Episode 1: A New Home

Jan 15, 2016 6:37 pm
As a quick reminder. green chat is for OOC
Ill use blue if I have to roll for anything out of the ordinary. Such as the duty roll Im about to roll
Red will be for important stat changes
Jan 15, 2016 7:12 pm
"Approaching planet Uuopa Captain"

The star ship lieutenant pilot begins pressing a series of codes into a nearby console while flicking some switches and preparing the ship to enter the atmosphere of Uuopa. The group looks weary from the tumultuous flight theyve been on. Just a couple of days ago you were all at home on Avendor IX, which seemed at the time like a safe haven should the Empire fail to notice them. One thing has led to another and now you see yourself shuttled off to this odd planet. A sergeant major by the name of Jack Brown has taken some serious wounds that while have been treated to the best of the ships capabilities, requires better medical equipment. He is stable but is very limited in his capabilities.

The Lamda begins to enter the planet and right away you see lushious forests that densely pack the planet. The lakes are plentiful as well as there seems to be an appropriate balance for life to sustain on the planet. You notice the various grey areas where buildings peak up. They almost look like a blur from the speed you're entering the planet but you know from this that there is a fair population of people on this planet.

"Find a clearing to land Lieutenant. We dont know how much longer this ship has before it goes down" ordered the Captain. From your time on the base you know he is Captain Amalla Kadoon. The bothan's posture remains fairly confident the entire time and rarely wavers, even during the Empire's invasion of the Avendor IX base.

The Lieutenant, a tiny statured duros known as Lieutenant Salquon Nuvey begins descending the transport ship into a clearing. It doesnt take long before the damaged ship has landed. The landing is bumpy but its the best that could be done given the shape of the ship.

"Lieutenant run diagnostics. Since we are in a relatively safe area we might be able to fix the ship up so we can get to the base in one piece"

"Yes sir" replies the duros as he begins running a sequence of tests. The captain stands up to the group.

"I know this has been a traumatic sequence of events the past days but we are nearly there. If we can get this ship running safely we will be able to make it in no time. We're running low on medical supplies and Sergeant Major Brown is going to need them in order to keep him stable."

The captain projects a map for the group to see that shows their current location as well as a city a little bit to the left of the groups placement.

"The maps suggest there is a city a couple miles west of here. Try and see if you can acquire medical supplies for us so we can keep Sergeant Brown stable. Along the way to the north there is an old listening post the rebels on this planet used for awhile. I'm not sure of the fate of the place as Rebels communications on this planet arent well maintained. While its not necessary you may be able to check it out and see if there is anything of use us"

The captain begins to turn back to the lieutenant as he dismisses the group.

Rolls

Duty Roll - (1d100)

Jan 15, 2016 7:41 pm
Jarek snaps a quick salute before turning and leaving with the rest of his team. He tries not to think of the carnage he witnessed on Avendor IX. He checks himself over to ensure that he has all that he needs. Blaster, check. Datapad, check. Stimpack, check. All looks good, he thinks to himself.

"Let's hurry up, Sergeant Brown doesn't seem like he's doing well at all," he says to the team.
Jan 15, 2016 7:55 pm
Beren will salute the captain as well and head back towards the exit to the shuttle, gathering his equipment as he does so. "I don't suppose they crammed a speeder onto this thing before we took off?" Beren wonders aloud. "I gotta say walking doesn't sound like a lot of fun through this forest."
Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm
I imagine that my medpac is insufficient to try and heal up Brown? Do I need to make any sort of roll to determine exactly what supplies we need?

Morjak smooths out his coat, looking somewhat dejected an muttering to himself. "Genius only takes a man so far with shoddy equipment.." He raises his voice to a normal speaking volume, and looks over at the others. "Perhaps we should spend less time talking and more time moving?"
Last edited January 15, 2016 8:17 pm
Jan 15, 2016 8:29 pm
You could possibly make a medicine roll to see what kind you need that would better help him. Hes dealing with a lot of deep burns and having taken a blaster wound to the thigh and chest both of which has resulted in a good amount of blood loss.

The lieutenant begins to address the Captain.

"It looks like our cooling systems have been heavily damaged during our escape. Its a miracle we even made it to hyperspace in the shape they are in. Ill start working on repairing the damage to it that I can. Its going to take me a a couple of hours to get her running again Captain"

"Great, in the meantime Ill keep lookout and see if we can get a hold of rebellion forces here"
mentions the captain. You can see a dressing over his shoulder where he was hit with a blaster shot. He seems to be perfectly fine though as though he wasnt even shot in the first place
Jan 15, 2016 9:17 pm
I'm assuming average difficulty?

Rolls

Determining supplies

4 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Threat

Jan 15, 2016 10:07 pm
"Sir, before the attack, I had been ordered to the supply depot to do some heavy lifting. In the confusion my weapon was misplaced. Is there a spare blaster aboard this ship I could requisition for this operation? Perhaps the Sergeant Major could spare his weapon for the time being, given his condition?"

M4-T3 stands at attention waiting for the Captain's response.
Jan 15, 2016 11:12 pm
Upon examining the sergeant you really begin to grasp just how much he is going to need to make it. The burns are going to need a couple days worth of dressings. Bandages would be advantagous to help stop blood loss plus perhaps something to give him blood since he has lost a lot to begin with. Pain medication, while not necessary, might be a good idea because the stuff you have on board is running low and lacks any decent amount of strength.

The gruesome status of the man disturbs you slightly as you take one strain from studying the vicious injuries to the sergeant

The captain hears the droid before going over and assessing sergeant Browns gear.

"Hm, it seems as though his blaster pistol has made it but it's in bad shape. It's the only weapon we have to spare right now. You might be able to make use of it"

He then goes back to the comms console where he tries to get in contact with the rebellion forces on the planet

m4-te receives a light blaster pistol that is heavily damaged. Using it will add 2 blacks and a purple to any roll firing this weapon
Jan 16, 2016 4:18 am
"Thank you sir. I will make it work."
Jan 16, 2016 2:44 pm
His tongue flicked forth as he listened to the briefing and objectives his tongue flickering more rapidly in response to an officer attempting to fix the craft.

Oh NO! No! NO!

With the brief over he blinks his frills flexing slightly, "Sssir," he began, "Ssso medical sssupplie to ssstablize the Sssergeant Major. Along the way down yonder check out the commsss array and sssee what we can ssste- repurpose for the ssship or ssstock equipment sssince we have none. I'll be on the look at for tools also, if you go over more than diagnostics without the proper tools... with all due ressspectt... we'll have more to deal with than a damaged ship and heavily injured sssenior NCO if the cooling system damage sstarts a chain reaction." Bas relays his arms mimicking the possible explosion... it would probably look pretty cool but not the desired result.

With a quick salute Bas is off to join the rest but stops when he see M4-T3 weapon... He slowly looks up to the droid's face and done to his weapon and back up again. Putting a hand on the droid's shoulder he sighs, "I feel yur pain..." he comments and slithers forth to get a bearing on the group formation and call signs since he'll probably be scouting ahead.

OoC: Going to make a Mechanics roll real quick hopefully it'll give me an idea of what tools and supplies we'd really need to be on the look out to fix the ship.

Rolls

Duty Roll - (1d100)

(29) = 29

That thar'za space shuttle yall (Average Mechanics check?)

3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Advantage

Jan 16, 2016 6:18 pm
You begin to inspect the ship to see if in your experience you can find something that requires tools you don't have. Keeping an eye out on the ship while you begin to get the groups bearings and formation you dont seem to notice anything that needs any special attention. However your watchful eye while forming together the group keeps your mind on edge, making it as sharp as a knife.

Bas receives a blue die on their next skill check to compensate the heightened awareness

As some of you begin to file out and figure out call signs you begin to realize the layout of the land. The clearing is made of a hard brown soil with patches of grass that vary in a light green to an almost dark teal color. The forests shine from the light in an almost dream like stance. You would figure its probably around mid day or getting to it by the way the sun shines off the trees. The trees themselves tower over the clearing to get a peak at the tree-barren strip of land. The sounds are relatively quiet with a little bit of the wild life contributing to some noise but youre a fair distance away from town to not be able to hear the commotion of it
Jan 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Bas volunteers to scout ahead since he feels he's got the best chance of attempting being quiet. with a staggered line formation in the forest it would be easy for now to find cover. If he needed people to stop he'd click over comms once, two clicks rapidly meant to hide, rapid clicks over that if he was out of sight meant something bad happened and he was slithering around to not die.
Jan 16, 2016 10:12 pm
Beren readies his blaster pistol, wishing he had a heavier weapon for skulking around in the forest like this and proceeds to follow Bas into the forest, trying to pay attention to anything and everything going on around him.
Jan 16, 2016 11:45 pm
Morjack seems disgusted as he walks through the forest, trying to keep his clothing clean. "All this damnable nature. I was under the impression that I was to be a researcher, not some kind of..backwater explorer." His Imperial accent gets thicker almost by the word, reminding his fellows of his somewhat questionable origins.

"So? What's our plan when we arrive at what passes for civilization on this--" he is interrupted by shaking his foot free of a root. "--Backwater rock?"
Last edited January 16, 2016 11:45 pm
Jan 17, 2016 1:05 am
Jarek is very quiet, still uncomfortable being "in the field". "I suppose we seek help and supplies from the locals, right? That's what the captain said."
Jan 17, 2016 3:25 am
"Nature has plenty to resssearch Doctor... even on backwater rocks for medical purpose what's available when we're down to the bone on medical sssuplies ssshouldn' be over looked." Bas replied over comms as he moved ahead of the others, "I figure our plan should be to recoupe medical ssssupplies and equipment needed if we can. The locals may want to sell us out just as well as help us depending on what's in their best interest. Until we know the sssituation we probably ssshould get ourselves too out int he open. That could lead back to not just us but the ssshuttle and ssssergeant as well...." he added.

Granted this was also a opportunity to see if there were any enemy forces in the area, imperial or otherwise...

(OoC: Let me know when you'd like a stealth check if needed.)
Jan 17, 2016 9:04 am
After a while you guys begin to reach a much smaller clearing than where your ship had landed. The grass here is a bit more full than the patchy multi-colored patterns of the former as well. The sun now looks overhead the forest, but with periods of darkness as some dark storm clouds begin to accompany the area and the temperature is up to a warm, if not uncomfortable amount.

You realize from the map that was shown to you earlier that this is close to a halfway point between you the town and the listening post. You begin to hear the light rustle of a busy town on the planet. However the foliage that leads in the direction of the listening post is almost welcoming in its sight of beaten down grass and branches. This pathway must have been used frequently to cause such a sight. For good reason, there doesnt seem to be any noise coming in the direction of the listening post.
Jan 17, 2016 4:08 pm
Scouting in the front few would notice his tail flicking slightly due to the warm weather, a smirk spread over his lips until he stopped and waited for the rest. "Town's that way yonder, possst down that way... ain't no sssounds really from that way though. That could be good or bad though... I figure check out the posst first. Lesss people around more likely..." Bas stated his eyes darting around looking for signs of how recently someone might have been through the area.

(OoC: Could we do a perception check? Or would it fall under survival to attempt to look at 'tracks'?)
Jan 17, 2016 4:42 pm
Perception if you want to check for something being there with you currently, survival if you want to check if someone has been here recently
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.