadow and that.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 29, 2015 9:19 pm
Merlin sent a note to Gargoyle
Seneia wonders... Was that a sound? If it was it is some distance away.
Nov 30, 2015 5:52 am
Seneia looks at her resting companions. Then she silently slips away into the darkness, towards the sound. Not far, but far enough to disappear from the circle of light, to identify the sound and maybe catch a glimpse.

Gargoyle sent a note to Merlin
Dec 1, 2015 12:20 am
The sound is very distant, and at first it seems it was a figment of her imagination. But as Seneia concentrates the hairs on the back of her neck prickle. She is sure she can hear voices, and they seem to be from up the stairs. Then she realises that if anyone passes through the guard room they'll find two dead guards and an open door... Certainly not the normal state of affairs...
Dec 2, 2015 12:52 pm
After being away for mere seconds, Seneia slips back into the camp and starts waking everyone up. She moves from one companion to another, pressing her hand on their mouth to prevent them from screaming, lifts her finger before her mouth, and whispers.

"Someone is coming! Through the room with the guards. Get ready, hide into the shadows."
Dec 2, 2015 1:39 pm
Rufio wakes from his dream to find Seneia bending over him, her hand to his mouth. She's so soft, and smells so good! He nods when she bids him to stay quiet, and moves into the shadows.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Perception - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Dec 2, 2015 1:49 pm
Elden awakes to Seneia's touch and nods grimly at her warning. Trying not to be too loud he gets up and tries to find a good place to hide, feeling vulnerable without his armor on. He keeps an ear out for the approaching guards and prepares to cast a spell of light if things get bad so he can see.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Stealth - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Dec 2, 2015 5:23 pm
Weylan had imagined being wakened by Seneia in the past, and blushes at the memory. He nods and then gets self-consciously to his little feet, wiping away the traces of drool that had trickled down his face as he slept with his mouth open. *Ugh...I was probably snoring, too!*
Last edited December 2, 2015 5:23 pm
Dec 2, 2015 10:48 pm
A startled Szent reaches for the hand covering his mouth, grabbing Seneia's forearm in the process. Quickly realizing who's waking him he releases his grip and give her an apologetic look while nodding to acknowledge her warning. Still in his armor, he'll do his best to quietly sneak into a hiding spot.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Stealth (Disadvantage) - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Dec 2, 2015 11:41 pm
I'm a light sleeper, so when Seneia wakes me, it takes just a few moments before I'm wide awake. Not the most comfortable place to sleep, but I've done way worse so I have no complaints. I walk away from the light and stick to the shadows, trying to hear whatever she heard.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Perception - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Dec 3, 2015 4:38 am
(If you are hiding roll stealth, but more specifically where are you hiding. The cavern is quite large, and you are presently at the northern exit, which is blocked with a gate. SE of where you are is the entrance to the cavern, where a stairway ascends to the guard room. My impression is everyone is hiding near where you slept so you have smothered all light sources?)
Dec 3, 2015 4:52 am
Weylan attempts to creep over to a stalagmite so that it will shield him from view of the stairs...but it's all awkward groping in the dark, of course. He won't know how well-hidden he is until something with a light source comes down the stairs (at which point he may be surprised to see which side of the stalagmite he's on!).
Last edited December 3, 2015 6:28 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Dec 3, 2015 6:41 pm
Feylinde wakes up as soon as Seneia touch her, since it didn't pass much time after she laid down.

Following the exemple of her fellow she moved toward a stalagmite to hide behind it, then sent her familiar to scout ahead stealthy.

OOC: the idea is to roll stealth for the PC and the cat ... then use an action to see and hear through the familiar (it must be within 100 feet, so I'll send him toward the voices as far as I can.
I've added a perception check, just in case :P.

Rolls

Stealth check (Feylinde) - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Stealth check (Familiar cat) - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Perception (familiar) - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Dec 4, 2015 3:08 am
The group scatters to hide in the cavern behind any suitable stalagmite of other obstruction. Generally the attempts are what you'd expect of a bunch of teenagers... "I'll hide here" "I wanted to hide there" "ouch, who's that" "Did you fart?" etc. When they finally settle on a hiding place they extinguish any lights and wait in anticipation.

The silence in the cavern is deafening, but then they hear the voices whispering as someone (or more?) descends the stairs. "Shhhh, something isn't right here, take care...."

Feylinde's cat is closest to the stairs, and she watches through its eyes. A few moments later a small halfling creeps into the cavern. He peers around. He whispers behind him, "I can't see anything, let's head to the passage." As he steps into the cavern there are three more people following. One is a burly half-Orc, and a human is in chain mail. At the rear is an elf in robes.

When he takes a few steps he stops abruptly... "I can see a cat... There is definitely someone down here!"

(Everyone roll initiative. Please note you may assume a short rest at this time...)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Initiative - opposing party - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Dec 4, 2015 3:22 am
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Dec 4, 2015 3:43 am
Szent's grip on his hammer tightens as he hears the voices.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Dec 4, 2015 4:42 am
I stare intently in the direction of the voices. I hope they don't get the jump on us! We're really good at being sneaky, so we should be fine...

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Dec 4, 2015 7:08 am
Weylan tries to be alert...but it's tough when he's still trying not to giggle about that fart comment.
Last edited December 4, 2015 7:10 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.