How many active games are you playing right now?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 20, 2020 4:56 am
Basically the title. I think it'll be interesting and fun to see how many games the community members generally participate in at one time. I also think it'll be useful for new users to see how many games is a doable amount.

I'm currently in 6 active games, 2 of which I'm GMing. The post rate varies from about once a day to once a week. Overall, this many games is doable for me.
Last edited March 20, 2020 5:05 am
Mar 20, 2020 5:46 am
It will be interesting to compare the replies you will get here against those you'll find in this similar thread from two years ago, as well as this one about GMing involvement.

For myself, I have halved the active games played (from about two dozen to only 10) but have doubled my GMing (from 2 to 4).
Last edited March 20, 2020 5:47 am

Len

Mar 20, 2020 6:44 am
GMing 2, playing in 5. I am half a Jabes!
Mar 20, 2020 7:01 am
Right now, 1 game inactive as a player.

Preparing to run a L5R of my own.

Back in the days when i played on another platform, i had something like ... 8 games as a players, and 3 as a GM.
Mar 20, 2020 7:10 am
I got 8 games on my forum list
1 is winding down and would be ending after the following encounter
3 is going strong
1 solo game where the GM doesn't have the time
2 I GM'ing, unfortunately, they are proving a bit heavy to get off the ground.
Mar 20, 2020 10:02 am
Playing in 2, GMing 2. I've only joined recently and so most of my games are really active, there are multiple posts per day. I think running or playing one more would be the max for me.
Mar 20, 2020 2:53 pm
On Gamers Plane? I'm running three games (AD&D 1E and two 5E) and playing in one (Wurm). I'm also active on Paizo's boards, running two D&D 5E, two Mutants & Masterminds, and two Pathfinder games, and playing in two Pathfinder games, two Savage World games, and an AD&D 2E game. I'm also thinking of starting a Savage Worlds game here, set in a steampunk Earth.
Mar 20, 2020 2:59 pm
I'm only running one atm! My first one...well, it's about to kick off soon. ETU - Savage Worlds.

Although, I'm up for playing a game. :)
Mar 20, 2020 3:00 pm
WhtKnt says:
On Gamers Plane? I'm running three games (AD&D 1E and two 5E) and playing in one (Wurm). I'm also active on Paizo's boards, running two D&D 5E, two Mutants & Masterminds, and two Pathfinder games, and playing in two Pathfinder games, two Savage World games, and an AD&D 2E game. I'm also thinking of starting a Savage Worlds game here, set in a steampunk Earth.
Steampunk Earth!!! Please think of me if this takes off! :)
Last edited March 20, 2020 3:00 pm
Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm
GMing 2, playing in 4. And been really having to restrain myself from applying to more, cuz there's so much good stuff going on here these days... And I have applied to 1 more... 😖

I think this down from my peak of 9 active games or so?

IRL, playing in 2, GMing 1 as a backup when we're lacking enough players to play our regular campaign.
Last edited March 20, 2020 4:14 pm
Mar 20, 2020 3:50 pm
On GP I'm playing in 25 and running 9. Also running 2 and playing 1 IRL.

I do feel that is probably near my upper limit and will probably seek to let those numbers dwindle as games come to completion. Except to try new things which is why I make so much of my spare time available for pbp.
Mar 20, 2020 3:57 pm
Oh yeah, real life. D&D 5E every Friday night, d20 Modern every Wednesday night, 5E every other Thursday and Saturday, and Pathfinder on the off-Saturday.
Mar 20, 2020 4:57 pm
12 and running 2.5 (one on hold, person in away status). Not easy to really focus and it's about all my brain can handle with all that's going on right now in NY and family. I've had up to 18 which was fine.... back then.
Mar 20, 2020 5:04 pm
I'm pretty good at cleaning up, so non active games are gone!
GMing 3 game: 1 is very experimental and home-brewed, 1 is on hold as far as I can tell and the other is that one I've spammed GP about ;)
Playing 8 games: 2 slowed, 2 setting up, 4 going as normal
Planning 1 new system just because I can't stay quiet!!!
Thinking I still have too much... (and then see Qralloq 😱)
Last edited March 20, 2020 5:04 pm
Mar 20, 2020 6:04 pm
I GM one game (it will be 2 years old in May and is still very active!), and I play in one game. I've been a player of a number of other games over the years that either stalled or I pulled out of, or reached their natural conclusion.
Mar 20, 2020 7:50 pm
I am GMing one game (D&D 5e) and playing in 7 others (1 Delta Green, 1 Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, 1 D&D 2e, and the rest D&D 5e).
Mar 20, 2020 9:34 pm
I’m playing in two. I joined about five months ago. I didn’t want to join too many games as I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to find the time, but I found that two is probably too few for me.

I might offer to GM one soon.
Mar 20, 2020 10:01 pm
Well I am Gming 6 though 1 of them is on hold. Playing 5 but only 2 of them are active.
Last edited March 20, 2020 10:02 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.