Genesys - Post apocalypse

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 1, 2020 7:50 am
Hi all,

I've opened a game in the FFG Genesys system for a post-apocalypse setting. The link is here to join. I'm not sure how to get my game to show up on the games list when you click the "Join a game" button in the games tab. Would anybody be able to help me with that?

Thanks so much.
Apr 1, 2020 8:22 am
The game is there and also visible on the front page :)
I think you just can't see them there because you're alreayd in the game/because you're the GM
Apr 1, 2020 8:25 am
Oh, thanks bowlofspinach!
Apr 1, 2020 9:36 am
I love the system.

Your description seems to cut off mid-sentence.
Apr 1, 2020 11:05 pm
Oops you're totally right, the end of that sentence should read "All 3 archetypes listed in the Post-Apocalypse setting of the Extended Player's Guide are fair game as well as any career in the core rule book."

I've updated the post to reflect that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Apr 2, 2020 12:20 am
Ugh, I want to do this game, but I just picked up two new things and need to get a feel for my new load before I consider something else.
Apr 2, 2020 1:36 am
You're always welcome, emsquared. If we don't hit capacity and start rolling always feel free to reach out and we can "discover" you along the adventure!
Apr 3, 2020 2:10 am
Hi all!

Looking for at least a couple more players to get started on this one. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Genesys is a really awesome, flexible system that has enough crunch to make things mechanically interesting without so much that you have to calculated steel beam tensile strength!
Apr 3, 2020 3:03 am
Hey Eskaton. I have experience with GENESYS, currently playing in a Realms of Terrinoth fantasy game run by Remnant, and have played a few short games of FFG SW. I don't have the Extended Players Guide if that is a requirement.

My disclaimer: if there ends up being extra players, kick me first - I'm in a metric ton of game and I don't want to hog all the shinies.
Apr 3, 2020 7:07 am
You're more than welcome! EPG is not absolutely necessary, I can post the archetypes and special rules we'll be using in this setting if you're interested in joining. You'd be our third PC which is all we really need to start (still room for another PC after you), so go ahead and apply and I'll work on getting that stuff plugged into the forums!
Apr 3, 2020 2:57 pm
Thanks, applied
Apr 3, 2020 4:16 pm
Sounds fun. But I don't have the books. Ok I do have the rulebook but not the extended. I don't have any experience with the system. How will you do the special narrative dice?
Last edited April 3, 2020 4:20 pm
Apr 3, 2020 4:37 pm
The star wars dice work here, and that's what we use for in the Genesys game I play in here.
Apr 4, 2020 7:12 am
Yeha it's basically just sw dice without a force die
Apr 4, 2020 2:50 pm
I've never played Star Wars either. :-)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.