Shotgun Diaries Characters

Jan 21, 2016 12:43 am
This thread is for posting your characters for Shotgun Diaries. You're allowed to create and play two separate characters simultaneously. Please post both characters in one post so that I can keep them consolidated for later reference.
Jan 21, 2016 2:02 am
I'm going to create two characters. To determine Archetype for each, I'm rolling a d6 (as I'm a sucker for old-fashioned randomness). But I can't roll a d6 in thread without having a character in-game already (or maybe die-rolls are not enabled for this thread's settings), so I'm rolling myself, using the GP "Dice Roller" tool.

Here's what I got:

2d6
( 4, 6 ) = 10

...which means one is Sneaky, and one is Helpless.

Having done all that, I realize that I'm not sure as to the setting details. Are we in an urban environment, suburban, rural, country? Which continent and country is it? Is in contemporary, near-past, distant-past, near-future, distant-future?
Jan 21, 2016 3:26 am
It's going to be modern day, and starts out in a small town. The interregnum is over and the apocalypse has already taken most of the world's population so the characters have seen some stuff... Lots of stuff actually.
Oh and North America for the continent.
Jan 23, 2016 7:04 pm
Ok finally made first character. Not sure how to post it here. Any help would be appreciated.
Jan 23, 2016 7:33 pm
You could copy/paste it in a post, but really I don't think it'll be necessary. The character sheets you submitted to characters look good.

The only thing is, is there a way on your end to name the character sheets what each of your survivors' names are, as opposed to just "Shotgun Diaries"? That way I can find one or the other sheet easier if I need to access them or look at them? If not, no biggie.
Jan 23, 2016 7:37 pm
Is this better?
Jan 23, 2016 7:41 pm
Character Name: Horace "Hoss" Smith

Archetype: Strong Survivor

Journal: Horace is 27 years old. He is a very large man, although not very tall. Most of his time was spent working on a local dairy farm. He may be strong but he is not very bright. He has the equivalent of an 8th grade education. When the apocalypse happened Horace was just finishing work. He saw a man attack his boss. Horace had to hurt the bad man by twisting his head 180 degrees around. He then had to hurt his boss when he turned. Horace is currently in his boarding room trying to survive but able to hurt the bad people when they come around. He is thinking about moving because more and more are coming all the time and he feels that this are is no longer safe.

Fear:1

Character Name: Micha Johannson

Archetype: Dangerous Survivor

Journal: Micha is 34 years old. He joined the Army right after graduating high school. Having enlisted in the infantry Micha was trained to use various types of weapons. During basic training Micha was encouraged to join the Army Rangers. After many weeks of rigorous training he was finally assigned to a battalion. He participated in many deployments and actions. His 16 years of service was brought to an end when everything went all to hell. His base was over ran and many of his friends fell trying to escape. Micha and a few others managed to escape using a humvee. Unfortunately the noise soon attracted many more of the undead and Micha had to abandon his fellows and slip into the woods. He has since been travelling towards his parents home where hopefully he can finds a few things that he had stored there for a rainy day. Today the forecast was upgraded to tropical storm.

Fear: 1
Jan 23, 2016 7:43 pm
Got it figured out.
It was a little tricky as I'm using a tablet.
Jan 23, 2016 8:32 pm
Yup, that's perfect! Thanks!
Feb 17, 2016 4:49 pm
We've run into a bit of a snag.

Something happened to the characters for a lot of people a few days ago, not just in this game, but in quite a few others. From what I understand in the forums, the dude that runs this site did something and it wiped a bunch of the characters for different games.

The guy that runs this place did something and it fixed, but apparently not for all the games. I've asked about what now, but for the time being...

@Foolsmask: You appear to have slipped under the radar altogethert and never got any character's deleted. If you get a chance, can you please copy paste them here, just so we have a backup?

@Cerris214 had both of his characters deleted, but fortunately your characters were already posted here as backup. So I guess if you can copy them from here and re-paste them as characters that would be great.

@Spaceseeker19: Your characters appear to be wiped from the game and were never posted here as backup. I know Matt was a Sneaky survivor, and Grace was Helpless, but aside from that we're playing based on memory. If you get a chance this week you want to repost them? I know characters in this game are pretty simplistic for the most part, so no rush.
Feb 18, 2016 10:16 am
I checked the game screen. My characters are still posted. If you want I can remove them and resubmit them.
Feb 18, 2016 3:47 pm
Keleth said in the tread I whined about it in that there's some sort of problem with GM permissions right now. It sounds like all of your sheets are still there, but something happened so the GM doesn't have permission to look at them. Foolsmask might know more than that, because he found out about it and brought it to Keleth's attention as well.

For now, at least yours are posted in the Characters forum, so if I need to find a backstory I know where to look.
Feb 19, 2016 10:01 pm
If everyone checks the box for their character to appear in the Character Library the GM will be able to see them. The toggle for the Character Library is the box shaped thing with the slit cut out of it.

But here are my characters anyway!

Character Name
Cola
Character Sheet
Name: Nicole 'Cola' Watts

Archetype: Clever Survivors can jury-rig tools and weapons. They can make machines work. They can figure things out. Clever Survivors roll 4d6 whenever they're using their brains to survive.

Journal: Nicole 'Cola' Watts stands about 5'5" in her combat boots and is of average build. Her hair is long and a light brown color that borders on blonde. She has an average build thanks to her habit of running to stay in shape. She used to be a cross country runner, but she was more dedicated to her education and quit participating in the sport. Some days she regrets that decision. Other days her knowledge of chemical & mechanical engineering prove very useful. She was on a road trip with friends when the outbreak happened. The point was to blow off steam before mid-terms, not that Cola wasn't really concerned, her papers were done, they just needed some tweaking, and the tests were just a formality to her. But that world is over now, so there's no point in thinking about it. She does wish she knew what happened with her friends from school and her family. The last person she saw was her roommate's boyfriend Anders. They had wound up alone and he had tried to make a move on her. When she shut him down he stormed off. Cola was afraid if she called him back it would send the wrong signal. A group of zombies seemed to be headed in her direction shortly thereafter. She told herself that Anders got away, he must have been cut off from coming back to get her. He must have gotten away...

Character Name
Connor Thorton
Character Sheet
Name: Connor Thorton

Archetype:Fast Survivors can run like hell. They can juke and scramble. They can leave you in the dust and they only need to be faster than the slowest survivor. Fast Survivors roll 4d6 whenever they're using their feet to survive.

Journal: Connor puts you in mind of a mysterious sphinx. He has droopy gray eyes that are like two pieces of steel. His wavy obsidian hair is probably a little longer than it should be, but he can't bring himself to cut it shorter, it feels to much like giving up, so he ties it up and wears a bandanna or beanie when he goes out. He is tall and has a broad-shouldered build thanks to all his years riding the waves. His skin is a dark tan do his time in the ocean, though it is starting to fade do to the lack of time on the beach. He has a small nose and an angular face. His wardrobe consists entirely of t-shirts and board shorts, save for one wet suit, one parka, a pair of tattered jeans, a pair of running shoes and a pair of hiking boots. Connor was taking a break from surfing to attend the wedding of his straight laced brother Charles when the zombie outbreak happened. He was just waking up from the stag party, he thinks it was the chaos of the attack that woke him. He thought it was just a couple of loud kids down at the hotel pool at first, but as came to his senses he realized the screams were not what he first thought. He tried to get to his family, but they were all gone by the time he found them. He managed to get out of town on airport shuttle bus with eight other people. They didn't last long as a group though. One guy got hot headed and mouthed off to another, next thing they knew the Zs were busting down the door. Connor ran again with young Jenny in tow. They lasted another three days on foot. They were scavenging for food when they got attacked again. Connor was forced to leave her behind, there was no way he could kill three deadheads before they infected the girl. They already had hands on her when he ran. At least, that's what he tells himself he saw...late at night when the only sound is the moaning of the dead.
Feb 20, 2016 12:25 am
Looks like Keleth fixed whatever you broke, but thanks for posting these, just in case.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.