LFG: Star wars game (FFG)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 20, 2020 3:49 am
Hi,

I'm looking for dm/st/gm and players into any era and campaign in the star wars universe from Fantasy Flight Games.

Any interest?
Jan 21, 2020 3:42 pm
Hey how's it goin Shadowgab?

New games and open spots in on going games tend to come up fairly regularly for this system. It's quite popular here.

So if someone doesn't respond to your LFG immediately, I'd encourage you to continue to hang out. Maybe get involved in other games (GMs will often look to that as a good sign that you might stick around), get involved in non-game threads and discussions (also a good sign), and just become a part of the community. Get in the habit of checking in here regularly, start garnering "name recognition" (it's a small enough community that people see names about, and in that way get an impression of who's active, and they remember who they see), and just wait for the moment to come.

It will come. It's just that pbp is a slow burn. Gotta be in it for the long haul.
Jan 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Thanks for the info!
Jan 21, 2020 10:29 pm
Hey Shadowgab, I'm relatively new here as well and getting use to the site. I'm also LFG for a Star Wars Game. What really surprises me is the amount of users that have their profile set to 'looking for group' versus the amount of Star Wars games looking for players. It seems to be more ripe for GM's then for players ATM. I guess we can keep looking and keep hoping. :)
Jan 21, 2020 11:17 pm
Well, again, it's just a matter of time. As someone who has been GMing and playing in the FFG Star Wars system here at GP for I think over 4 years now, I can guarantee something will open up.

If you're expecting immediate results and immediate satisfaction, you're probably looking at the wrong medium for the hobby.

Why don't one of you start a game? Be the change you're hoping to see.

No better way to learn than by doing. 2 person campaigns are actually really satisfying and fun in the FFG Star Wars system.
Jan 22, 2020 12:01 am
emsquared says:
Well, again, it's just a matter of time. As someone who has been GMing and playing in the FFG Star Wars system here at GP for I think over 4 years now, I can guarantee something will open up.

If you're expecting immediate results and immediate satisfaction, you're probably looking at the wrong medium for the hobby.

Why don't one of you start a game? Be the change you're hoping to see.

No better way to learn than by doing. 2 person campaigns are actually really satisfying and fun in the FFG Star Wars system.
Please note that I was only making an observation and not critiquing the process in a bad light. If I knew more of the ruleset I would be happy to GM. And, just may do that eventually. :)
Jan 22, 2020 9:52 pm
Hi, I am a new player on here and also looking to join a star wars ffg game as a player. I have played a few one-shots but never managed to get a campaign going.
Jan 22, 2020 10:13 pm
Note to all -- I may pick this up -- but I am currently determining whether or not I can pick up another game -- if I end up picking that one up I will not pick this one up but unless someone jumps on this before that has been established I will pick this one up should I not pick the other up --- I hope that was not too confusing
Jan 22, 2020 11:42 pm
Not that much. I will be awaiting your response .
Jan 23, 2020 10:45 pm
Okay nope the other one did not pan out -- but before I launch into this one -- what kind of stories are you all interested in playing in?

Do you have any preferences to the era as well as the kind of adventures you wish to get involved in?

And can I assume no one wants to play a Sith or one of their agents? Or perhaps I should say I prefer to run more heroic like adventures -- not necessarily over the top heroic -- just definitely not villainous in nature
Last edited January 23, 2020 10:47 pm
Jan 24, 2020 12:18 am
IRL we are starting a Mandalorian game in Feb, so that would probably be on the bottom of my list just for different scenery. But, I'm good with whatever everyone else wants.
Jan 24, 2020 2:03 am
Whatever era is fine with me. I would just like to MAYBE start higher than starter xp. Else i would love after EP6 (no need to follow canon from ep7 and onward if needed)
Jan 24, 2020 2:30 am
Well FFG materials all lean towards after the Death Star Destruction but before the Emperor's 1st death --- so I am inclined to at least do a Rebellion Era or a Post Emperor's 1st Death Era -- with perhaps some alternate reality stuff

Okay so Post Episode 6 -- the Death of the Emperor Era
Last edited January 24, 2020 2:32 am
Jan 24, 2020 3:45 am
It isn't FFG, but I am starting a Star Wars 5th Edition game set in the Old Republic. The materials for the game are free online at https://sw5e.com/ if you're interested.
Jan 24, 2020 7:30 am
In the Aftermath -- has been created -- and I have sent invites to : Shadowgab99, kbranden, Cavalier and emsquared

Anyone else that might be interested just drop a note here and/of apply to the game Here
Last edited January 24, 2020 7:32 am
Jan 24, 2020 12:16 pm
I'd love to join.
And I love that we're in largely unexplored territory with this era.
Jan 24, 2020 3:46 pm
While I would love to play in another game, I'm contemplating GMing a new game, and trying to determine if I have the bandwidth for any of it at the moment...

Thank you for the invite though.
Jan 24, 2020 3:48 pm
Also, you're the friggin'-man for picking this up Joker! Love this community. Not every (or even most, in my experience) pbp community responds to "demand" like ppl do here.
Jan 24, 2020 8:01 pm
Im new here on this forum but its been amazing the energy in general here
Jan 30, 2020 6:09 am
Okay we have room for at least one more and the action is about to get under way -- but I can bring new characters in fairly easily within story breaks -- or start another story line and merge them eventually

By at least I mean we have 7 slots with 6 potential players that only 2 of which have nearly completed their characters. So if I get interest from some one who wants to be an active player I will drop any inactive players to make room
Last edited January 30, 2020 6:10 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.