Changed to Curse of Strahd using BFRPG rules

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 17, 2020 4:24 am
I would like to run through some old school AD&D if there is a group for it. Gathers your friends make a party and join me for some nostalgic fun.
Last edited January 22, 2020 11:23 pm
Jan 17, 2020 4:27 pm
I haven't tried AD&D. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Basic Fantasy RPG (the Free OSR system), but I see a lot of comparisons to that. Is it old Race = Class and such?
Jan 17, 2020 4:45 pm
20+ years ago, before I even knew there would be a third edition, I promised myself I would never play AD&D again.

That being said, I'll likely launch a Fantasy AGE game in the next week or so, and play a classic AD&D module that I'll convert on the fly.
Jan 18, 2020 12:57 am
Been a loooong time, not sure I remember how to play
Jan 18, 2020 10:56 pm
A_True_Believer says:
I haven't tried AD&D. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Basic Fantasy RPG (the Free OSR system), but I see a lot of comparisons to that. Is it old Race = Class and such?
Sry don't know what all that is. I had a IRL group this past summer that went through the old Temple of Elemental Evil and and it was an excellent zeroes to heroes epic.

I have old Dungeon mags as well so no shortage of adventure just need some willing heroes.
Jan 19, 2020 3:32 am
Also have all the 5e adventure league books and my LGS shopowner says i should offer up the list of Pathfinder Adventure paths he has on the shelf as possible conversions which he knows I'll buy regardless.

List of paths:
Rise of the Runelords
Second Darkness
Carrion Crown
Skull & Shackles
War for the Crown
Extinction Curse

So for all this the system will be set but the adventure could be up to all of you.
Last edited January 19, 2020 3:33 am
Jan 20, 2020 12:07 am
Love it. I'm a dwarf in your BECMI game, I'd love to play a wizard in your 1st ed.
Jan 20, 2020 12:08 am
Very familiar with all editions and I have all source books in pdf that I could link you to from Google drive if you need.
Jan 20, 2020 12:57 am
Basic Fantasy RPG

Give it a look. EVERYTHING is free and open source. It's quite OSR and awesome. :)
Last edited January 20, 2020 12:58 am
Jan 20, 2020 1:36 am
Thanks A_True_ Believer I am looking into it. Until then let's decide on the game. Again player's choice. You all can decide. I have been reviewing Tyranny of Dragons and Tiamat's old stats, but I am good with whatever the group wants to run through.
Jan 20, 2020 2:49 am
Was Tyranny of Dragons 1st ed? All I'm seeing is 5e...
Jan 20, 2020 4:29 am
No it is one of the Adventure League books I am thinking of converting for this. No sense having any great adventure sitting about.
Jan 21, 2020 4:10 am
So after reading over the BFRPG rules I think they will make the conversion very easy. So I started the game HERE but still need the group to decide on what they want to run through.

COMPLETE LIST
Rise of the Runelords
Second Darkness
Carrion Crown
Skull & Shackles
War for the Crown
Extinction Curse
-----
Tyranny of Dragons
Out of the Abyss
Curse of Strahd
Storm King's Thunder
Age of Apocalypse
------
Temple of Elemental Evil
Last edited January 21, 2020 4:13 am
Jan 22, 2020 12:25 am
Knifesedgegames says:
Been a loooong time, not sure I remember how to play
Sorry had to decline, too many games on the go
Jan 22, 2020 12:39 am
I still have all my old books..
Jan 22, 2020 12:50 am
I'm just confirming. You will be using Basic Fantasy RPG?
Jan 22, 2020 1:44 am
Knifesedgegames says:

Sorry had to decline, too many games on the go
NP I understand as this will put me close to the limit too. Hope we can use you as an alt later if needed.
Jan 22, 2020 1:46 am
A_True_Believer says:
I'm just confirming. You will be using Basic Fantasy RPG?
Yeppers it has the feel I'm looking for, and converting any game to use the rules looks super easy.
Jan 22, 2020 1:51 am
Awesome. Well, I'm down to play if you'll have me. I actually purchased some physical copies and I would like to play myself. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.