LFP: Ravnica 5E D&D Return to Dragon's Maze

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 21, 2019 5:02 pm
I'm looking for some players to join in our dungeon crawl based on the Dragon's Maze story of MtG's Ravnica series. No Ravnica experience necessary. Here is a flowchart to help prospective players make a guildhouse choice:

https://i.imgur.com/9SqecMb.png
Last edited November 21, 2019 5:11 pm
Nov 21, 2019 5:15 pm
I have room for a 5e game. This looks intriguing.

Do you want to know which guildhouse we would be leaning towards and/or what class/race?
Nov 21, 2019 6:05 pm
Man I have been wanting to try Ravnica out !
Nov 21, 2019 6:24 pm
Same as before: Izzit Goblin.
Nov 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Yeah, I either end up Izzet or Azorius, but neither one is quite right. I guess that makes me Jeskai?

So, this above is the way I'd like you to choose your guild. I don't mind if there are a couple of characters in the same guild, but I am also wary of having factions within the party. No evil alignments please. You choose the races from a list of options I think I have somewhere on this forum... Choose guild first and we can go from there. Cheers!
Nov 21, 2019 9:47 pm
Either a Boros fighter or Selesnya druid. Depending on the party needs and build.

I am no familiar with Ravinica, but I have played 5e on here.
Nov 21, 2019 10:17 pm
Can we go with the Selesnyan druid? I'll give you some race options shortly, but obviously wood elf is one of the obvious ones. I need to check my document.

We currently have:

Izzet goblin - blastseeker (conjurer)
Boros dwarf - cleric of the forge? Is that right?
Azorius human - inquisitive
Last edited November 22, 2019 2:43 am
Nov 21, 2019 10:24 pm
Lots of choices here, but you can also suggest your own.
Selesnya:
Wood Elf
Centaur
Human
Fey (Dryad)
Treefolk
Half-elf
Loxodon

Treefolk is my personal favourite for a druid of the moon. Use Shillelagh and Thorn Whip as extensions of your body. However, do not be swayed by me. This is a character idea my son played.
Last edited November 21, 2019 10:38 pm
Nov 21, 2019 10:42 pm
If people are interested, I might pay for the Ravnican content on D&D Beyond to make character building easier. After all, this is a level 12 campaign and the challenges of keeping track of spells, skills, and whatnot will be significant. There are different background, traits, flaws, and bonus associated with each Guild.
Nov 21, 2019 11:12 pm
I'm interested. I have Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, as well.

Interested in playing a Human Rogue Inquisitive of the Azorious Senate.
robninja sent a note to Cruvis
Last edited November 21, 2019 11:18 pm
Nov 21, 2019 11:14 pm
robninja says:
I'm interested. I have Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, as well.

Interested in playing a Human Rogue Inquisitive of the Azorious Senate.
Cruvis sent a note to Cruvis
Awesomeness!
Nov 21, 2019 11:21 pm
I didn't realize it was that high a level. I enjoy starting at the bottom and working my way up. I am not keen on high level games.
I will withdraw, but thanks for considering me.
Nov 21, 2019 11:43 pm
Machiabelly says:
I didn't realize it was that high a level. I enjoy starting at the bottom and working my way up. I am not keen on high level games.
I will withdraw, but thanks for considering me.
Cheers! If it comes up that people want to start at level 1, we can also do that. There are two players here who played about 4 rounds of combat at 12th level, who may not want to consider working quite that far backwards. But, who knows?
Last edited November 21, 2019 11:43 pm

Len

Nov 22, 2019 1:31 am
Cruvis, good to see you! I haven't seen you post in a long time out in the wild here. I remember you posting a PbP how-to when you first joined the site, it was great. Love Ravnica, I've actually wanted to run a game set during the War of the Spark or set in the Utvara reclamation zone. I'd be interested in joining and seeing what you're cooking up!
Nov 22, 2019 2:11 am
Ooh I haven't played level 12 in a quite. Got room for a weird simic, maybe?
Nov 22, 2019 2:39 am
Yabsolutely! I should also note that there is no longer a Selesnya applicant. I'll update the roster now...
Nov 22, 2019 2:42 am
BedzoneII says:
Ooh I haven't played level 12 in a quite. Got room for a weird simic, maybe?
Not sure if you have the resource book or not, but wanted to mention that there is a special Simic race called, Simic Hybrid. +2 CON +1 to ability of your choice and choice animal adaptations, such as tentacles, carapace, gills, etc.. (just in case that floats your boat).

Other options include: Human, High Elf, Vedalken, Triton, Water Genasi.
Last edited November 22, 2019 2:46 am
Nov 22, 2019 3:18 am
So here's an etiquette question: Do I go ahead and pull you guys into the game or do I wait for you to build a character first? I have always waited in the past.

Looks like: Len, BedzoneII, robninja, and maybe Cosmic_Cube? I'll wait until people are definitive. I do want to remind everyone that this is level 12, in case that poses an issue.
Nov 22, 2019 6:01 am
I usually just invite people right away and then deal with character creation in the game forums but I've also seen it done the other way.
So just do it however you prefer
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.