Interest Check: Exalted 3E Lunar Hexcrawl

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 29, 2019 2:25 pm
Alright everyone, I've been working out some of the kinks of this system for awhile now and will probably continue messing with it as we go, but I'm far enough along that I want the pressure of players to carry this thing over the finish line.

Interested players should be aware that this is a work in progress and we're even using the final draft rules for Lunars. I welcome players new to the system as long as you're willing to be active, ask questions, keep an open mind and brave the learning curve.

And now on to the pitch...
Chosen by Luna, the many-faced goddess of the moon, the Lunar Exalted are legendary shapeshifters and terrifying monster-heroes, untamed and unbroken by the ten thousand foes that have sought to end them. Their souls burn with unbridled rage, driving them in their vendetta against ancient enemies.

The focus of this chronicle will be the War for the Caul. The Caul is a mysterious island continent that is considered to be sacred to both the Lunars and the Dragon-Blooded. The Caul is fabled to be the birthplace of the Dragon-Blooded and the place where Gaia and Luna both loved and shared. It disappeared for centuries and then reappeared one day.

The main draw of the island is the pilgrimage path between the 5 shrine cities each devoted to one of the five primal elements (Earth, Wood, Fire, Air, Water). It is said that one who walks the path completes the five trials will open the Pass of Fen-Yi and enter the Last City. Dragon-Blooded who complete the pilgrimage ensure that their next heir will exalt. There is no recorded history of a Lunar completing the pilgrimage and what might happen if one does. Since it's reappearance, control of the five shrine cities has been heavily contested and currently the Lunars control all but the earth shrine city of Faxai-on-the-Caul.

The game will be run in a hex crawl format with a heavy emphasis on exploration and discovery on this mysterious island.

Your characters are newly exalted Casteless Lunars who are recruited to the Caul for various reasons.

Game Link
Last edited September 29, 2019 2:25 pm
Sep 29, 2019 2:52 pm
Dang you WarDomo, I was just looking at my Exalted books last night wondering if I'd get to play that again.
Sep 29, 2019 3:01 pm
I have friends who plays Exalted and I hear good tings.

I am very curious, and want to know more. I would be interested in playing
Last edited September 29, 2019 3:10 pm
Sep 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Qralloq says:
Dang you WarDomo, I was just looking at my Exalted books last night wondering if I'd get to play that again.
You're the one that always pulls me back into a Vampire game!
Sep 29, 2019 3:22 pm
Feel free to ask questions: I'm a self-proclaimed Exalted evangelist
Sep 29, 2019 3:26 pm
What does exploration and discovery look like to you?
Sep 29, 2019 3:36 pm
I've got a hex map that covers an area roughly the size of Argentina. There's a set of canon locations and npcs that exist and I expect you to interact with and I've got an overarching meta plot, but I will be using a lot of randomized encounters to seed side plots and locations based on existing factions and such.

In addition, as with all Exalted games, I expect the players to pursue their own characters agendas and make the game their own. You want to take over the whole island for yourself? Okay, go for it :)
Sep 29, 2019 3:45 pm
[ +- ] Map
These are 25 Mile Hexes!
Sep 29, 2019 3:55 pm
I am most certainly wanting to play this! Is there an official ruleset or have you homebrewed?
Sep 29, 2019 3:59 pm
I'm not thrill with exalted or I will give it a go.
Sep 29, 2019 4:07 pm
I backed the Lunars kickstarter and I have the backer manuscript for the lunars
Sep 29, 2019 4:09 pm
The hex crawl bits I'm building myself from the collective wisdom of the internet
Sep 29, 2019 4:27 pm
That sounds entirely amazing. I'm in, for as fast or as slow a pace as you want.
Sep 29, 2019 5:44 pm
I know nothing of the system, but one of the main draws of GP has been learning new systems.
I am in if you'll have me. I am as active as you need.
Sep 30, 2019 2:07 am
Exalted, nice! I haven't looked at 3e though...
Sep 30, 2019 2:14 am
The setting is basically the same, but the combat and social systems changed significantly (for the better IMHO)
Sep 30, 2019 8:39 pm
I am interested to learn this game. I must say upfront that I don't have access to the book thow :(
Sep 30, 2019 9:11 pm
No worries. We can work with that
Sep 30, 2019 10:08 pm
It's interesting! Very different feel and way more flexible than Solars. I kinda dig not having a supernal skill that you feel obligated to put a bunch of points into. Shapeshifting gives a lot of opportunity for solving problems in creative ways
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.