Fudgeon Crawl?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 10, 2020 12:32 am
Yep I said it. I went into the FUDGE rabbit hole last night. I looked up a whole bunch of rules. I know Fate is the thing right now, and I guess I can look that up.

But just out of curiosity, is anyone feel like a FUDGE dungeon crawl?
Jan 10, 2020 8:01 pm
What the fudge is FUDGE?
Jan 10, 2020 8:28 pm
"Fudge is a type of sugar candy that is made by mixing sugar, butter and milk, heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F (116 °C), and then beating the mixture while it cools so that it acquires a smooth, creamy consistency."

Pretty sure that’s what he means , not the system with +1 and -1 dice 😂
Last edited January 10, 2020 8:40 pm
Jan 10, 2020 10:52 pm
I want some fudge
Jan 10, 2020 11:11 pm
By the way. I never tried fudge and a fudgeon crawl sound interesting 👌
Unfortunately i’m on a GP downsizing fase at the moment :(
Jan 11, 2020 1:58 am
I am really tempted, but unfortunately I don't have room on my plate for FUDGE. :-p
Jan 11, 2020 2:32 am
I am doing something utterly simply and insane. Players make characters as you go, using the following template and fill it out as you need a skill.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/596011677057548289/665382144339607572/image0.png

Or you can write a good description of your character and depending on that we can decide where the slots are filled?

I’m also a student of Risus so we can use those above slots as cliches, not words or skills but descriptions?

Yeah this might not be FUDGE, might be PRALINES!
Last edited January 11, 2020 2:41 am
Jan 11, 2020 4:49 pm
I plan to stick to these fast and lite rules, too damn old for that whole point buy conversion that was fudge at first

Fudgelite rules
Last edited January 11, 2020 4:51 pm
Jan 11, 2020 5:09 pm
I'm interested. I've wanted to do a deep dive into FUDGE and a dungeon crawl might condense the experience. It's hard to learn a system when you only need to access the rules once every week or two.
Jan 11, 2020 5:45 pm
I would say quite the contrary. I warn yall. Any rule that needs to be looked up, I pretty much ignore and fudge it.
Jan 11, 2020 11:22 pm
I'm interest. I've never played Fudge, but I've played a little Fate and it seems they have some similarities. I think I heard somewhere that Fate evolved out of Fudge, so that makes sense.

What do you think of the following character concept for the dungeon crawl:
An eternally optimistic, jovial, huge, burly lumberjack named Hax. Loves the joys of life and thrills of adventure. Built like a gorilla. Dark-haired mullet, thick and curly, at least on the side and back, but thinning on the very top. Wields a massive axe with two hands and carries a couple throwing axes and a hunting knife on his belt. Wears hardened-leather armor when prepped for a battle, but hates donning it unless absolutely necessary due to the restriction on his movement and comfort. Usually leaves it strapped to his pack and goes bare-chested (although, you'd be forgiven thinking he was wearing a sweater), just wearing well worn pants made from a tough fabric with many utility pockets and heavy leather boots. Experienced and wise when it comes to trees, things made of wood and the tools involved in turn the former into the latter, but definitely not book smart. Often puts too much trust in strangers due to his optimistic outlook, which has been both an advantage and disadvantage over the years.
Jan 11, 2020 11:45 pm
I would say it sounds more like Risus than Fudge but me likey. We have three, shall I may a formal game?
Jan 12, 2020 12:33 am
Ha ha, I've never played Risus but just googled it quickly and I see what you mean. I'll have to give it a try sometime. I think my concept will become more fudge like as I fill in my traits on the fly, but keeping this blurb in mind will help me decide which traits go where as we go. I'm easy, I'm happy to start with 3 or wait if you'd like a bigger group.
Jan 12, 2020 1:16 am
3 could raid a dungeon no? Like in Conan the Barbarian?
Jan 12, 2020 1:19 am
It would be a time of high adventure.
Jan 12, 2020 1:53 am
Sounds good ... To the dungeon!
Jan 15, 2020 9:15 pm
Still got room for one or two more. It’s fudge how great is this a FUDGEON CRAWL!!!
Jan 15, 2020 9:48 pm
I have no idea what it is
Jan 15, 2020 10:26 pm
We are using the fudge rules on this page: fudgelite

Name and concept along with one flaw and one Talent, your Talent will become your suburb cliche.
Last edited January 15, 2020 10:28 pm
Jan 16, 2020 5:50 am
If you don't mind a noob at the game I will give it a shot.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.