Mark Edited Post as Unread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 18, 2019 5:41 pm
I don't know how viable this is, but I'm hopeful that we can somehow flag a "read" post that was later edited to be marked as "unread."

I often use the "last unread" feature of this site. What sometimes happens is that after I read a post, that post gets edited afterward and I do not know that it's been changed until I check the thread again. However, if I'm going to the "last unread" I will completely miss the change.

This usually comes up when people add text after the fact, such as after adding a roll. I know a user-workaround is to simply write up a new post, but if the original writer chooses to edit in results or add a new block of text (something beyond the control of readers) it might be nice to have some kind of indication that the post was changed after it was read.
Dec 18, 2019 5:56 pm
Agreed. It's a common problem I have as well if I see a post that just contains die rolls because the GM wants to write the text in afterwards but then I forget about it and never check back for the new text.
Would be nice if this was an option. Maybe a way for the GM to send an alert out for a thread that marks it as unread for the players
Last edited December 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Dec 18, 2019 6:03 pm
That would be a cool feature
Dec 18, 2019 6:26 pm
I would also find this extremely useful.
Dec 19, 2019 5:19 am
That's a good solution.
Dec 19, 2019 4:27 pm
So right now, the system tracks the last post in a thread you've read, not which posts you've read. I'm unsure how I'd implement a viable system of which posts you've read.

Yah, maybe a system of a GM flagging a post, or maybe instead of checking the last post you've read, set the last time you read a thread, and if you hit a thread with an edit time after that, flag it? Or maybe it should only be for GM posts in a thread.
Dec 19, 2019 4:30 pm
Keleth says:
maybe instead of checking the last post you've read, set the last time you read a thread, and if you hit a thread with an edit time after that, flag it?
I think this is my favorite version of this.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.