Maybe looking for a co-GM?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 6, 2019 7:54 am
This is an experimental idea, not sure to what degree I am thinking about taking this. I am looking for someone who could be a partnering GM in my homebrew campaign I named "Journey into The Abyss".

I have acquired more players than I expected, and I accepted them as reserve players in case of future players dropping out. I am now playing with this idea of starting something similar to a west marches game. The idea is that GMs will handle a group of players about 3 to 6 in number, and that a thread will be made where the GMs discuss and update with each other about what their party have done, and what might happen. The map will be hexagonal, and each level of the Abyss will have a larger area as the party descends.
Last edited September 6, 2019 7:58 am
Sep 6, 2019 7:57 am
Do give me questions and advice about this if you have. Also, if you want to comment that it is a foolish idea, I'd also welcome it.
Sep 6, 2019 8:21 am
Sounds fun! If you can let me know exactly what you have in mind and how you would like it run (so the feel is consistent). I can check if i have the available time. Perhaps a gm per level, since the player groups will have started at different times(stage in the adventure)?
Sep 6, 2019 8:45 am
My original idea for my game was that levelling is done by reaching each Abyss level. However, if it's done in a way that will have lots of back and forth explorations, then levelling will have to be different. My idea is that every tile explored will give xp, in addition to experiencing scenes.

Example: at level 1, which includes the material plane, every tile revealed from the fog of war could give the party 10xp. Discovering landmarks could give 25xp.
Then level 2 will 25xp per tile, level 3 will give 50xp, so on so forth.
Sep 6, 2019 9:08 am
Xp from combat will be used. Also, the scenes, as I call them, are segments of experiences or challenges the party will find themselves going through. There will be base xp for when they go through the scene, and bonus xp can be given if they are successful or have interesting results. A party going through a tile can have more than 1 scene, especially since travelling in the Abyss is a dangerous and exotic affair!

In an attempt to keep things mysterious and interesting, I'll avoid revealing too much details in this public thread.
Sep 6, 2019 10:08 am
RoAries sent a note to Hiddenfan
Last edited September 6, 2019 10:12 am
Sep 6, 2019 10:34 am
اhey i may be up for that but what do i have to do
Sep 6, 2019 11:28 am
Steef99: sorry if I might be hesitant to have you join me as a Co-GM, as I am concerned that your not being fluent in English might make conversing a bit hard when discussing ideas or narrating the situation.
Last edited September 6, 2019 11:28 am
Sep 7, 2019 2:33 am
I have invited you, Hiddenfan. Once you've accepted, I'll make you GM.
Sep 14, 2019 6:48 am
I am still open for anyone interested in being a partner GM for an exploration campaign.
Dec 1, 2019 4:59 am
I have made the game public.
If any of you want to read the story of the fate of the 8 adventurers that went on their doomed mission. (I had to close because everyone is now inactive.)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.