Interest Check: Atomic Robo

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 14, 2020 3:49 am
Action Science!

Atomic Robo is a Fate Hack set in the alternate history of the Atomic Robo comic book universe. In 1921, Nicola Tesla created a sentient robot and the world was never the same again. Robo went on to become an American citizen by helping punch a lot of Nazis. He often finds himself at odds with his arch nemesis Dr. Dinosaur (literally a sentient, time-traveling velociraptor).

You will play action scientists hired by Tesladyne to do cool stuff. What is an action scientist? You might ask. An action scientist is to real science what Indiana Jones is to real archaeology.

So it doesn't seem like anyone's super interested in Deviant so let's try again. I've been wanting to run this game for a long time but have intimidated because I've never run Fate before. My goal is a fun game that helps me get comfortable with the rules and running fate. If it grows in to more, awesome... if not no big deal.

Any takers?
Jan 14, 2020 4:13 am
God, I should really catch up on the Atomic Robo comics. It's such a fun and interesting read.

Anyways, sure, I'm interested. What modifications does the hack make to the Fate system?
Jan 14, 2020 4:18 am
I'm not a Fate expert or anything but they added Mega Stunts which I guess are more powerful versions of stunts.
Jan 14, 2020 4:41 am
Would you happen to have the rules for the game?
Jan 14, 2020 6:42 pm
I asked around and one of my friends had a pdf of the game, so I'm good in that department.
Jan 14, 2020 6:58 pm
If there is still a spot opening, I'm interested.
Jan 14, 2020 7:08 pm
I was going to resist. I really was. Being a boring old normal scientist in real life, the thought of being an ACTION SCIENTIST sounded really cool, but I swore I wasn't going to add another game.

Then I started reading the comic.

So yeah. Sign me up, if you'll have me.
Jan 14, 2020 9:30 pm
Okay so that's definitely enough to start a game. Let me start putting things together and I'll post here when I'm sending out invites. Probably ly won't happen until this weekend.
Jan 21, 2020 9:59 pm
Oh, Atomic Robo. Color me interested, but tentatively. I'm having trouble adding games to my schedule.
Jan 22, 2020 3:25 am
Understood, still standing up the forums, holiday weekend here in the US and I didn't expect to be as busy as I was.
Jan 22, 2020 3:43 pm
Invites sent out.. for science!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.