Looking for a new monitor: advice?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 28, 2016 4:53 pm
So some of you may have been my Twitter rants over the last two weeks about Monoprice. Basically, about two weeks ago, my monitor (a 2560x1440 27") decided it was a 1024x768 monitor. I know it's not my video card from tests, and I spent a full day + overnight shipping to get a new cable to confirm it wasn't that (both techs I spoke with on the phone seemed CONVINCED it was the cable). In the end, it's the monitor, two years old, that's failed, and Monoprice has a one year warranty. I've called them twice, talked with their Twitter account, been in touch with one tech via email, and another two people via online chat. I would easily say dealing with Monoprice customer support has been one of the worst. It's basically techs who have a list of google responses, senior techs who have experience but not much advice beyond basic stuff, and my favorite: departments who don't communicate. After talking with their Twitter account, they said they'd have a senior tech get in touch with me, which meant a "senior" tech would email me, give me no support, offer me an RMA THEN look up my details, and then revoke the RMA offer, because of course, it's out of warranty. I do intend on trying to find the email addresses of their officers and send them mail as well, though I'm sure it won't do anything.

So that rant aside, I need to find a new monitor. Anyone have advice? I like Samsung; my second monitor is a Samsung, pretty old, working just fine. I'd like to keep to the 27"; I've gotten used to the size. Obviously, I'd like to avoid spending a fortune as well.
Jan 28, 2016 9:26 pm
I'm partial to Dell monitors -- but they tend to be a bit pricier.
Jan 28, 2016 10:46 pm
I'm not trying to be funny, but Goodwill usually has some badass monitors for sale I don't know anything about the ones by where you are, though
Jan 28, 2016 10:58 pm
Good point; worth considering. I'm not strapped for cash; I just, as most people, don't want to spend more than I have to.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.