OoC Thread

Dec 22, 2015 4:04 pm
A thread for out-of-character discussion for questions, announcements, and anything that doesn't have anything to do with your character.
Dec 22, 2015 6:58 pm
Hey, I'm guessing I got approved as a player. I'm making a character right now and I was wondering something so I know what sort of backstory my character has. How long it's been since the thermonuclear war took place devastating the planet and the 'dupes' took over? Like would it have been only a few years and the characters remember what life was like before, or even HAD lives before? Or has it been decades and everyone alive has only ever known the current situation?
Dec 22, 2015 7:05 pm
funfungiguy says:
Hey, I'm guessing I got approved as a player. I'm making a character right now and I was wondering something so I know what sort of backstory my character has. How long it's been since the thermonuclear war took place devastating the planet and the 'dupes' took over? Like would it have been only a few years and the characters remember what life was like before, or even HAD lives before? Or has it been decades and everyone alive has only ever known the current situation?
Yeah you were accepted. As par with action films of the time, I intentionally left the story bare-bones. To answer your question, whether or not your character remembers the past depends on age. The nuclear war occurred in 1991, so those under 24 years of age practically do not know what pre-war life was.
Dec 22, 2015 10:32 pm
My characters is done. It's not giving me the option to "Submit a character". Am I doing something wrong?
Dec 22, 2015 10:37 pm
funfungiguy says:
My characters is done. It's not giving me the option to "Submit a character". Am I doing something wrong?
I've no idea, I'm new here. I'm not seeing any place to approve or deny your character. Post it here instead.
Dec 22, 2015 10:55 pm
Cool, I posted it. I'm new-ish here too... I'm sure we'll figure it out.
Dec 22, 2015 10:58 pm
funfungiguy says:
Cool, I posted it. I'm new-ish here too... I'm sure we'll figure it out.
It's a good character, nice job. I guess we'll wait for more people to join.
Dec 22, 2015 11:19 pm
Okay, I figured out how to submit a character if anyone else needs to know. I make the character under the heading "Characters" and it adds it to my library. Then I log into your game and it gives me the option of submitting a character from my library to your game.
Dec 22, 2015 11:21 pm
funfungiguy says:
Okay, I figured out how to submit a character if anyone else needs to know. I make the character under the heading "Characters" and it adds it to my library. Then I log into your game and it gives me the option of submitting a character from my library to your game.
Yeah I saw that. I'll lock/remove the Character Sheets thread
Dec 23, 2015 3:27 pm
Hi. Welcome to the boards. I am fan of Wushu, it's cool to see other people who know about it.

I also have a question for you...sometimes in this genre of post-apocalypse there are people who have developed supernatural powers. I don't want to break the game or the genre setting though. I was thinking of having one of the traits be something like "Danger Sense" which I would us as kind of an ESP, predict what will happen a few seconds into the future, akin to Spider-Man and his 'Spidey-Sense'. Mostly useful as a defense or reaction to incoming danger. It could also just be mundane highly attuned situational awareness if you want to stay away from supernatural/magic/psychic powers.

Another thought would be to make it a cybernetic upgrade. You listed Cyber Samurai as a sample Trait, so it would seem it is OK to have cybernetic prosthetic and enhancements. Maybe the Danger sense comes from a brain implant that feeds information to my character that goes beyond the capabilities of normal human senses.

Beyond that, I am thinking I would like my character to be a gunslinger type. Not a sniper, although still a good shot with a rifle, but someone on the ground and good at quickdraw and trickshots. If you've ever seen the movie Equilibrium staring Christian Bale, I'm feeling inspired by the clerics from that movie, but ported over to this setting. This guy will have emotions and such.
Dec 23, 2015 5:13 pm
foolsmask says:
Hi. Welcome to the boards. I am fan of Wushu, it's cool to see other people who know about it.

I also have a question for you...sometimes in this genre of post-apocalypse there are people who have developed supernatural powers. I don't want to break the game or the genre setting though. I was thinking of having one of the traits be something like "Danger Sense" which I would us as kind of an ESP, predict what will happen a few seconds into the future, akin to Spider-Man and his 'Spidey-Sense'. Mostly useful as a defense or reaction to incoming danger. It could also just be mundane highly attuned situational awareness if you want to stay away from supernatural/magic/psychic powers.

Another thought would be to make it a cybernetic upgrade. You listed Cyber Samurai as a sample Trait, so it would seem it is OK to have cybernetic prosthetic and enhancements. Maybe the Danger sense comes from a brain implant that feeds information to my character that goes beyond the capabilities of normal human senses.

Beyond that, I am thinking I would like my character to be a gunslinger type. Not a sniper, although still a good shot with a rifle, but someone on the ground and good at quickdraw and trickshots. If you've ever seen the movie Equilibrium staring Christian Bale, I'm feeling inspired by the clerics from that movie, but ported over to this setting. This guy will have emotions and such.
The apocalypse does not include mutants/superpowers. As for the "Cyber" traits, I've written that you can add the word "Cyber" in your traits to make them funnier and fit the theme more (After all, it's all "Cyber" in the future). You don't have cybernetic abilities. Other than that I like the character concept, it's always nice to have a cowboy/quickdraw types on this kind of setting.
Dec 23, 2015 6:02 pm
That's works for me, just had to ask. I've been thinking more and decided it will be just a normal sense of potential danger. It may seem preternatural at times but it is really just training.

I'll be submitting the final character later today. I'm working on final appearance.
Last edited December 23, 2015 6:05 pm
Dec 23, 2015 8:30 pm
foolsmask says:
That's works for me, just had to ask. I've been thinking more and decided it will be just a normal sense of potential danger. It may seem preternatural at times but it is really just training.

I'll be submitting the final character later today. I'm working on final appearance.
Alright, cool.
We'll wait until Saturday for a new player. Otherwise we'll begin with four, assuming the rest will submit their characters.
Dec 23, 2015 9:18 pm
Didn't know how much you wanted on the characters since it seemed pretty narrative and more on concept focused. Anything else I need to do?
Dec 23, 2015 9:26 pm
Remnant says:
Didn't know how much you wanted on the characters since it seemed pretty narrative and more on concept focused. Anything else I need to do?
I don't understand your concern. The character sheet is on the game's page. Make a character and submit it for approval, then wait for the last spot to be filled so we can begin.
Dec 24, 2015 5:31 pm
Not really a concern, just curious if you wanted more background stuff like Fun did or if I was good with what I had.
Dec 24, 2015 7:48 pm
It is at this point I should mention that this campaign will be, unexpectedly, very combat focused, so make sure your characters have at least one good combat trait.

All current characters follow this rule, but just FYI to those who've yet to submit one.
Jan 4, 2016 7:20 pm
When do you plan on starting the game?
Jan 5, 2016 3:40 pm
I thought Dance is waiting on athanghe to finish a character no?
Jan 5, 2016 4:20 pm
Remnant says:
I thought Dance is waiting on athanghe to finish a character no?
Oh damn I forgot about this game. Sorry.
Yeah I'm waiting for everyone to submit their characters. If athanghe doesn't submit one by the end of the week I'll have to kick him out and search for a substitute.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.